Leon FR TFSI- Using a LOT of oil.

stuvine

Hello all,
I've got an 07 plate Leon 2.0 TFSi FR that i've had for 6 months and i'm a bit worried. I got the car serviced when I 1st bought it and then checked the oil 3 months later and not a drop in it!
So took the car to Seat and they filled it up, now another 3 months down the line and not a drop of oil in the car again!
The car is kept on my drive and no sign of any leaks, but surely this car shouldn't be going through oil this quickly!!
And before anyone asks, I don't drive it like a loon(well not all of the time!)
Anyone any ideas??
Cheers
Stu

stuvine

Car has probably done about 5,000-6,000 miles since I got it, so 2500-3000miles since it was last full.
Stu

Hi Stu. for comparisson I seem to be constantly putting the stuff in my tfsi dsg. Came with full oil from new and after 15,000 miles of owenership I've put in about 10 litres. I know the engine does use a lot of oil but how many miles does a litre last to you think? I'd say I'm getting about 1,500 miles a litre or there abouts? Forgot what the oil capacity is but I'd say I i use up a full oil tank in 5-6k

Noel<>leoN

Oct 5, 2007
Mine guzzles oil too... probably time I checked again.

Probably not as much as Knight rider, probably a litre of oil does me 2-3k miles.

The manual says that it might get through a lot of oil, so it is probably a known "issue".

Not too much a of a problem so long as you check and fill up often enough.

stuvine

Hi Stu. for comparisson I seem to be constantly putting the stuff in my tfsi dsg. Came with full oil from new and after 15,000 miles of owenership I've put in about 10 litres. I know the engine does use a lot of oil but how many miles does a litre last to you think? I'd say I'm getting about 1,500 miles a litre or there abouts? Forgot what the oil capacity is but I'd say I i use up a full oil tank in 5-6k

Sounds very similar, i've been looking on VW forums and it seems the TT's and golf's with 2.0 TFSi motors in have exactly the same problem.
Not great in my opinion!
Stu

stuvine

[:@]
Mine guzzles oil too... probably time I checked again.

Probably not as much as Knight rider, probably a litre of oil does me 2-3k miles.

The manual says that it might get through a lot of oil, so it is probably a known "issue".

Not too much a of a problem so long as you check and fill up often enough.

If i'd wanted a car I had to constantly fill up with oil i'd have bought a Mazda RX-8!!!![:@]:wtf:

Stu

leon263

Jan 12, 2008
I've been running a Leon TFSi for 41/2 years now and it goes through a litre every 1000 miles like clockwork so yours isn't too bad.

bigsteve_FR

im using about 1ltr every 1000-1500k, i thought this was extreme so went to my local dealer who said this is normal for the TFSi engine, i use Castrol 5w 30 @ £17 for 1ltr butif you check ebay you can get it for alot less :D

i did go into halfrauds the other day and he said to me i would need 5w30 but i would need the audi /vw oil?:confused:

what is special about that oil is it different in any way?

It just meets the quality levels that vw/audi engines were designed to utilise. Forgot what the code was the oil should comply with but the quantum and the castrol edge are the types used by dealers on the whole

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.