Towbar LCR

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
I know its been asked loads before and the LCR aint recommended for towing. But im needing a towbar to pull a bike trailer. Does anyone have a pic of an LCR with one? I know theirs one going about i just cant find it

Cheers Mark

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
. I have a type approved car, but no train weight is shown on the VIN plate, may I still tow with it?

If the manufacturer has not authorised the towing of a trailer by declaration during the type approval process, no train weight will be shown and it is not permitted to fit a coupling device or tow a trailer.

For example the Ford KA has no declared train weight, and no mounting points for a tow bar. There are a number of other vehicles which do not have a declared train weight and are not able to tow a trailer.

Does the VIN plate show a declared train weight?

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
DSC00459.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

That is how I did mine.

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
It is a witter kit with the quantum upgrade ~£300 all in. Electric socket is mounted to the left of the bar inside the bumper.
My LCR also has a towing weight on the VIN plate!

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
That is the one yes. Make sure that is the whole kit; I bought the crossbar and quantum upgrade separately; but that was over 2 years ago!

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
That is the specific name for the detachable part of the bar. It was originally offered as an upgrade to the fixed towbar kit (which I happened to have fitted to my previous Leon).

luke_h

Aug 2, 2009
i just fitted a Brink one to my lcr on sat works awsome the only diffrence i can see to the one danny fitted is i had to make the cut in the bumper about 1 inch higher looks the same tho

mine was £125

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
It is a witter kit with the quantum upgrade ~£300 all in. Electric socket is mounted to the left of the bar inside the bumper.
My LCR also has a towing weight on the VIN plate!

The declared towing weight is that the 930kg or 980kg?

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
VIN No (This is sometimes called the chassis number and it is unique to that specific vehicle)

XXXX KG (The maximum vehicle weight, e.g. the total weight, it does not include any trailer weight)

XXXX KG (The maximum train weight, vehicle plus trailer)

XXXX KG (maximum load front axle)
XXXX KG (maximum load rear axle)

That is how the VIN plate should look.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members