Replacement for my LCR

dave_ph

:)
Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
Hi guys

As some may know, I no longer have my LCR....

I has an 07 reg Dolphin Grey S3 2.0T 265bhp in its place now!!

Its done 30k miles, in fantastic condition, and has the DVD based sat nav (which has 2 slots for SD cards for MP3's!), bose sound system, flat bottomed multifunctional steering wheel, auto dipping mirror and wing mirrors, auto lights, auto wipers, parking sensors (pfft), full leather with heated seats, bi-xenon headlights, lighting pack, luggage pack, the list goes on!

Annoyingly doesnt have bluetooth in it though, however that will be changed before long.

Had the car for 5 days now and love it. the 4wd especially. Its great to be able to floor it and get no wheelspin!

anyway without further delay...some pictures i took earlier (some are slightly blurred as the camera wasnt liking the dull light)

P1020176.jpg

P1020177.jpg

P1020178.jpg

P1020179.jpg

P1020180.jpg

P1020182.jpg

P1020183.jpg

P1020184.jpg

P1020185.jpg

P1020187.jpg

I still be around on SCN as the engine is very similar to that of the mk2 cupra, so no reason to leave unless voted out!

Dave

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2008
Sandbach
Cracking purchase mate, extremely jelous! Would love one if they were in my price range.

Lovely spec too, whats it like to drive over the LCR?

Anything planned for it? Or staying standard?

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Very nice Dave, now don't go buggering it up with mods ;) interior looks like a very nice place to be.

Edit: Actually, you should definitely do something about those sidelights, and then leave it alone :D

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
Cracking purchase mate, extremely jelous! Would love one if they were in my price range.

Lovely spec too, whats it like to drive over the LCR?

Anything planned for it? Or staying standard?

I'd love to stage 2 it, but insurance would be very awkward to sort out, and I just havent got the money for it now.

Its much more civilised to drive than the LCR, you can accelerate through the corners a lot harder without getting understeer, and i think it just general does handle better. On the other hand, for a late night blat around the quiet a-roads and country lanes, i think the LCR was more fun as it was more raw. Overall the S3 is in a different league though

Very nice Dave, now don't go buggering it up with mods ;) interior looks like a very nice place to be.

Edit: Actually, you should definitely do something about those sidelights, and then leave it alone :D

Just a stage 1 map for this one when its out of warrenty in July ;)

I want to retrofit bluetooth and cruise control, plus put the start button from an RS4 into it (pointless but geekily cool!)

The inside is very nice on it, the seats are comfy, and they definatly heat up well lol. just feels very nice and solid, although i must admit the grab handles aren't the most comfy on the old knees.

The side lights are purely for daylight running lights, so not that fussed about them lol, but yea when compared with the bi-xenons, they are shown up a bit. Good on audi this time though as they have made it so incredibly easy to change the bulbs (on my a4 it was impossible)

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Sounds like some good plans for it. All in good time im sure lol.. Where are you likely to get it remapped...? ;)

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
gonna go visit bill when the time comes and have a revo remap me thinks. Having taken my LCR to visit him a couple times, theres no other place I would rather go. Its still under warrenty until july, so bound to the audi dealer until then, so gonna try and find all potential problems with it before then to make sure it will be trouble free when the warrenty expires

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Thought you might say that. Good luck with future plans, hope it treats you better than the LCR did :D

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
Lovely looking car and in probaly one of the best VAG colours, well my favourite anyway:)

Ta very much :) I do like the colour, its not one of those bold exciting colours, but its one that is very easy on the eye and easy to live with.

Thought you might say that. Good luck with future plans, hope it treats you better than the LCR did :D

yea hopefully. The ol LCR wasn't bad, just the few things that went on it were bloody expensive, and really shouldn't have gone wrong

flappy

Ferociously Rapid
Mar 28, 2007
I want one :) ... Love it. They have so much potential with just a remap, exhaust and fuel pump. I remember seeing 350bhp from one when I was at JBS

COOLMAN

HI Dave.
Good choice!
It's good to hear you sing praises of 4 x wheel drive, I dont think many people look into it.It's great of the line and well worth the extra weight etc. I love VRS's and it wrangles that there isnt an S type version .
Researching bringing a Scout or 4x4 to Vrs spec. Enjoy your S3 it's a really overlooked car.

Enjoy
Coolie[B)]

dave_ph

Jul 12, 2006
Somerset
www.vagowners.co.uk
cheers mate :)

Its a shame there never was/gonna be a cupra r 4wd, esp with the new cupra having the same engine as the s3. it makes the acceleration in 1st and 2nd so much more useable and controllable.

Nothing away from my LCR though, it was damn good fun to drive!

warren_cox

Back from the dead
lol yea, not much difference between them ;)

I'm loving it so far! considering getting a revo stage 1 further down the line. how've you found your revo map (albeit stage2)

With Stage 1 it was good, but occasionally just felt like it was running out of steam a bit at the high revs (down to fuel pump). So you get the pump and then it needs Stg2 and the filter (and an exhaust but I haven't bought that yet).

Where I find it really comes into its own is in the wet. Mighty. Even in stage 2 it's pretty painless.

Believe me, changing car after the S3 is a toughie, makes a lot of stuff feel plain ordinary, particularly when tuned.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Great choice :coolthumb, my bro has a black one with the optional seats. No doubt you will love this car, I hate it as it kills me LCR....for now :p Hopefully will tune mine before he starts...lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.