Weitec uk customer service sucks

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
I purchased Weitec Hicon TX coilovers for my Seat just over 2 years ago, in July 2007at a cost of £605.
Two months ago the front shocks started to leak all over my rims, crackle and the front of the car was bouncing all over the place.

I had this diagnosed by AMD and ELITE Autos who confirmed that the front shocks were shot & badly leaking.

So I decided to contact Weitec to see if they could rebuild my front shocks and that’s where my horror began (OVER A PERIOD OF A MONTH).

Weitec UK told me that they could not rebuild my front shocks because the range had been discontinued & replaced 4 months ago with a wet built Hicon TX plus version and as such I would have to buy two new complete front shocks at a cost of £379 for the pair.
I was not too pleased because I bought these coilovers just over two years ago and thought it was odd not to offer support for my coilovers so I asked for a discount and Weitec UK declined my request.

So I decided to contact Weitec of Germany to present my case and as such I was offered a buy one get one free offer from Weitec of Germany as a good will gesture, but this was to be done through Weitec UK.

I was contacted by Weitec UK to confirm this offer and I was over the moon because all I would have to spend was £190 for one shock while I got the other shock free.
This offer was made on Wednesday of last week but as soon as I offered to pay, the guy at Weitec UK said I should hold so he could confirm availability from Weitec of Germany. He promised to call me back but never did.

The same thing happened on Thursday and Friday last week.

Then today I called Weitec UK to speak to the guy, he had changed his story 360 degrees.
He said he could offer me an insert cartridge at a cost of £260 a pair but I would have to find someone who will have to insert the cartridge into the shocks. That’s bullocks I think.
At this stage I asked him where the concession originally granted by Weitec of Germany had gone and then he started telling me he was doing me a favour. Hence no concession.

Insertion of the cartridge into the shock is something I expected Weitec UK to do.

I have since gone to get quotes to get the cartridge inserted in the shocks and this came out to £50 per shock, in effect I will be spending £100 extra.

Prior to this diagnosis i have already spent £280 replacing the ball joints and wishbone bushes which were misdiagnosed.

What pisses me off is that by the time I pay £260 for the inserts, £100 for inserting them into the shocks and a further £170 plus VAT labour (JUST FOR THE FRONT SHOCKS).

If I accept his offer I would have spent enough money to get me a decent brand new coilovers.

What do you think I should do.??
SHOULD I

1).complain back to Weitec of Germany and deal directly with them.
2). Accept the altered deal which in effect is no deal.
3). Buy new coilovers.

I am in no way slagging the quality of Weitec coilovers but the level of customer service on the UK side is very poor when things go wrong.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Write an official letter of complaint to the person above the person you been dealing with and send the same letter to germany for their reference.

Make specific points about the goal posts being changed, how you are being treated by the individual you are dealing with.

Once you have sent the letter, ring the Germany office and let them know verbally what you are doing. See what they say.

What is not on your side is that you are out of the two year warranty so they dont really have to do anything and so forth. Doesnt their website say the coilovers are fully rebuildable? Maybe quote some of their own marketting towards them.

At this point I wouldnt want to pay a penny. This is one of the reasons why I went for KW V3s as they are built in germany so you deal directly with KW not KW UK.

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
oh thanks for the swift response.
i will compose an email to KW Germany today.
what i dont like is being treated like a child.
the guy at Weitec UK said i wrongly described the shocks
on my car and said it was my own fault that created all the mix up.
when i established my first contact i gave him a unique 6 digit
manufacturing code on written on the shock which relates only to my
own specific purchase, model and date of manufacture.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
No problem mate just get your suspension sorted and yourself settled first.

Let us know what they reply and can advise you etc..

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise