Coops's Black Leon Cupra R - UPDATE: Miltek De-Cat Fitted and sounding sweet!

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Shame this happened right now, just when you were enjoying the new found performance. Think it makes sense to go for the set up Dan's suggesting. Your cars at that stage now and seen as you need to change it you might as well go for something which isn't going to let go anytime soon

coops10

Sep 1, 2009
Middlesex
www.coops-photo.co.uk
Amd sell them mate , 850 plus fitting works out to be about 1100 from them my mate had one fitted , comes with a single mass fly wheel makes a bit more noise but there a great bit of kit

Thats about what they quoted me for a Sachs clutch. But they did also say its probably not worth it if im staying at this sort of power (which I am)

1100 is a lot to fork out after 1500 last weekend :cry:

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Your clutch will go again on a standard unit it needs to be an updated one other wise your be buying new clutches all the time , spend big make it last spend cheap get another one soon lol it is a big spend but with uprated power you have to expect things to need upgrading with it

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Hope my clutch is going to be ok! Not sure whether to get this 3" TIP fitted now in the hunt for more power, which could ruin my clutch lol.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

brad1

For the extra few hundred quid, i'd go for an uprated clutch as with that power for peace of mind

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I tend to agree with Dan now though mate. If you think about it, a new standard clutch is only going to struggle after time (more so if it's an everyday driver) and eventually going to do the same. That's 800 x2 for me which will surely be x2 as I can't see it lasting with the torque your running now I know what they're rated to!

Go the Helix route me thinks and have that peace of mind. Especially if your thinking of tracking it?

If mine went, I'd go uprated allday long to stop the worry it will go again.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
an option, well worth considering.. currently being used by tuffty on his gt30 S3
Luk dual mass, Luk pressure plate, SACHs paddle friction plate

slightly more aggressive on take up but not too bad... Oe pedal feel for weight, puts up with 4wd launching ok..

JamJay

California Bound
I'm no clutch expert, in fact my experience with them stops at aiding my Dad replace a clutch plate a little while ago and looking at the workings of the gearbox for my own satisfaction. Other than that, pedal goes down, pedal comes up ta-daa lol but I've read many posts on SMFs and all state that they rattle quite loudly on idle. I've not heard one myself but apparently it's enough to get the car next to you at the lights looking over and expecting your car to fall apart. I don't think that there's any point in you going for a race setup on a road car, especially under 350 - 400bhp as it'll be wasted. It's not as if you launch hard all the time and you'll find that the clutch is heavy and jerky in comparison to OE and IMO will make driving more of a chore on the road.

The setup that Bill posted or in that link I posted to FunkyFin's post are good alternatives and the torque ratings are circa 350lb/ft IIRC but perhaps Bill can confirm?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members