DPM Performance

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEATCupra.net Sponsors - Trading area » Forge Motorsport

Forge Motorsport Manufacturers of VAG Turbo tuning accesories Custom build intercoolers , Diverter valves , Blow off valves , Forge Silicon Hoses by siliconhoses.com

Old 23-11-2009, 20:45   #1
warren_cox
Back from the dead

warren_cox has 20 points
Thumbs up Many thanks to Forge for sorting the car (Blanking cap for BSH catch can not sealing)

As many of you know I've been having a few minor issues with the car in the last couple of months. There has been a bit of a flat spot, a very high pitched whistle, and an inconsistent idle.

My mindset was starting to turn to the viewpoint of, another day, another peculiarity to deal with, but today after leaving work in Cheltenham I hooned over to Gloucester to see Forge.

The high pitched whistle had me sensing I had a bit of an air leak, as under full load there was a piercing whistle which only abated when you lifted from the gas pedal. Stop starting in traffic was a tad jerky too which was a tell tale sign.

My initial point of concern was the blanking cap provided by BSH for the catch can.

I asked the guys at Forge to spec me up a kit (as I'd seen it done by someone else - possible on here).

Forge supplied:

1) 22-19mm reducer hose (black) - Part no. S22-19B @ £6.50 + VAT

2) Blanking Plug 20mm - Part no. FMTB052K20 @ £4.73 + VAT

3) 2 x No.30 Hose clamps - Part no. FMHC2230 @ £1.29 + VAT (Each)

I decided that as the hoses supplied by BSH to attach to the catch tank were also a bit weak (and possibly not oil resistant), I would also replace these with some new silicone hosing.

I purchased:

1) A 1 metre length of 16mm Straight Silicone Hose (Black) - Part no. SH-16 @ £17 + VAT

2) 4 x No.25 Hose clamps - Part no. FMHC1725 @ £1.25 + VAT each

TOTAL COST OF ALL PARTS: £41.19 (inc VAT)

All in all the guys were very helpful getting me sorted with the appropriate parts, and ensuring everything fitted and matched.

Had a quick look at the Twintercooler and Twintake bits whilst I was down there and look very interesting.

I'm pleased to report the idle is now rock solid, the high pitched whistle is gone. The car is also much smoother to drive and feels far more consistent on boost. The intermittent flat spot I was experiencing feels far less noticeable which surprised me as I was expecting it to be purely heatsoak related.

For those of you (like myself) who have purchased a BSH catch tank on the cheap group buy on Mk5 Golf GTi, these additions are money very well spent. To be honest I've not been that impressed by the BSH catch tank with respect to the outright quality of ancillary components it's supplied with. It's functional but certainly not exceptional. If I had my time again I'd buy the Forge one (take note if you are thinking of buying one).

Many thanks to the guys at Forge who were engaging and incredibly helpful, it was interesting to have a chat with the some of the guys who stand by the break out area for a coffee and a tobacco fix too!!

And one piece of good news, I had a chat with Kev(?) from Forge about getting a replacement silicone remote location pipe for the DV (mine compresses with heat). They are looking at the tooling costs to see if this is a viable option for the Ed30/Cupra/S3, so watch this space.
Old 24-11-2009, 09:56   #2
Cupra R

Cupra R has 10 points
I never liked the blanking plug from the start and did something similar straight away although i used 22mm hose and got a m8 at work to turn me a plug. Warren the hose you purchased to replace the supplied BSH hose. Is it flouro lined? Ive been led to beleive this is necessary for potential fuel and oil vapours?
Cupra R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 10:01   #3
warren_cox
Back from the dead

warren_cox has 20 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupra R View Post
I never liked the blanking plug from the start and did something similar straight away although i used 22mm hose and got a m8 at work to turn me a plug. Warren the hose you purchased to replace the supplied BSH hose. Is it flouro lined? Ive been led to beleive this is necessary for potential fuel and oil vapours?

So I am led to believe by the guys at Forge, but I'm sure they can confirm.
Old 24-11-2009, 10:19   #4
Cupra R

Cupra R has 10 points
I dont think £17 plus vat is too bad for flouro lined however dont really want p+p on top lol. I think i may change mine too. Are they forge branded or another?
Old 24-11-2009, 10:33   #5
ForgeMotorsport

ForgeMotorsport has 10 points
I am glad we were able to help ...
ForgeMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 11:53   #6
robdf2
Yellow is the best

robdf2 has 20 points
is there a way forge can make a part number for this kit?
i have not installed my catch can yet but really only want to do it once and properly.

Any help much appreciated forge
Old 24-11-2009, 13:28   #7
Cupra R

Cupra R has 10 points
whoops. Just looked on forges site and the flouro lined stuff is £34 plus vat unless im mistaken. So you just have normal then Warren? I take it this is fine for this application?
Old 24-11-2009, 13:39   #8
warren_cox
Back from the dead

warren_cox has 20 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupra R View Post
whoops. Just looked on forges site and the flouro lined stuff is £34 plus vat unless im mistaken. So you just have normal then Warren? I take it this is fine for this application?
Forge guys had their heads under the bonnet and recommended this, so I have to say I went with their judgment. The OEM ones were competing for space with the cold-side relocation pipe and getting crushed by the bonnet, particularly when warm.

What benefit does the flouro stuff actually offer beyond the ones they have supplied, as surely these new ones have to be better than the standard rubber hoses?
Old 24-11-2009, 15:10   #9
Cupra R

Cupra R has 10 points
The flouro lined stuff is for fuel and oil piping. Now we get these vapours which over time could perish normal silicone hoses. But i dont know after how long. This is only from what i have been told. So all i can go on. Untill told otherwise lol
Old 25-11-2009, 17:43   #10
cheungy

cheungy has 10 points
very good info there warren its making me change my mind on a few things and where i am heading next
Old 26-11-2009, 08:12   #11
ForgeMotorsport

happy to help ....as mentioned the regular silicon will discolour and break down over a short period of time , flurosilicon is the only way to go on any application where there is exposure to oil , petrol or vapours ...We only use fluroslicon for the these applications , its costs a bit more but the job is worth doing well
Old 26-11-2009, 08:57   #12
Cupra R

Cupra R has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgeMotorsport View Post
happy to help ....as mentioned the regular silicon will discolour and break down over a short period of time , flurosilicon is the only way to go on any application where there is exposure to oil , petrol or vapours ...We only use fluroslicon for the these applications , its costs a bit more but the job is worth doing well
Thanks for clearing that up. The hose Warren now has fitted then for £17 plus vat, is this flouro lined or normal? If it is lined ill be calling you up for some.
Old 26-11-2009, 16:51   #13
ForgeMotorsport

OK ....on investigation here , and a bit of embarresment .
It turns out in Johns haste to look after the customer , he inadvertently pulled the regular silicon from the stock....

I have the correct floutolined hose here so if Warren can PM me Ill send this out to him free of charge .... the other bit of bad news as I eluded to is the price ..16 mm flurolined will be is £ 39.00 ....ouch

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=SH-16/FL

it is worth doing tho , I would rather come clean and tell you the truth rather than trying to blag that we had supplied the wrong part at the wrong price ...
Old 26-11-2009, 23:56   #14
Blade

Blade has 10 points
Bugger, more money to spend every time i read one of your posts Warren
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 10:28   #15
ForgeMotorsport

in the post
Old 27-11-2009, 17:27   #16
warren_cox
Back from the dead

warren_cox has 20 points
Quote:
in the post
Fantastic customer services as always - many thanks.

@ Blade: But the car deserves it, hopefully FOrge will have the cold-side DV relocation pipe ready for the new year
Old 27-11-2009, 18:47   #17
Cupra R

Cupra R has 10 points
If Forge are making a replacement DV pipe, then I think I will wait and then order a metre of hose and a DV pipe too.
Old 27-11-2009, 21:53   #18
ForgeMotorsport

will advise
Old 27-11-2009, 21:59   #19
Cupra R

Cupra R has 10 points
Quote:
will advise