White FR to Black Cupra - Cupra Now Sold :(

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Last Friday i sold my pride and joy to another member off here, even after driving 470 miles 6 days previous to go pick up the new BBS wheels:lol:

Last pictures i had taken of the car by my mate before we parted ways can be seen towards the end of my old thread and beginning of the new owners thread. Going to miss that car, really was a looker.

As we did the deal my mate showed up ready to give me a lift and just after alex left we set off on a nice short 55 mile journey to go and see a completely standard nice low mileage 54 plate mk4 ibiza cupra. The car had 2 previous owners, extensive fsh and seemed perfect condition except one mark on the drivers door. Was pretty much a done deal as soon as i saw the car!

As soon as i got back home i fitted my Apr r1 re-circ valve that i recieved in the post that day:

b21577b1.jpg

Saturday afternoon after work and i borrowed a jack and impact gun so fitted som h&r 20mm spacers:

93a36967.jpg

Fitted some 6k Hids:

d0072116.jpg

Took the sound deadening off the underside of the bonnet:

b3afea48.jpg

Fitted a c2 Ariel:

8a832ac4.jpg

Then Monday night i took off my grill surround and 's' badge for my dad to spray whilst he got 5 minutes at work. Got that back tonight and he's done an awesome job:

39109d52.jpg

Car as it stands as of about 30 minutes ago:

2252a5e3.jpg

a21a249d.jpg

Oh and de-wipered the rear Monday night.

On order:

Milltek turbo-back decat, resonated center section with rs4 exhaust tip to suit cupra bumper
Weitec Coilovers
Forge turbo intake pipe
New suspension top mounts
4 new coil packs ready for mapping
K&N Induction Kit

Sorry for poor pictures, just off my iphone quickly

Scott

Last edited:
May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
My old Porsche ones would have fitted no problem but im not doing the whole pcd adapter thing again, proper pain in the arse! Plus i sold the adapters today haha

Probably just keeping the standard wheels and refurbing them a nice bright glossy silver next time i need some tyres. If i ever get new wheels they will be some motorsport type wheels like compo mo's. Always loved them!

Cheers for the kind words, just cant wait until its all mapped with the mods etc hopefully will be abit of an animal!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Read Damoegan's RR thread. He is the man when it comes to modding the 20vt lump!

Been following it for a good year or so, got a fair idea where to start, all the main bits should be done by end of the month then ill just add more and more little bits as and when :D

Finally :D good looking car bud cant wait to see what you do with this one

Cheers mate, yeh its taken me awhile, probably as im ashamed with the ride height :lol:

aaa good man bout time this made an apperence. does look good and i see you wasted no time on the mods :lol: so how long before your stage 2??

:p no point wasting time eh! Exhaust is going to take until the end of the month to make and be delivered so early next month it should be getting mapped, cant wait!

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
The ride height on the ibizas are shocking to say the least they sit so high! Should be a safety hazard coming out the factory that high so much roll :lol:

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
The ride height on the ibizas are shocking to say the least they sit so high! Should be a safety hazard coming out the factory that high so much roll :lol:

Pretty impressed with the handling though to be fair, not sure how its so good, doesnt feel all that far off what my old one was really except it rolls more (allot more) Its good not catching roadkill with the under-tray any more though :lol:

Brilliant mate! Looking forward to seeing this progress!

Cheers Will, hopefully over the coming weeks there should be plenty to add into the thread!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Hopefully end of next week or so, actually cant wait! and yep without a doubt :lol: the adjusters wont even get to come out of the box! Maybe 2 threads higher or so on the front though due to the wider tyres on these.

wigz45

Mk5 Cupra!
Sep 28, 2009
Darlington
Black, awful colour if someone was to take a nice key down the side of it :whistle: hahaha.

Very nice I shall keep my eyes open if your ever in the neighbourhood!

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
20VT club is the one to be in like Scott :) And i trust that you will make the right decisions and make a very nice example of a cupra!

Looking forward to a good catch up when t.i.p goes on like!! Got some purple haze dodo juice wax aswell, will give that a whirl, it is immense stuff!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Eventualy joined the 20VT club :thumbup:

Haha yep, at last! Loving it so far and not too bad on fuel really! Just need all this stuff to arrive!

20VT club is the one to be in like Scott :) And i trust that you will make the right decisions and make a very nice example of a cupra!

Looking forward to a good catch up when t.i.p goes on like!! Got some purple haze dodo juice wax aswell, will give that a whirl, it is immense stuff!

Yeh I'm looking forward to it mate! It seems quite well waxed for a standard car that hasn't been enthusiast owned, been really well looked after mind!

Need to get back into detailing abit, don't really have te time any more though it seems!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.