Prezf -MK2 Leon - Carbon Engine Cover Fitted **PICS**

Feb 26, 2009
London
Hi guys (and girls),

I've seen a lot of nice cars up here and thought I'll put my boy up as well.

I'm not gonna bother you with the story of the car (it's quite interesting though).

Let's get down to business :clap:

MODS:

Engine:

- 2.0T Engine Conversion - came out of 2008 MK5 Golf GTI, only 100 miles done, complete with 6 speed manual box :funk:
- XS Power FMIC
- Blow Off Valve
- THS FR3 Engine and Gearbox Mounts Kit (still torque mount to fit)
- BDM Intake Kit
- Autotech Fuel Pump Internals and Updated Cam Follower
Brakes:

- Brembo Big Brake Kit - 4 pot calipers, 330mm discs, same kit as Seat sells (just got it half their price), part number 1P0071450

Suspension:

- Koni Coilovers - fully adjustable from 0 to 65mm back and 0 to 60mm front

Exterior:
- Ibherdesign Kondor Bodykit
- Aftermarket Roof Spoiler
- Lambo Doors :D (stupid mod, regret had done but... there you go)
- Hella Rear Lights

Wheels:

- 19'' Finichi Firenze Wheels with Toyo T-1R Tires

Exhaust:

- Remus Back Box (will get full system eventually but need to get some funds first :) )
- BlueFLame Downpipe with 100 Cell Sport Cat (still to be fitted)

Other:

- Some small bits and pieces like chrome mirror covers, sparco carbon pedal covers
- HID kit (8000k)
- Matt black roof, bonnet and grill respray

ICE:

- Pioneer AVH P4100DVD headunint
- Pioneer TS-E1702is component speakers

Looking forward to you opinions.

P.S. Need to warn you it's probably not in everyones taste :p

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2009
London
Car the day I bought it :)

wf56ocr_1.jpg

Feb 26, 2009
London
I'll try to get some after next weekend. I didn't do any before I left the car with the mechanics, but it looks very different to the original :d

Lee Edgecombe

Photoshop ;)
Mar 16, 2009
South Wales
Sounds prity cool accept for lambo doors :confused: lol be interesting to see the out come. Where did u get the brembo brakes from for half price? ive been looking to get some for my car.

Feb 26, 2009
London
I know, that stupid lambo door :( but It's too much of a hustle to get it back to normal... I bought the brakes on ebay. Brand new, ex vw garage was selling them. I paid £700 :) I've seen some for around £1100 so it's still cheaper then Seat sells for

Last edited:

Lee Edgecombe

Photoshop ;)
Mar 16, 2009
South Wales
ye i know i can get them for £1250. But wouldnt mind getting them cheaper lol are the lambo doors the ones that only open upwards or do the open like a normal door as well? Cause then that wouldnt be so bad :)

Feb 26, 2009
London
No, they open upwords, actually first slightly to the side like normal but only for like 10 cm, then up. It was pretty cool when I done it 2 years ago but now it's a bit of a pain.

Anyway got the picture of the brakes:

IMG_2486.jpg

And that's the turbo kit:

IMG_2488a.jpg

Feb 26, 2009
London
maybe because intercooler is big as well :D have a look at this pic. I don't know that mush about turbos but was told it's good for 500 BHP

IMG_2489a.jpg

Feb 26, 2009
London
Collected my car this morning after owner of a company that was supposed to fit new engine called me on Thursday and said they pulled out of doing the job :((( They had my car for over a month and just decided to tell this on Thursday. I'm now looking for someone to take on that job and fit the conversion.. I strongly started to consider advice given me by a number of people on this forum, sell the car on and buy Cupra or FR. It's hard decision but maybe it wasn't ment to be. I hope to make a decision by the end of next week.

I'LL POST SOME PICS OF THE PRESENT LOOK OF THE CAR TOMORROW AFTER I CLEAN IT UP A BIT.

Feb 26, 2009
London
Here's few pics I made yesterday.

DSC_0011a.jpg

DSC_0017a.jpg

DSC_0022a.jpg

DSC_0028a.jpg

Like I mentioned at the begining not to everyones taste but I love him :)

Bumpers need respraying but I direct all my money towards conversion now so it has to wait...
I'll try to get some pics of interior but not much done there, just headunit and some small bits really.

Let me know what you think :)

Feb 26, 2009
London
That's the pic of most of parts for conversion. Sorry for quality, done it my mobile. I'll get pic of engine later today.

IMAG0123.jpg

Still not sure if I get it fitted though :(

Feb 26, 2009
London
In avatar is JE DESIGN the one I got is Ibherdesign need to get bumpers fixed but if I won't do conversion I probably sell the car so everything's on hold now...

Feb 26, 2009
London
Well, I still hope I can do the conversion but evewhere I go it's just so expensive. IF I sell I would look either for Cupra or something bigger as I'm expecting a baby in 3 months :)

Feb 26, 2009
London
yeah it should be fine, but I don't know if I get same car again. It would be to many memories of my old leon... Thought about audi A4 avant 2.0T but I really hope I can convince the mrs to let me do this conversion

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members