Random1989's Mk4 Ibiza FR

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
Hi there everyone just thought i'd start a readers ride thread going as i've only had the car two weeks and bought some stuff already. This is my first proper car really started out with a ibiza cls 1.4 that had 100k when i bought it i got it upto 130k before having to kill it then just been plodding around in a 206 1.1 (yeah you know thats power) finally got a my lovely Seat ibiza Mk4 1.8T.
The first day i got her brought her home and give her a good wash at my mates house.

picture.php

Last weekend got engine management light on dash and car sounded like it kept going on to 3 cylinders, thinking what have i got myself into ! Took it to a friend of a friend who had a Snap-on computer tester like a VAG.COM but universal, cylinder 2 coil pack failure so switched 2 and 3 around abit of wd40 and never had a problem since but got a new one in the glovebox waiting on stand by.

Took off my rear disc's and calipers a couple days ago and the disc's are facked not having that rubbish on my car, got some Apec disc's and some new OMP sports pads just need to get my cousin to work his magic on the disc's (pictures will be posted after this weekend)

When i bought the car it came with full service history but as thats just a stamp in a book and i dont know the details i've ended up buying some Denso iridium power sparky's, fitted a cupra airbox lastnyt and ordered a new K&N filter for it.(BTW got a twin cone BMC filter for sale)

Going to the local stealer tonight to order Strut braces and a cupra inlet adapter and maybe some new FR badgers as my mate keeps annoying me to get some (mine have got abit pale)

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
Today went to the local stealer to pick up my cupra inlet, Fr badge and my Front Strut Brace all except the FR badge is fitted.

DSC02045.jpg

AS the old rear disc's were well see for yourself:

DSC02052.jpg

DSC02053.jpg

And these are my brand new ones that have been modified:

DSC02048.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

What do you think new ones might be a little better maybe ?

And fitted to the car:

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

Going to try get the fronts done next weekend :)

Think the frotn will look better as there bigger and will be able to see them when the wheels on lol

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
limp mode all sorted it was some sparkplugs IK20's the gap size is wrong got an email from denso admitting this.

Got a new bumper off ebay just needs spraying as its red at the mo.

My brakes seemed to have got worse think the fluids knackered come on pay day then i can get some new motul 600 might sneak in some new pads aswell hehe

Random1989

FR MAD
Feb 9, 2010
cleckheaton
Bought a milltek Turbo back off a member so been polishing that up after work today looks well mint now, i know it's only going under the car but still had to be done :D
i think you know which pics are before and after.

_DSC0050-1.jpg

_DSC0049-1.jpg

DSC02497.jpg

DSC02498.jpg

DSC02502.jpg

DSC02500.jpg