Removing MK5 Ibiza front door trim

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
cheers mate, will have a look into this on my next sunny day off, i have the torz screwdrivers somewhere, but where did you get the trim removal tool from, can you just pick them up anywhere?

GPL

Mar 6, 2010
Hello mate .
Do you have to do all that to change the inside door handle aswell???

chrishale

May 31, 2010
Manchester, UK
BUMP ^^, and i was going to get my local dealer to fit some alpine type g's but he said i need some kind of converter/adapter, but wasnt sure what type.

Does any one know?

craigd

Jul 27, 2007
North Wales / Kent
Many thanks for this Techie, I am going to upgrade my speakers, I want to order some before stripping the doors, can anyone advise what size I should order, was thinking of getting some vibe components.

Bocanegra with all the options and LEDS - just waiting for my Revo :)

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
did you get those door panels white as standard or did you get them upholstered? I have a horrible patterned "rubbery leather" on mine in grey, was looking into getting some white ones or upholstered red leather

Also, let me give you a challange because I cant for the life of me get this off without damaging other parts. Its the climate control grey plastic panel with the little horizontal vents either side. Im getting the impression when I fiddle with it that you need to take the gloss black control pannel off first but it dosent come off easily and Im not confident in it not getting damaged.

Last edited:

markibiza

I had my door cards in my SC Sport covered in Leather, by a company called Transcal based in Scotland. They matched the white stiching on my leather seats that I got as an option from Seat. They look amazing.

Mark

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
didnt know they did a white stitch option. Can I ask you how much it cost, I know someone on here had the 2 front ones done, 2 rear and rear seats for about £1500

markibiza

My leather seats (all four) cost £820 from Seat. The leather door cards cost £170 including shipping and padding to the arm rest section. I will post pics ASAP.

Mark

Hank

Sep 20, 2009
Thanks for posting this up Techie, it came in handy today. I decided to take the door card off today to have a look look at the front speakers, thinking about replacing them soon.
Took me and a mate about 15 minutes to get it off, he works for lotus though, building the evora's doors which was helpful :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.