Ape's LCR225 Thread (Getting Back on the Road)

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Camera is installed :D Bit fiddly but got there in the end, video quality isn't too bad considering it's £13!
Played around with the Dumpvalve as well this afternoon

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Played with the Dumpvalve at the weekend, and mounted the new little camcorder! It boosts harder now, it is a bit louder but it's not too bad.

I got a delivery today :D My Race Diagnostics Liquid Gauge:
DSC_0497.jpg

DSC_0498.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg

DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0514.jpg

DSC_0517.jpg

DSC_0519.jpg

Comes with Password, Instructions / User guides, fitting advice. Brilliantly packaged and delivered in no time as well! Can't wait to fit it!

Oh yeah, also got a SEAT tax holder as well :lol:

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
You'll love the Liquid mate, awesome bit of kit!

It will probably need trimming down quite alot for it to fit in your airvent, i know mine did.

Also, be careful with the black finish on the mount, it flakes off very easily! Even a fingernail will bring it off! :censored:

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Out of interest mate, is the gauge installed yet? Also, does it actually record the boost? Bought Rev for the iphone and it doesn't show..

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
I'll be fitting it this weekend unless I get twitchy and install it during the week. The LCR doesn't live with me at home, its tucked safely out of the way in a garage :)

It's a bit disappointing to hear about the finish, I'll see how it goes :)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Out of interest mate, is the gauge installed yet? Also, does it actually record the boost? Bought Rev for the iphone and it doesn't show..

Yes does boost amongst a host of other things.

Prise out the vent and take the vent home, give you more time to mak it fit nicely.

Agreed on the finish, small price to pay though.

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Under the Dash
LiquidGauge16.jpg

Lower dash panel removed and vent removed ready to receive Gauge
LiquidGauge18.jpg

Wire Aperture cut through vent duct, and Wire threaded through
LiquidGauge9.jpg

All hooked up and ready to go into final position
LiquidGauge10.jpg

Gauge Connected up and ready to go in
LiquidGauge8.jpg

Tidying the OBDII Wires using the Fuse/Relay Plate and another bracket which holds something else :lol:
LiquidGauge15.jpg

Gauge Fitted and Powered up insitu :D
LiquidGauge17.jpg

It took a fair bit of sanding, and removing the vent slat's wasn't too pretty. I used some of the bubblewrap packing as a heatshield in the vent and packed it tight. The Gauge is brilliant, accurate and easy to use. Bhp measured at 230bhp, with torque at 234lb ft, will see at the P Torque Rolling Road day how it compares against a Rolling Road etc. Boost peaked at 16.something psi, oil temperature stayed at around 90. The only fault code I got was regarding the N249 which I've bypassed so no problems there. My only gripe with it is the multi graph - seems to have a problem with it and after a short while it resets its communication due to an error. Being able to reset the Throttle Body through it is a nice touch also.

All in all, very pleased with it, not too hard to install and it isn't too distracting whilst driving either. Top product! :D

Aug 2, 2009
North Lincs
To be honest I've only used the multi gauge fuction a couple of times but didn't have any probs with it. I'm away at the mo but I'll have a go when I get back, see if it crashes or not.

Iirc, it uses the MAF to work out the bhp and torque. I might be wrong tho, so best wait for some more replies!!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Cheers all,

Mashburn, do you have the comm error with the multigauge function? Just wondering whether the unit is faulty or I'm being a tard with it :lol:

Secondly - anyone know how it measures bhp and torque?
There's loads of posts on the MK1 section about this.
AFAIK it uses the MAF reading with a changable scaling to give you the BHP, not too sure about the torque

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise