Where is the diagnostic port located

KathW26

I just picked up my new Seat Ibiza yesterday and I've been trying to plug in a diagnostic cable but I can't find where the port is located on the 2009 model....can anyone shed any light on this???

So far my only disappointment with the car is the fact that it doesn't come with automatic lights - anyone know if this can be added via the diagnostic cable?

Thanks

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
The OBD-II port is in the drivers footwell, somewhere in the top right corner area iirc from when the AA man plugged his laptop into my car, behind a removeable panel.

Automatic lights are an optional extra which needs a sensor which is mounted in/on the dashboard and as such can't be activated via vag-com.

KathW26

The OBD-II port is in the drivers footwell, somewhere in the top right corner area iirc from when the AA man plugged his laptop into my car, behind a removeable panel.

Automatic lights are an optional extra which needs a sensor which is mounted in/on the dashboard and as such can't be activated via vag-com.

Thanks for this - i shall have another look - spent over an hour last night trying to find it and i couldn't see it anywhere.

p0lt3rg31st

Can any one post pictures with the exact location of the OBD? Couldn't figure out where it is either

KathW26

I still can't find the location for the OBD port so if anyone does know pictures would be a real help....

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Yeah, can see your point, though it's only been asked once (?) and i would've thought this sub-section would be best saved for "definitive answer" type posts rather than questions? [/2penneth]

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
To the right of the steering wheel, underneath the light switch there's a recess
04032010028.jpg

Put your hand in and give it a gentle but firm pull,

a piece that looks like this will come out.
04032010027.jpg

there're your fuses and the OBD-II port (purple thing, top right)
04032010026.jpg

p0lt3rg31st

Hey thanks for the info! It was really helpful.
Although when I opened mine something fell out of it, it doesn't seem like anything critical, but its not nice when "useless" parts start falling off the car :pi already threw away few things that i thought were useless.. last thing i want is to find out that my steering wheel is detached wile im driving down the highway :p

any ideas where this came from?

img7.imageshack.us /img7/4733/20100304212.jpg

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
that's the fuse holder/remover tool. it came from somewhere in there, didn't see mine when i opened my fusebox up, hope i've got one.
it's not important per se, but it is very useful when you need to change fuses

StewartWaudby

Jan 21, 2010
There's a little slot on the back of the panel you removed to clip the fuse remover into, I know as mine had dropped out and was rattling in there.

KathW26

Night Flight - thank you very much for the photos - they really helped, have plugged the cable in now - however it said it didn't have enough information on long coding to be able to tell me what was what so as yet haven't been able to activate anything else.

But thanks again for the photos.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.