Klone's AUQ Cupra

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
Hi all,

had the car for a week now and finally got some pictures of it!

Have a look, then il run through the specs (if the pictures dont cover them)

1283619399.jpg

Mood Shot showing height (30mm Down) wheels and splitter

1283619454.jpg

Shot showing splitter mainly

1283619508.jpg

Audi TT Front Brakes

1283619622.jpg

Rear Shot

The car has a few blemishes in the bodywork (mainly the scuff and stone chips that are rusting but i will deal with them post haste :)

Spec list:

2002 94k Full Service history

Audi 18" RS6 Wheels
Fully adjustable FK Highsports coilovers - down 30mm front and rear
Audi TT 312mm Front brakes
Remap to 210bhp
Milltek Cat back system
Cupra R Splitter
Forge DV
Window Tints

Plans:

I will try and strike these through as i do them.

Refurb Alloys Black
Paint Calipers Red
Tidy up bodywork
Red Engine Hoses
Carbon Engine Cover
HIDs + white bulbs elsewhere
CAI
DV relocation
Strut Braces

and various other little bits like the W8 interior light etc.

Just want to make the car up to MINT standards then start modifying a bit more... most of the work i would have liked to do has been already!

Views welcome, and even little hints and tips for mods i may have missed!

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
Managed to get myself a set of mk1 leon mats the other day... £30 and they were the last set they had on the shelf! :)

The colchester Seat are VERY nice, offered to match any cambelt kit price i could find... and take a hit on labour aswel :)

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
cheers dude... was getting worried no-one liked it... your the first reply!

Got the rear to do, and then the centre console!

front and rear "S" will be redone soon as the red was rushed and has since gone terrible..

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
Small update from me, nothing major.

All handles now Carbon'd, along with the glovebox handle.

Did the door seal fix today, and fitted my new LED sightlights. Waiting for rain to see if my car stays dry.

The LED bulbs are great, wrong colour. Orange tinge... which is NOT what i asked for :(

So im on the scout for LED sightlights again to match my 6k HIDs when they get here..

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
HIDs arrived - Happy and Unhappy at the same time.

morning chaps,

My Hids turned up yesterday, and i was like a little kiddie heading home to the post office, only to be greated with an £11 fine!

Turns out that Diane Shop on ebay must have messed up, as i had £11 customs charge to pay:(

Needless to say i paid it, but i will try and get the money back... but that brings the total for 6k H7 hids to £40... so i cant argue to much.

They are the normal size ballast, as there are plenty of places to hide them, but christ! are they huge... always gone for slims in the past... and now i know why lol.

Just a warning really, that you may well want to factor in £11 custom charge if you order from diane shop, or consider paying for EMS shipping rather than the cheaper one.

Final thing from me, is there any templates on drilling the head light cover? as my bmw was simple... stick the hole right in the middle whereas the leon's is different.

Hopefully get them in today or tomorrow at work :D

Cheers!

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
Just orderd my HID's up from flea bay, UK company (apparently lol!), 2yr warranty, slim tiny ballasts, and on offer this month! bulbs are in ceramic & metal bases - not usual cheap plastic (did that on my old car, eugh!) and some led side lights - so now im gona go LED crazy and replace all festoons inside car (plus the two round ones), in the doors, boot and number plate :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members