May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Picked it up friday night from David Penmans in Darlington, loved the drive home and really am i happy i bought the car, makes such a change from my corsa sri! New into this scene really so any help / suggestion will not be overlooked, itl be getting lightly modded but ill be keeping it very subtle!

Anyway on sunday me and a mate thought we would get down to work on it and fit the new headunit id managed to pick up at a bargain price off here:

Photo0178.jpg

Then got carried away and gave it a full detail after debdaging the 'ibiza' off the rear and the 'tdi' badges off the sides under the indicators. Was very happy with the results and there was hardly a mark on the whole car which i was very happy about! Engine bay also got done as it was pitted but forgot to take any pics. These pictures arnt great though as they were off a phone and it was about 9pm by the time wed finished it!

Photo0173.jpg

Photo0174.jpg

Photo0175.jpg

Photo0176.jpg

Photo0177.jpg

Future plans will be lowered 45mm as it currently looks like a 4x4 :happy: panel filter, pd160 intake, seatsport strut brace, de-restricted airbox, stage 1 re-map (not sure on company yet, suggestions?), 20mm rear spacers and paint the calipers. Not sure which colour though, was going to do it sunday but couldnt decide! Also few bits and bats will be done gloss black / Gloss white, side strips and mirrors were already done when i bought the car which was a nice extra!

Also another thing, got a stubby ariel for it tried twisting off the standard one and it seems to get so far then just turn and not come out anymore :( is this some sort of security feature or are the threads knacked?

Cheers for looking:)

Scott

Last edited:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Looking good buddy, welcome to the forum! With remaps, the companies to look at are P-Torque, Custom Code and Revo. The aerial needs a good tug to remove it (once you have unscrewed it).. its a security thing. This forum will make your poor with all the nice tings you can do to an Mk4 Ibiza. Looks like you have a good idea of what needs doing judging by your list above... Good luck!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
car looks awesome....

really like candy white. Your plans sound like what i have done...except the lowering...

would really suggest 20mm spacers, makes the car look a lot meaner!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Looking good buddy, welcome to the forum! With remaps, the companies to look at are P-Torque, Custom Code and Revo. The aerial needs a good tug to remove it (once you have unscrewed it).. its a security thing. This forum will make your poor with all the nice tings you can do to an Mk4 Ibiza. Looks like you have a good idea of what needs doing judging by your list above... Good luck!

Cheers matey :) fancied the p-torque one but the clutch issues worry me really so im been lead more towards a softer map like the revo one, confused atm! Ill try the ariel again when i get home from work, didnt like the roof flex when i was pulling last night like:happy:

Lush I do love these White ibizas your mod list looks good but be warned it will increase :p

im sure it will :( ill just be poor again for evermore haha

car looks awesome....

really like candy white. Your plans sound like what i have done...except the lowering...

would really suggest 20mm spacers, makes the car look a lot meaner!

yeh ive seen a couple of threads makes so much difference, any suggestions on which ones to buy? Also what does your milltek sound like? Never heard one on a diesel!

Markie68

Cars = ££
Jan 15, 2008
Tamworth
Cheers matey :) fancied the p-torque one but the clutch issues worry me really so im been lead more towards a softer map like the revo one, confused atm! Ill try the ariel again when i get home from work, didnt like the roof flex when i was pulling last night like:happy:

If you want a nice smooth map that wont kill your clutch I would suggest Custom code as I have heard Revo are a little bit to strong. but theres alot of choice

Looks nice and clean anyway congrats.

Welcome again and great colour

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
If you want a nice smooth map that wont kill your clutch I would suggest Custom code as I have heard Revo are a little bit to strong. but theres alot of choice

Looks nice and clean anyway congrats.

Welcome again and great colour

Now im realy confused, i thought revo were quite mild haha ill have to keep an eye out and do some more research!

Thanks for the welcomes too, much appreciated :)

Looks good Scott, saw your thread on CCUK. Plans sound good

Thanks, whats your username on ccuk like?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
sounds really good....give a lovely roar at about 3000rpm...

i got 20mm spacers off ebay.....perfectly adequate

i have a p-torque remap...must say its great fun...running at about 177 hp and 300lb torque

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
sounds really good....give a lovely roar at about 3000rpm...

i got 20mm spacers off ebay.....perfectly adequate

i have a p-torque remap...must say its great fun...running at about 177 hp and 300lb torque

yeh totally agree, was really surprised when i first heard it, actually sounds nice! So am i just looking for some 20mm 5x100 spacers? Seen ones where you just use longer bolts and then ones that you bolt to the hub then the wheel to the spacer, any preferences?

see the 177hp and 300ftlbs sounds awesome, bet it doesnt have go! its only 300 quid aswell isnt it?

Same as on here, dont really post that much though

yeh probably best not to, its a pretty rubbish forum for anything useful :happy:

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
yeh totally agree, was really surprised when i first heard it, actually sounds nice! So am i just looking for some 20mm 5x100 spacers? Seen ones where you just use longer bolts and then ones that you bolt to the hub then the wheel to the spacer, any preferences?

see the 177hp and 300ftlbs sounds awesome, bet it doesnt have go! its only 300 quid aswell isnt it?

yeh probably best not to, its a pretty rubbish forum for anything useful :happy:

yea the milltek takes away a bit of the tapperty engine noise and gives a good roar when you boot it! Yea look for hubcentric spacers on ebay...got them from AC motorsports....just bolt the longer ones in to the hub then your originals into the spacer

the remap is amazing...cost 265 all in....really quick now...just gotta be carefull with how u drive it

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
yea the milltek takes away a bit of the tapperty engine noise and gives a good roar when you boot it! Yea look for hubcentric spacers on ebay...got them from AC motorsports....just bolt the longer ones in to the hub then your originals into the spacer

the remap is amazing...cost 265 all in....really quick now...just gotta be carefull with how u drive it

awesome, ill have a look tonight, might try get them and a panel filter before payday!

265? thats class, really tempted by the p-torque one now. In which way do you mean be careful? How should i be driving the diesel? Not too clued up really as ive come from a revvy 1800 petrol engine. If i drive it quicker only been taking it up to about 3-3.5k as it feels thats all it needs accelerationwise, im trying to not be so snappy with the clutch aswell, like feed it in and back out slower than i used to, not entirely sure though!

cheers for the help so far, really have shed some light!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
awesome, ill have a look tonight, might try get them and a panel filter before payday!

265? thats class, really tempted by the p-torque one now. In which way do you mean be careful? How should i be driving the diesel? Not too clued up really as ive come from a revvy 1800 petrol engine. If i drive it quicker only been taking it up to about 3-3.5k as it feels thats all it needs accelerationwise, im trying to not be so snappy with the clutch aswell, like feed it in and back out slower than i used to, not entirely sure though!

cheers for the help so far, really have shed some light!

well from advice i got on here....dont boot it when your in the wrong gear...dont really give it some power if your at 3,500.....feed it up to 2,000-2,500 then give it some :)
dont have to drive it like a grandad, just dont be stupid and try and boot it when your at low revs!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
I havnt got any updated pics but got a mate to do some quick photoshops for me:

lowerhitlerrear.jpg

rather than:

Photo0173.jpg

think it looks miles better!

been lowered approx 45mm, de-wipered and the rear spaced out. The good news is ive actually de-wipered it and fitted some fk 15mm spacers this weekend, surprised at how much of a difference they actually made, looks miles better now. 45mm Spax springs are on order aswell as some H7r hids, so ill update with proper pictures once thats all done!

digby130?

pocket rocket
Aug 10, 2008
exeter/london
looking good mate!!
nice choice of car!

with teh aerial make sure u hold the black bit on the roof when you tug it off! my mate ripped that off hahaha

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
looking good mate!!
nice choice of car!

with teh aerial make sure u hold the black bit on the roof when you tug it off! my mate ripped that off hahaha

haha did he really? thats mental, first time round when it wouldnt come off it looked like it might pull out so i just thought you couldnt remove it, then after been on here i held it like you said and it pulled out fairly easy! So its got a civic ariel on it now, put silvertec bulbs in the front indicators and some led sidelights in too. Wasnt going to spend much on it at first but wanna get it looking good first before getting it mapped etc and i really dont like the standard ride height and stance after how much my old car was lowered by haha

digby130?

pocket rocket
Aug 10, 2008
exeter/london
haha yeah twas funny as!! his face was definately a kodak moment!

yeah they do sit on stilts...still havent got round to doing it yet....

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Few quick pictures, disparately need an lcr front splitter! Just messing around with an slr my mate has just got, didnt come out as expected so were off out again one night to try again! Hope they are sized okay, just took them right off his account.

miniphotoshoot1035.jpg

miniphotoshoot1034.jpg

miniphotoshoot1028.jpg

miniphotoshoot1005.jpg

miniphotoshoot1003.jpg

miniphotoshoot1002.jpg

miniphotoshoot1016.jpg

miniphotoshoot1014.jpg

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Wow i am so jelous, i really want a candy white FR, that looks gorgeous. how much that set you back mate?

really liking the seat sport badges, might get some for mine
________
VAPORIZER

Last edited: