K1 Update

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
Well after owning the car for just over 3 months I've started the modding!!

So far I've done:

LED Sidelights
Eibach Sportlines
Debadged rear
Miltek Non-Res Cat Back
19" RS6 in Gloss Black with Candy Lip

Pics:

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

Re-Map and Downpipe/Hi Flow cat will be happening when warranty has expired. The stereo will be done too so long as I can keep the Bluetooth and steering wheel controls!

A few other little touches will happen along the way too so I'll try and keep this thread updated!

Comments and criticism welcomed!

Cheers

Nobber

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
I would cover that plate if i were you, there are some dodgy characters that may want to try and clone, just a suggestion mate. Im not sure about the wheels either but its good that someone has got a bit of different taste for a change

Lee M

Looks really nice mate, it's difficult to resist the modding bug!! :)

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
looking good nobber just a bit undecided on the wheels but they probably look better for real.

Thanks mate! I was sceptical at first and still am slightly but in all honesty, in the flesh they do look lovely!

I would cover that plate if i were you, there are some dodgy characters that may want to try and clone, just a suggestion mate. Im not sure about the wheels either but its good that someone has got a bit of different taste for a change

Cheers buddy! I wanted to try and be different and I had these sitting around so thought i'd give it a go.

Car looks nice mate, not sure about the painted rim tho :shrug:

Is the non res exhaust loud ?

Thanks fella! Non res is very loud but I like it in all honesty! Other members of my family don't though so I'm thinking of putting the res pipe in there to reduce the moaning!

Looks really nice mate, it's difficult to resist the modding bug!! :)

Cheers Lee!

Any advice on led sidelights. Can they be used with DRL's? Looks wicked by the way!

Thanks Chris. I got the LED sidelights from the link that was posted on the massive thread about the Non CAN bus warning LED sidelights. I'm sure the thread is still raging on somewhere!

Cheers

Nobber

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
Small update:

Custom Code Remap
Turbo Down Pipe
Cat replacement Pipe
ITG Maxogen Air Intake
Seat Silencer put back in!

On my desk to install:

RS4 Injectors
HPFP
I.C.E
Tweek to the Custom Code

Cheers

Nobber

Nick G

Awesome! Looks great, i would love to see what it would look like with the wheels being Gunmetal, or even white all over??

I just think Black disappears too much if that makes sense... you lose the shape of the wheel?

I had RS6's on my Golf a few years back in the RS6+ colour and thought they looked good:

ejaeed.jpg

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
Cheers buddy, it's certainly getting there!

They were silver at one point and I don't think the gunmetal would work with the white/black car.

I'm not a big fan of black wheels but they just work (when they are clean!!) against the White.

I am looking to change them soon though, bored of them now!!!

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
I've got a missmatch. Turbo down pipe with cat replacement pipe, connects into Seat silencer box that then connects to miltek back box.

The sound is spot on for me as it's loud when I want it to be but doesn't droan through the cabin like the resonated one does.

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
Mark - I'd ask yourself these questions before you go non-resonated:

1) Are you married/with someone?
2) Do you have people in the back of your car often?
3) Do you have a dog that travels in the boot?

If the answer is yes to them then I'd advise against the non-res as it's very boomy through the cabin. If your misses likes cars/modding then she might like it!

Cheers

Nobber

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Mark - I'd ask yourself these questions before you go non-resonated:

1) Are you married/with someone?
2) Do you have people in the back of your car often?
3) Do you have a dog that travels in the boot?

If the answer is yes to them then I'd advise against the non-res as it's very boomy through the cabin. If your misses likes cars/modding then she might like it!

Cheers Nobber
Only quibble I would have is the order in which you put them !!!

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
nice nice :) I agree with the exhaust sometimes I just want it silent/standard - gets a bit much when you have passengers but I don't mind it at all when im on my own. my exhaust doesn't boom that much thankfully if anything i hear more of my intake at low revs (doh)

Nobber

3rd times a charm!
Jul 25, 2001
Newbury
I didn't mind the noise on my own too, but have a wife, 2 step kids and a 2yr old Yellow Lab who didn't appreciate the noise that resonates through the cabin. I even dynamatted the 'ventilation' holes that are in the rear bumper/boot floor area to try and combat it, but it still droaned.

The current setup I have works for me, but if I was single....it'd be full on noise!

Do you have the ITG intake Dave?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.