Naz - My '98 Cordoba 2.0 16v SX - Now SOLD!

Hey Guys n Gals,

Been a member on here for a little while but not posted much yet! I thought i might as well start a thread about my car rather than have threads with pics everywhere!

First of all- Bought her in March 09 after a nasty incident involving my Decked Polo and a drain cover:cry:

this was her RIP! bought her standard 1.4 cl with 28k on the clock 4 years back and ran her up to 90k

3386617225_d9f84409ed.jpg

3387439998_c6fb09a9ff.jpg

3355278268_77e3e8d83e.jpg

3217703465_786fd9b09b.jpg

Literally had her on the ground but then i had the unpleasantness of my subframe making good freinds with a drain cover- Result = smashed subframe, bent wishbone, bent car!

Managed to get a subframe n wishbone and got it all together but i was gutted and wanted a new car as id had the olop for 4 years now- needed something quicker, looking for a ABF but didnt want a golf as so common!

then lo and behold up popped a Cordy, and i thought hmm very different, ive always had a thing for ibizas and i thought a cordy?? different from the outset i know they are not to everyones liking but i thought it had potential :D

so a VERY nice deal was done on a px with my polo which had a week MOT left and needed some TLC as the Rust monster had set in places( fist sized hole in the boot!) even though i managed to get money back from the guy i px'd with as he had just fallen in love with the look of the polo!

I havent got many pics of the Cordy when i first picked her up but was all original but previous owner had replaced the OE 16" wheels with not very nice 15" tat- They are still on the car at the moment but hopefully not for long!

the car needed a little bit of TLC but had 12 months MOT

Things i had to find/fix

• Find Splitter
  • Replace Driver Fog
  • Sort Electrics on Rear Lights

also needed various Interior bits like the driver glovebox- kept falling in my lap when i was driving!

Drove her as it was for about a month then the Clutch cable snapped on me [:@] had to wait 3 hours for a tow home on a friday night Bank holiday weekend!

Anyway sorry for drivelling on!

Rear electrics were shot- all the wiring in the pipe from the body to the boot had split so got my mate to sort all that :D- i had no brake lights, no number plate lights, no rear fogs and bulb holders were knackered in the rear lights.

Sourced a deep splitter from ebay and other trim pieces.

Got a Fog light this week (thanks RICHYPANIC)
FK badgeless grille in the post
Seat Sport Holders with Euro Number plates- Cordy still had original Dealer Plates!! faded as f**k
upgraded all the bulbs to ebay Ice White Xenon jobbies- look a lot better than the yellow standard ones.

I havent got a lot of pics of the progess and no decent recent ones yet. But i spent 7 hours detailing the car with Meguirs Clay Kit and 3 stage Polishing kit. Best 30 quid ive ever spent! Arms were wrecked the next day though)

the clay kit is amazing- Sorry no proper before and after pics!

hopefully over the next few months ill get it looking the way i want- its not going to be a show stopper- just tidy!

here are some pics i took a lil while ago but i hopefully will get some more pics this weekend- Weather Permitting! they aint the best quality but are taken on N96

after the graft of clay kit and polish with standard indicators tinted the spray was knocking around! so i thought why not! (cant stand the orange!) been laquered properly since

3886830104_3c7842a01d.jpg

3886793870_5c6393057a.jpg

Some taken at my Mates Garage

3886782986_e4b37000e6.jpg

3886773414_5d160fd5d3.jpg

3886840398_4ae26b3cd5.jpg

Those with keen eyes have probably spotted my mates 1968 Cortina MK2 1300 Deluxe- im giving my mate a hand with it! was a garage find and we picked it up for a very tidy sum- genuine 32k on the clock one owner from new! garaged for the last 20 years! so currently bringing that back to life!

Apologies if ive bored any of you guys with my long ass thread!

ill get some more proper pics up soon.

Last edited:
got some ICE installed but need to sort the door speakers and something with the rear shelf

2 x12" DVC alpine type r subs running off kenwood class d monoblock 1800 w

Alpine cda9812-rb head unit

Need to do something with the rear shelf to let the bass in to the cabin though!

got a cheapy 4 channel to run my speakers- sounded loud and clear enough in my old car!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
hey naz, nice car man! shame about the polo, i love the euro'd polo's, i always see this green one in AMC car park, has BBS splits with the centre's green, it is dropped on it's arse!

both cars look sweet man! will keep an eye out for you in brum!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
is that an old mk2 Ford Cortina hidden in the corner ? wouldn't be a 2dr would it ?

Very nice looking Cordy by the way :):)

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
:( shame about the Polo, looked real nice.

So you only planning on doing little mods to the cordy then? looks nice at the mo but not a fan of the red bit (what is it?) across the boot

Thanks all for your comments! ill get some pics of the whole car up hopefully 2moro, after a good ol clean!
i fitted the Badgeless FK grille today! was a PITA to do but worth it in the end- realoly changes the front of the car!

M1KEH- the wheels went with the polo as i had no others to put on when i sold it! they were 15" x 7 Team Dynamics DTM- apparently quite rare now.

Fl@pper - indeed it is a 1968 mk2 1300 deluxe 2 door COrtina! its my mates who owns the unit, we picked it up in July - a garage find 32k on the clock one owner from new! shell was in great shape with no rot on the floors just a lil panel rust her and there so we just sorted that and hopefully its going for a full respray soon. i might start a seperate thread off for it even though it aint mine lol! we just looking to restore the body at the moment- looking at upgrading the mechs maybe next year( naz thinks hmmm nice v8!!!???)

holdup- aint got big plans- funds are tight:-( just want to get the stace right with some nice OE wheels- then sort the handling and a few engine tricks maybe! but as we all know.. all projects start with small intentions! the red bit is standard on all cordobas.. i think it has the rear fogs in it and thats about it! it will look alot smarter once the rear spoler is removed

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
old man has a 4dr 1600e mk2 ser2 69 in garage in pieces same story, always fancied a V8 2door or a track setup cossie one myself

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
looking good and i must say thats some nice detailing you done and id say well worth the akeing arms!lol

Right- thanks for all your comments guys.

About time i added some new pics with my recent small amount of mods!

Had another 4 hour or so detailing session with the car last weekend.

Fitted badgeless grille and put the New number plates on.

Please ignore the wheels! and the ride height! - i know they have got to go but all in good time as funds become available!

PLZ IGNORE PIC QUALITY - THE N96 aint the greatest! - you have to keep it reeeeal steady!

At mates garage fitting the badgeless grille with surround removed THe surround was a little PITA to remove but got there in the end without damaging it or the bumper- I was trying to remove by using a long screwdriver from the top of the grille but in the end a small flat pushed between the bumper and grille surround done the trick!

3896174326_943a14b073_b.jpg

All fitted up with number plates and holders too- Car was really dusty after being parked next to "Georgina the Cortina"

In need of a good clean!
3895400691_b6dc89a135_b.jpg

Pic of mk2 Cortina and 'H' my good friend who owns the garage- Helped me with all the work on current car and previous! Nice One Bruv!!
3896207554_86e1479ca8_b.jpg

Pics after a good old Wash and Detail with Megs 3 stage

3896229278_05b32bb05a_b.jpg

Car has had a little scrape on the bumper/corner of the quarter- and had a quick repair. before i owned it!

3896245470_bd81828dff_b.jpg

3895495999_ac5fa22971_b.jpg

3895519891_bf48429db8_b.jpg

Also Fogs removed and cleaned- Near side was smashed but thanks to RICHYPANIC for the replacement!

3896309344_147ef08cea_o.jpg

3896315798_3aaeb44a5a_b.jpg

Tried to capture the reflections the best i could

3895508309_a9a92257e0_b.jpg

Got a few chips!

3896263634_e7bd0277d1_b.jpg

Skoda Superb II TDI CR170 DSG- (The Cruiser) lol i know its filty!

3896373142_f7caed6ffe_b.jpg

Interior shot- Didnt get round to cleaning inside! Mk4 Golf Shift Knob

3895573409_d9551d4e35_b.jpg

Main things i want to get sorted are 16" Wheels (Cupra ones Hopefully) Would love a set of Borbet 'A's 9x rear 7.5 front- just cant bring myself to spend 500+ on just wheels!
Get the Ar*e dropped on coilies
Light Tints

Like the look of Cordy DeSpoilerd!

woodlehouse

Mar 1, 2008
billingham
very nice , i really like the 16v cordoba model , ive had 2 now ....craashed one & broke the other for parts in teh end :(

wouldnt mind another someday

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
looks sweet naz! good detailing!

my first seat i ever owned tbh- its great though- everyone asks what is it?? and then they find its got an abf? next question i get asked is who done the conversion?

the look on their face when they hear its standard! lol

Cannot wait to sort the handling out on this!

haha i know what you mean, a guy in a hyundai coupe (2.0) was driving up my arse until i dropped a gear, then next lights (before motorway) he was like what's under that, who did the conversion, i said "SEAT did it from factory" then smoked him (upto speed limit :p) he didn't like it :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise