Pollen Filter change

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
I was told by my local seat dealer that a pollen filter change is an option,

Anyone know where it is and how hard it is to change, I think its behind the glove box,

Any ideas

Cheers

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Very easy job to do should be done at every 20k miles. Under the glovebox (lid closed) in the passanger footwell, you will see a couple of vents/pipes coming out of the dash, beside this is a plastic cover slide it to the left and remove it, then you will see the white pollen filter simply pull it out and slide in the new one.

Then refit the cover and your done.

phantombantam

NUFC forever!
Jan 23, 2006
Co Durham
Mines an 07 reg and i had to take off the whole cover (3 torx head screws and 3 that could be turned out by hand) then slide off the small cover to drop out the pollen filter. Can safely say that the dealer did not change it on its final service before warranty was out as it was filthy.

Will TDI

Oct 21, 2011
Hi mines a 56 mod just slid it to the left and pollen filter droped out no probs

Traction

Nov 4, 2011
yes, its definitely an easy change.

if you can, go for a carbon pollen filter.

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
changed mine this morning was bloody black compared to my new 1 lol and i had to hoover up after
i just removed 4 screws under the glove box and at the back slid the black plastic runner sideways and pulled it down

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Changed mine today was minging (Dirty),and was changed last year as well,Thought they never changed it, it was so black but a manufacture date of 12 was on it,I reckon they should be changed every year I only did 10000 miles last year.
3 torx to remove below GB cover then slide and out.

Last edited:

Deleted member 74601

Does the pollen filter have anything to do with the cabin fans/ventilation?

Yeah, it filters the air coming into the cabin to try and remove shitty smells and also any bits such as leaves twigs etc.

Dan L

Guys sorry to bump an old thread,
I have just tried to fit a new pollen filter and I can't get it to fit!
It's the same shape as the old one but non genuine, anyone had this issue? It seems very slightly thicker?

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
Guys sorry to bump an old thread,
I have just tried to fit a new pollen filter and I can't get it to fit!
It's the same shape as the old one but non genuine, anyone had this issue? It seems very slightly thicker?

I fitted a new pollen filter 2 weeks ago, I bought a Hengst filter (carbon activated) and the size is pretty much the same as the genuine VAG filter, the filter is just slightly thicker. It took a bit of persuasion to fit due to the angle of the footwell/filter housing.

What brand did you buy? Do you have a model number?

Last edited:

Wimbledonian

Aug 31, 2010
milling around
You can get the activated charcoal version to remove odours and 'harmful substances' as well as particulates. Proper part no is 1K1819653A or 1K2819653A or 1K2819653B.

Dan L

Thanks guys! Needed a good wiggle!
Nipped out at lunch time and gave it another go and went in ok after abit of persuasion!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.