Chris' (worzel) Black LCR - BT Build

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
Hi guys and gals, I bought my '04 LCR in Dec last year, which is when I joined SCN. Wow! there are some quality motors on here, and now I'm officially addicted to modding.

As far as I know my LCR has the following:

007p DV (but an old model so will get a new one)
Full SS Magnex exhaust
Lowered (springs only but don't know by how much)
Revo stg 2 (supposedly 270bhp / 290lb/ft but no proof yet!)
Rear Aero Wiper

Things I've done/doing

Jetex cone filter (with Forge silicon coupler to move cone closer to the wing)
Forge TIP (on its way, tomorrow hopefully)
19" Rims with 235/35 Falken 452s all round.

Heres a couple of pics
picture.php

picture.php

I have to say, I have had numerous Golf GTI's 8v and 16v's and my last car was an Mazda RX8..the LCR is awsome..love it...unitl the next toy comes along:D Comments please, be nice but honest!

Last edited:

filbro

Jun 23, 2008
Derbyshire
You have a rear wiper mod too !
Those rims look really good! Have you put some good wheel sealant on the alloys so the sea air does not attack em too badly!!

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
You have a rear wiper mod too !
Those rims look really good! Have you put some good wheel sealant on the alloys so the sea air does not attack em too badly!!

I did wonder about the wiper, thanks...do expand on this wheel sealant though as this seems like a sensible idea (unless you're just winding me up:lol:)

Lovin the rims, bolted staight on too, no spacers.

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
and thats a areo back wiper
Excellent, another thing I won't have to shell out for. Thanks for the welcome.

Really liking the look of those wheels on the car, nice one!!
Cheers

not a wind up mate. try poorboys wheel sealant or similar, will save you loads of timing cleaning em too :)
Greate thanks for the advice

how does the lcr compare to the rx8??
Lets just say that for a while I had both cars, and just before I sold it I took it for run as it had been sitting idle for couple of months...thought there was something wrong with it then remembered you have to rev to about 5k before you get any power...rear wheel drive was loads of fun though:whistle:

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
Really liking the alloys. Another LCR is Jersey I'm yet to see! Ever since I got one I've only seen one other.

So true and thats the appeal over here, one car becomes popular and everyone jumps on the band wagon, look at the Minis, Golfs, Audis, Boxters even the RX8's (which was my previous car) are everywhere, but the Cupra is a rare breed thankfully. I've seen 2 others including mine, another Black one and a red one...whats yours?

Like it mate, best colour as well ;)

Thanks mate, and agreed re the colour...matter of opinion but it suits the car more than other colours:think:

jcullen88

Mar 15, 2010
Jersey, C.I
Yeah noticed that, was going to go for an S3 but found a LCR which had lower mileage, more power all the mods I wanted and was a hell of a lot cheaper. Mine's red, its been lowered with HID lights and a de-badged boot, only other one I've seen was red and it looked completely standard, will look out for yours now I know its around!

ikhlaq206

Its all about the .:R
Jul 25, 2006
nice car buddy... what has it been lowered on? unless you've mentioned it already and I've not read the thread fully :)

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
Lovely car! You bought the fastest colour too ;) haha
you noticed it too eh!:p

Very nice!
cheers mate:D

nice car buddy... what has it been lowered on? unless you've mentioned it already and I've not read the thread fully :)
TBH I don't know. With the new rims the ride is a little harder than before so going to look into new shocks, any recommendation?

Looking good ok huuuuuuuuuuge!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.