Gezmeister's Seat Leon Cupra - Now gone :( replaced with a lexus :)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Here is my new project, a 2001 Seat Leon Cupra.

Picture073.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture075.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Picture079.jpg

The all important one ;)

Picture076.jpg

And my first mod

Picture078.jpg

Last edited:

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Small update

In keeping with cheap mods as thats all i can afford at the mo, i fitted some uprated bulbs. Bear in mind that in the pics, my fogs are still standard, but i have replacements to match the headlights ones :) Fitted the sidelights that came with the set too, but disappointingly, they are just normal 501, not matched to the rest :?

Normal lights and fogs:

Picture081.jpg

High beams and fogs:

Picture082.jpg

Not bad for less than a tenner posted 8)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Finally got round to fitting an uprated dump valve. Not sure on the make, but feels sturdy and looks to be of good quality

Standard Bosch dump valve

Picture083.jpg

Difference between the 2

Picture084.jpg

Uprated version fitted in reverse

Picture085.jpg

Definately helped my stuttering problem, jobs a good 'un!

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Went down to GSF today and got a new MAF, £95 for a genuine bosch one, plus £25 to come back to me from the surcharge, so £70 all in. Chuffed :D

Not gonna fit it straight away as i'm waiting on a jetex FR 07003 that i ordered from Bill @ Badger5, and a silicone joiner and metal joiner i bought from ebay to move it closer to the wing. Gonna fit it all at the same time, will post up pics when i'm finished

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Ok, got my jetex fr07003 delivered today, cheers bill

cars139.jpg

cars140.jpg

cars141.jpg

Alloy joiner

cars142.jpg

New MAF

cars143.jpg

Just waiting on the silicone joiner now, which will hopefully turn up tomorrow, and i can get it all fitted :D

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Only thing i'm not a fan of is those standard wheels

Sorry, but the rest of the car and the few wee mods have made a good difference already :)

I agree, i think the standard alloys let it down a little. A nice set of 18"s in the future should sort that out :D

Even a set of 17"s with a nice drop should sort it

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Did you trim the SAI so it was shorter? Also what have you secured the breather filter to?

Just cut the 90 degree connection to the airbox off. It's secured to another small hose for now, although it may stay like that permanantly. Gotta fit my cold air feed too

MonkeyTibs

Seat Simian
Dec 24, 2009
Southampton
Ok cool, I will probably do the same with the SAI then. I got a 25mm breather filter but it's quite small so I think I'll need to copy your boiling water approach to get it on.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Brief update

Went to get my tyre sorted on one of my alloys today (it had deflated, and i thought i had a puncture). They said the back of the wheel had some corrosion, and that the valve wasn't a great seal, so cleaned up the corrosion a bit, put in a new valve and it's good as new! £10 to do, well chuffed :D

Got my 7 piece water hose kit from THS today, only ordered it mid afternoon on Monday, great service!

Picture084-1.jpg

Also in the picture, you can see some Philips blue side light bulbs, which will be going in with the clear indicator bulbs i bought when they finally arrive :evil:

But before that, i really need to give the old gal a service. Have the parts here, but not much spare time. After that, cambelt time!

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Fitted a few little bits yesterday:

Silver indicator bulbs and philips blue side light bulbs:

Picture087.jpg

Stubby Citroen Picasso Aerial (yellow is the flash off the camera)

Picture086.jpg

Gotta love water beading 8)

Picture088.jpg

And a few random shots:

Picture089.jpg

Picture090.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture092.jpg

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Picked up some 18" Audi A8 reps yesterday, little bit of work needed (minor kerbing and corrosion) but came with 2 new tyres

Picture099.jpg

And one i blinged up earlier today

Picture100.jpg

Might wait til the better weather is in to fit them, but if i sell my standard cupra multispokes, then they will get fitted asap

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.