Chris_a_73's Ibiza Reader's Ride!

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Hey guys, been around here for a while but guess it's finally time to create a 'Reader's Ride' thread [B)]

It's a 2007 1.2L Ibiza Sport Reference, and was is pretty good condition when first bought.

I bought the car October last year and it was just like this;

DSC07343.jpg

DSC07351.jpg

DSC07346.jpg

Ever since I first got my beeza, I've been playing with ideas on how to improve it. I initially loved the stealth look and photoshopped this (really sorry for my awful photoshopping) :redface::redface:

Cupra_edit.jpg

I haven't particularly done many mods to the car, but I believe the little bits and pieces really change the appearance. I've currently done the following;

FR Grilles
LCR Splitter
Cupra R Badges (don't hate, I just think they look good :rolleyes: )
Shortened Richbrook Aerial
Aluminium vent surround rings
Cupra Handbrake gaitor
Cupra Alloys
Aluminium tax disc holder
New alloy centre caps
Colour coded alloy bolt covers
Blindspot mirrors
Wind deflectors (removed as I think they look gash)
New wiper blades 2 front 1 rear
5000k 35W HIDs
Red Cupra vent clips
Audi TT aluminium pedals
Chrome gear surround
White (blue tinge) LED sidelights
Interior white 24 LED light
Numberplate white LED festoon bulbs
Aluminium clutch rest/dead pedal
Golf Mk4 interior light (1 centre, 2 map lights)
Carbon wrapped mirrors, b-pillars and interior bits
Full detailing kit (machine polisher included).
Flip-key remote

This is how she stands now;

IMG_0820.jpg

file-12.jpg

Last edited:

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Ever since then, I've made no major changes to my baby, apart from just keeping it clean clean clean. Always been loyal to AutoGlym products, and usually use Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner, Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss protection, but recently bought their High Definition Wax and WOW :-o

CLICKITY CLICK

Photo1046.jpg

Photo1045.jpg

SHINY :lol:

Photo1054.jpg

Photo1065.jpg

Hope you guys like it; let me know what you think :clap::clap:

Last edited:

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
T'is about time you sorted yourself out with a RR mate! :)

Looks mint pal, keep up the good work. Paintwork looks gorgeous, another Autoglym fan here...

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Hah, could I be any less aware? :lol:

I've considered altering it, but mods such as modified suspension, backbox, filters etc will add dramatically to my already £2300 premium... A non-standard filter would cost me £179 to put on, and about £200 for a different exhaust >.<

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Yep... Was £1962 on provisional, then £60 or so more when I added new alloys, splitter and interior changes. Then hit £2500 after I passed. Hopefully I'll be receiving my Pass Plus certificate this week, and will have my 1 years NCB in 1 month exactly. Then hopefully it'll reach £2000 or so....

Can't wait to wash it again (hopefully tomorrow), as I'm going to polish twice and put another layer of wax on. Anyone got advice on time separation between layers? I've heard 24 hours, but not sure exactly..

Used 5 hits of Super Resin Polish on the bonnet, and it came out chrome-like in pictures, I guess time to do the rest of the car :D

For washing, does anyone like/dislike the use of pressure washers? I'm considering using it on my alloys, and perhaps investing in snowfoam along with it. I doubt I'll ever use my pressure washer on the car paintwork, in fear of stripping all of the polish and wax with it... :-o

I got my Cupra alloys from a PistonHeads ad (actually from SCN member smokinpower!). Very nice guy and look the dog's bollocks on any Ibiza/Leon :lol:

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Yeah 24 hours is about right in between applying extra layers of wax.

To be honest, I wouldn't wash a car without a pressure washer. I don't use snowfoam, my car never gets dirty enough... I see snowfoam as something that's best for heavily soiled paintwork.

I use the pressure washer on the whole car, although obviously far from it's highest pressure setting. Reason I use them is, like snowfoam does, you have to lift the dirt off the paint before washing (with a mitt) otherwise you're just washing the dirt into the paintwork, giving you swirls.

Insuring cars as a youngster is a killer these days... I know it all too well. :(

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Very true.... I may use it on a low setting when I next wash it. Cheers :lol:

I reckon I'm holding off any more mods for the Ibiza for the time being, as nothing is really catching my eye at the moment. And anything such as coil-overs, tinted windows, filters would make my insurance unmanageable..

If anyone has any suggestions towards small mods that make the car look mint, please tell me! ;)

Last edited:

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Pressure washed it today just to get a light layer of dirt off, and came out great (didn't have enough time to full wash it down with mitt). Limited the pressure to reduce the risk of stripping wax, but still had a very very small amount of dirt on it, which was evident when drying it off (not visible to the eye though).

Still shinier than before so thumbs up! :lol:

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
How would you go about doing this...? After a day I'd manage to have a fine layer of dirt on the paintwork... meaning that I'd have to clean the car AGAIN in order to apply the second layer? :shrug:
You're relying on the weather to an extent, but assuming the car doesn't move particularly much (hence getting caked in muck) in those 24 hours, a quick rinse (not a full wash) with a pressure washer should remove the fine layer of dirt you speak of.

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Sounds like a plan ;)

Do you reckon 2-3 layers is about right? Just hate those dang water marks >.<

I'd love to see a group of all the young'uns 1.2 Ibiza Mk4's together; rather than those slow Cupras hangin around on this forum :lol:

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland