JordanMk3 Chill.. Cupra Wheels Now Stand Out ;)

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
Hi everyone..
Im new to all this forum stuff, and after reading a few threads, there are a good few experts on here..

Tomorrow is the big day, I pick up my damaged Seat Ibiza Mk3.. Its only a chill, but it is my first car. (I got an insurance quote for a cupra... £6000 on my dads policy) The insurance is £2000 on my own policy, and my dad as a named driver..
It doesnt have a substantial amount of damage, it has a damaged O/S wing, hub and wheel.. Hopefully not costing more than £150 to put right.
With this weekend being work free, I reckon the car can be sorted..

I have some ideas with what to do with it..
First of all will be the B pillar Vinyl, (Cheap and cheerful)
Next will be colour coding.. (markmeus had a great idea with his front bumper, it looks brilliant) Mirrors too..
I kinda like the 5 spoke wolfrace alloys, maybe 16's / 17's...

If anyone else could come up with some more ideas I would be greatly thankful..
Thanks a million
Jordan
:D
I will upload some pics of the damage and the car when done...

***5 months later***

I have been driving the car for just 2 weeks, as I have been messed around!! The modding will soon be starting.. Just bought a cupra suspension off Liam, and the B pillar vinyl off David (SERE Motors) <- Top Bloke!!

The rest of the mods on the list are a bit further on in the Thread..

A quick Then and Now...

Standard :/

SNV33093.jpg

SNV33101.jpg

SNV33103.jpg

Then:
IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

It looks a little better, but its still not quite there.. Hopefully in the next few months, there should be a few epic differences

*****2 years after purchasing*****

Yeah, I still have my Ibiza... Its changed a tad, from standard.. But now it looks, like this..
IMG_1625.jpg

AND NOW!!:

P5280523.jpg

Last edited:

Bowen

Jun 5, 2009
on daveibiza's drive.
sounds like a very sesible 4th post.

£6000 insurance! wow!

my only advice is dont go over bored with it, after all its your first car. a year down the line you might be able to insure something better. Nice set of wheels some small mods, job done.

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
sounds like a very sesible 4th post.

Thanks mate.. I've just tried to fit in and say things that these '6 million posts' guys have been saying..

I'm not into the whole 'WideBoy' kits and things like that. Some boots, some tints and a bit of colour coding will be just right.. :cartman:

I was just asking if there was somethings that anyone has done to their first car.. After all, it is going to last me a year or two.. And it has to impress the ladies, you know lmao :) :)

Thanks for your response mate...

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Cheers mate..

I have read the mind-boggling tutorial on how to fit an amp and sub.. I have a sub ready to go in but looking at the way you have to install it, I think it may be just uprated speakers.. But, if theres a will, theres a way I suppose, well, an easier way..

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
seriously mate, the sub and amp install is a piece of cake :) takes no longer than half an hour if you've got a mate to pull the cable through at the other end. and i'd go for an ipod xcarlink kit, yeah they may be 70 quid. but they are top notch and you can control it through the standard HU.

as with the mods, if you can find some cupra alloys, get some. buy some 20mm spacers, lower it and do a bit of colour coding and it will look fairly good.

im in the same boat as you with insurance, ive just gone on my own policy after being on my parents for two years, and i pay £896 TPF&T on a 1.6 sport.

good luck with the modding and i hope you enjoy it as a first car :)

chris.baldwin

Insurance: I'm 18 and I pay £1800 on a Cupra own policy no named drivers on Admiral :)

Just to keep on topic my first car was a 1.4 Golf Mk4, massive 18" Wolfrace wheels, r32 bonnet bra, lowered 40mm, colour coded and r32 rear light ohh also cd player and sub. Job done :)

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Thanks mate..
I think you may have just made me a list of the mods I'm going to do.. :)

I looked on ebay for some spacers, but all I got back was 5 studs lol.. Newb!!

Thanks mate, I am looking forward to getting it and showing off lmao..

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Insurance: I'm 18 and I pay £1800 on a Cupra own policy no named drivers on Admiral :)

Just to keep on topic my first car was a 1.4 Golf Mk4, massive 18" Wolfrace wheels, r32 bonnet bra, lowered 40mm, colour coded and r32 rear light ohh also cd player and sub. Job done :)

Bloody Hell.. That must be a seriously low risk area.. Where do you live? The moon? Your paying less on a cupra than I do on a chill.. :cry: Lucky git lmao...

I think, I'll just pay a big deposit, so that way the monthly payments will be a lot lower..

A mk4 golf for a first car, The insurance surely bent you over for that one...

Bowen

Jun 5, 2009
on daveibiza's drive.
Bloody Hell.. That must be a seriously low risk area.. Where do you live? The moon? Your paying less on a cupra than I do on a chill.. :cry: Lucky git lmao...

I think, I'll just pay a big deposit, so that way the monthly payments will be a lot lower..

Seriously made me laugh. i was thinking the same!

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Haha, I want the next one way ticket if he does.. My dad pays £1700 on his Beemer, and he's 40-ish (I dare ask him lol)..

So thats your yellow cupra? I have seen you on other threads, that looks rather tasty! If you dont mind me asking, How much is your insurance on that? That must leave you with a sore bottom..

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland

I remember when I got my chill and I paid £2,300 for the first year :(

Thankfully its down to a much more reasonable £640 now.

Insurance companies must be laughing all the way to the bank.

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
I remember when I got my chill and I paid £2,300 for the first year :(

Thankfully its down to a much more reasonable £640 now.

Insurance companies must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Damn, I thought I had it bad.. Is £640 with 2 years no claims? I damn well hope so.. I plan on keeping my beezer for a couple of years, so it shouldnt be that bad..

Tell me about it, they see us coming, suposedly, Direct line give out some good discounts, you know, to reel you in, and if you phone and ask for the online discount or 1 year nc bonus, they will give it to you..

My cheapest quote is with Quinn direct at £1900ish.. So if I put down a £1000 deposit, I will only pay around £900 in monthly payments.. This will help save up for mods..

Dr Gav

Hello mate, My first Seat was a 1.4 chill at £1700. I bought a cupra last year so this years premium with 2yrs no claim, fully comp, no other drivers £1200.
Use Adrian flux. they are completly mod friendly. i ve advised them about my K04 coversion to something like 270bph and they quoted an extra £200. Result.
Look forward to the pics. :p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members