Alana Removal Guide

Lucio Bravo

Seat Soldier
Mar 12, 2010
Looking to remove the factory head unit (Alana - IC Mk4) and replace it with an aftermarket one, can anyone advise how to remove the Stock unit?

also looking to run a power cable for the amplifier, wheres the easiest place to get the cable from the battery through the firewall?

Thanks in advance

Lui

Looking to remove the factory head unit (Alana - IC Mk4) and replace it with an aftermarket one, can anyone advise how to remove the Stock unit?

also looking to run a power cable for the amplifier, wheres the easiest place to get the cable from the battery through the firewall?

Thanks in advance

Theres 2 slots on the front of the radio beneath the '1' and 'Scan' buttons, you need to slide the release keys in there and it pops out easily.

Relese keys can be bought in halfords, but I just used the ones that came with the aftermarket radio.

As for the power cable I'm not sure sorry, can you follow any other cables through?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Theres 2 slots on the front of the radio beneath the '1' and 'Scan' buttons, you need to slide the release keys in there and it pops out easily.

Relese keys can be bought in halfords, but I just used the ones that came with the aftermarket radio.

As for the power cable I'm not sure sorry, can you follow any other cables through?

Just find an old credit card or gift card - cut two strips the same width as the slots in the head unit and use them instead of buying special keys.

And make sure you have the code BEFORE you remove it.

Jordanwaterhous

Motorsport > Scene
Sep 15, 2009
Leeds
www.facebook.com

Thanks in advance

Ive got a sub in my boot too, i couldnt find anywhere to get the power cable through so i ran it behind the front left pannel and it pops out and is visible when you open the passenger door.

Not the tidiest job ive ever done but i literally could not find a single place to put the wire through!

Hope this helps

lgsnoddy

May 18, 2010
conisbrough, doncaster
if you look to the top right of the bonnet you can see a little grommet, remove this and pop the wire through here (my wire doesnt go thru because i missed this hole at first) :lol:
100_0653.jpg

then if you lift the seal off the catch tray and pull it up a bit, you can see another gromet, remove this and then feed the wire through there, there should be enough room for you to do it without removing the hwhole tray
100_0657.jpg

then go to the inside of the car and remove the pannel at the side of the air vent, and stick ur arm in and have a rummage round and ul find the wire eventually, i think theres some rubber or something u may have to peel back from the fire wall.
100_0658.jpg

Last edited:

ben3486

Aug 2, 2010
Norfolk
Ive just taken my alpine out of my old car and put it in the cupra. was a pretty easy job and i even managed to get my ipod cable into the glove box :D

As for the keys to remove the standard head unit i went into halfrauds and asked the guy which keys i needed. he wasnt sure but gave me a set which he said will do most cars. He then told me to go and try them in my car to see if they worked hahaha. Very trusting and very stupid. I went out and tried it, popped the headunit out and then went back in and told they guy they didnt work. Saved me the fiver to buy them and i got my headunit popped haha

As for the code for the factory headunit, why do you need to get the code befor you remove it? surely its like VW where u just ring up and get the code from the reg plate?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
As for the code for the factory headunit, why do you need to get the code befor you remove it? surely its like VW where u just ring up and get the code from the reg plate?

Most Seat stealers have a nice habit of charging around £30 to get you the code !!

Much easier to make sure you have it before you take the unit out.

ben3486

Aug 2, 2010
Norfolk
I see. from what the previous post were saying i thought maybe you could get it from the headunit it self when its turned on or some thing lol...ah well the alpines in now so no need to worry about it for a while lol. Just still cant believe the halfords guy haha....result though

Lucio Bravo

Seat Soldier
Mar 12, 2010
Thanks for all the info gents, managed to get that bad boy outta there and teh new HU is in along with the ipod cable tucked away outta sight.