Whats the first/ first couple of handling mods you'd do?

rudgey

Mk2 Leon TFSI Sport '06
Jul 2, 2008
near Midland VW ;)
As per title really, i have revo s1, now i'm looking to improve my tfsi sport in the handling dept! Braking is fine for the moment! I was thinking maybe lowering springs and a torque arm insert! What springs tho? Pro-kit eibachs? How much do you lot reckon the fitting should be on these two? Or would you go for something else?

Cheers all!

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
the most cost effective mod with lowering are the eibach sportline or proline springs. Sportline being 10mm lower. The next handling mod would be thicker ARBs or the Whiteline Anti-lift Kit (WALK). A lot of guys swear by the WALKs. atm I only have coilovers and thicker ARBs, but i'm still considering whether to go for WALKs.

As handling goes tyres are one of the most important pieces of kit. No point having the best suspension set-up, but running on budget or economy tyres. Just make sure you have some decent performance tyres too.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
in my experience by far the best mod you can do for your car is the ARBs. i have coilovers, arbs, walk etc etc. ARBS made the biggest difference by a long shot.

also when lowering the car more important than the lowering height should be the dampers. I know lowering the vRS whilst maintaining standard dampers made for a fidgety ride, considering the two cars maintain the same underppinnings it would be the same on the Leon.

im not saying coilovers are the way forward, but pairing lowering springs to uprated dampers is a must.

The torque arm insert made the grand total of .........no noticable difference on mine.
instead i say look into an uprated lower subframe engine mount. your looking at £100 ish but you will nearly elliminate wheel hop, and remove the slop in the transmission slop.

my list would read

-front and rear anti roll bars
- Mk2 audi TT lower support arms(around £300) to give you an extra hal degree of negative camber
-WALK
-lower mount

that setup will make your car a completely differnt animal.

Anti roll bars will lose the body roll in the car,
The TT lower arms will give you phenominal amounts of extra grip in the corners whilst maintaining normal tyre wear,
The Walk will give you a stiffer feel on the steering and a better turn in (due to the extra half degree of caster)
The lower mount will massively reduce wheel hop, thus increasing traction.

only then would i be looking into uprated springs/dampers or coilovers.

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
yep dont skimp on tyres!
me mother goes mad me spending money on me car says "it a waste of time" but she quite happy to buy me my tyres, usualy eagle f1s.:lol:

Poverty

If I was to do it all again, the next mod I would be looking at after revo is the pendulum mount.

i went for the eibach sportsline but if i was to do it again i'd probably go for the VW racing springs and a uprated damper. Which arb's does everyone use and is it the back/front or combined that make the difference ?

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Why the VW racing springs mate? How are they different to the sportlines?

I'm not sure if I want to go down the sportline route as I don't like the idea of them being softer than the standard set up.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Im guessing the springs are or bit shorter than the sportlines? Im running on sportlines now I kinda wish the ride is a bit harder atm feels a bit wobbly at high speeds but I don't have uprated ARBS installed nor the WALK kits so thats on the to do list.

Why the VW racing springs mate? How are they different to the sportlines?

I'm not sure if I want to go down the sportline route as I don't like the idea of them being softer than the standard set up.

supposedly lightweight, don't drop quite as low but they have more of a progressive winding than the eibachs, so they'll be a little softer. The eibachs are firmer than the standard springs.

Poverty

supposedly lightweight, don't drop quite as low but they have more of a progressive winding than the eibachs, so they'll be a little softer. The eibachs are firmer than the standard springs.

I was gonna go for the VWR ones, but that have got more expensive lately, and I wanted the stance that the eibach gives. Still not 100% sure if they are lightweight either, have read conflicting info. Should have rang VWR really but got lazy and just ordered the eibachs instead lol

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol

People say that the eibachs are softer?

Where can you buy the VW racing springs? got a link?

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Where can you get the lower tt arms from they sound like a win win kinda mod?

Also if your doing ARB's you might want to uprate the droplinks aswell.

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
Has anybody tried the Autotech anti-roll bars? i'm tempted to go for these, very lightweight apparently, expensive though.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise