MY red mk3 ibiza cupra...

john-d

God
May 29, 2010
Washington, Tyne and Wear
Well been dying to get a project going...

Heres the car from the piston heads advert
1723388-1.jpg

1723388-2.jpg

She is on 50k miles and a pretty tidy on the outside, needs a few bits and bobs sorting but no rush, the inside is a ****ing disgrace but meh i got a good deal. The only mods are a k and n, cat back exhaust and supersport coilovers and some hids

P5300013.jpg

P5300015.jpg

P5300016.jpg

P5300017.jpg

P5300018.jpg

P5300019.jpg

P5300020.jpg

First port of call was to fit a new driver side grab handle on the roof as it had been ripped off, then to replace the mirror in the sun visor which was cracked. i then painted the calipers, wound the coilies down a bit and put my gfs team dynamics alloys on as i hate the cupra 1s. had a busy weekend and gave her a quick clean and steam cleaned the seats as they where stained :whistle:

also de-wipered (still need a gromit) and de-badged and sorted out some bodge jobs.

i am waiting on some bits, leon cupra splitter, maroon camo fabric for head lining (its a mess) and some new mats.

going to see about getting the plastics colour coded tomorow and the grills will be done gloss black along with splitter and scuttle panel.

keep your eyes peeled for updates........ opinions welcome

daves ibiza

hey mate welcome the car is a stunner and paints good considering its red . nice ride mate

john-d

God
May 29, 2010
quick update, today the lcr splitter arrived aswell as some new mats and the camo for the roof lining.

went to see my mate aswell who manages a honda dealer bodyshop, been qouted 200 notes for the following:

repair and paint crease in qaurter above rear drivers side window

paint insides of the wings under the bonnet as the previous owner had a bra and its rubbed down to primer in places

colour code front and rear bump strips

repair and paint cracked jacking cover

paint the roof gloss black

paint lcr splitter gloss black

paint the wing mirrrs including bases gloss black

paint the front grills and scuttle panel gloss black

i think its an awesome price, also noticed the passenger side coilover isnt at the same height as the drivers so will adjust that at the weekend. also fitted some aero wipers of ebay.... pics of headlining at weekend unless i **** it up, material doesnt seem stretchy to me so dont know how that will go

john-d

God
May 29, 2010
bit of a quick update, spent a few hours today stripping the car for paint, fitting the leon splitter then removing it for paint, winding the rear coilys down.... sorry no pics. big update on the 16th, eyes peeled

Ollyb1989

have you just bought this off pistonheads? because the adverts still up lol

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
nice looking car you got there and sounds like you saved it in the nick of time. some chav lad had it did he?? they ought to stick to there vauxhall astra`s and nova`s rather than atempt something on a proper car!! anyway, put some pic`s of that roof lining when its done. sounds interesting!

john-d

God
May 29, 2010
heres a list of some his botch jobs:

fitting the new wheels noticed none of the wheel bolts where tightened properly, 1 was even loose in the centre cap - now done properly

the drivers sun visor mirror broken - replaced

sungases holder snapped off - replaced with handle

tailgate trim most clips ****ed - clicked on best i can for now

side plastics on seats are missing - need to find some

burns in carpet and headlining - hidden by mats and hopefully getting re-covered

centra vents 3 lats - need to find some

k and n not fitted securly and not sealed - re fitted

snapped jacking cover - getting repaired

fogs not even plugged in - fixed

hid ballasts just dangleing - secured

sure i will find more as i go but meh...

camo headling seems a no go, material that i ordered isnt really stretchy enough. time for a re think :whistle:

john-d

God
May 29, 2010
Looks nice, wheels suit it, I love these in red, that's why I sprayed mine red at first, definetly go black roof, I can stick some pictures up of mine if you want with a black roof.

I thought yours was silver because I saw a silver one i had never seen before few weeks ago outside Nisa.

lol i stole the wheels of the gfs yaris as a temp measure, if i keep them then i will have them refurbed in a gunmetal colour. i seen the pics in your build mate, i was already going to have a black roof but not cant decided if the spoiler would be better black or red lmao

it was probably mawdsley you seen outside nisa, too add your sister lives in my street and i went to school with dan snelling [B)]

john-d

God
May 29, 2010
ok big update, some shite pics better to come at weekend but the camera was dying and daylight fading....

mods today..

custom rear strut brace - no pics sorry
lcr splitter - gloss black
fronts grilles - gloss black
roof - gloss black
scuttle and mirrors - gloss black
bumper trims - colour code
repair to qaurter
front bumper respray

220 notes in total

P6150008.jpg

P6150007.jpg