Mk2 Leon FR tdi

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
I've had this for a couple of months now so thought it was about time i put some pictures up.

Since owning it i've made a couple of change. I changed the wheels for a set of 18" Vancouver wheels as found on the Mk6 Golf GT and GTD as an option. I've actually never been too sure about them but they are growning on me. I've also had the car remapped which is great but it is difficult to put the power down at times:no:

I plan to get her lowered in the future but not sure when. I've got a set of wheels for winter which i need to get winter tyres for so that will need to come first. I've also got a set of black mirror caps which i've not fitted yet and i'll more than likely do the grille to match.

The day i got her.

SNV30049-1.jpg

SNV30051-1.jpg

As she is now.

SNV30109.jpg

SNV30107.jpg

SNV30108.jpg

SNV30112.jpg

SNV30111.jpg

SNV30110.jpg

Last edited:

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
Cheers man!

I was trying to update this earlier today with new pics of the recent changes i've made but photobucket wasn't playing the game unfortunatly.

rf20

Those VW wheels look really good on it mate, have you kept them on it?

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
I totally agree, the standard 17s are rank. If it came with the 18s then i probably wouldn't have changed them or at least not as quickly anyway. I am kinda unsure of the Vancouvers aswell, they seem to suit the mk6 Golf better i think?

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
Cheers guys. It's been lowered for a couple of months now but i've had my winter wheels on so i've not seen it lowered on the 18s yet.

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
Some updated pics finally.

It's lowered on Eibach Sportline's which im pretty happy with but i would like the front a tad lower. Black grille and mirror caps, removed some of the badges and also now sat on 16" A3 wheels with Pirelli winter tyres, obviously for the winter months. I had a wee problem with my remap aswell so i took it back and they uploaded a new map and the end results were 218bhp and 312lbft of torque which im really happy with

SNV30436-1.jpg

SNV30437.jpg

SNV30438.jpg

SNV30440.jpg

The mod i'm least happy with.

SNV30441.jpg

That happened when i was down in Nottingham for the weekend. It goes half way up the quarter, the full length of the passenger rear door and part of the front door:cry: If i ever caught the f***er who did it i would:rifle: them after cutting all thir fingers off.

Wellsy

GTI ED35
Feb 8, 2010
Yorkshire
www.facebook.com
Bad luck with the mark, is it all the way through the paint? Or is it still smooth when you run your finger over it?

Where did you get your map done? And how is the dpf coping with it?

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
Yeah it's all the way through the paint. I'm getting the whole side painted sometime this month along with my mirror caps painted solid black instead of the Blackmagic that they are just now.

I got an Angel map. The dpf light has never come on since i've owned the car but i think it may have went into regen mode quite a few times. Down on power, a strange purring noise from the exhaust and a funny burning smell? I once had a puff of smoke from somewhere aswell?

Wellsy

GTI ED35
Feb 8, 2010
Yorkshire
www.facebook.com
Ye that sounds like regen, I was waiting until I get chance to have the DPF off but looking at your power figures, I may just have a map as it is now providing the DPF can cope. My brother has a Focus with a DPF and that puffs a bit of white smoke every so often, nothing to worry about as far as I know.

Black grill and mirrors look well on the FR, my next job!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I did wonder what mine would look like when I ordered up some 16 inch wheels with winter tyres which were then cancelled due to lack of stock. Doesn't look too bad actually. I'm going to see what I can find over the summer months for next winter. Any problems running the smaller wheels?

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
Yeah thanks the mirrors and grille do look so much better.

I'd like to get mine rr'd again somewhere else to see a comparison and see if it is actually making that sort of power. It made 186bhp as standard but i have heard that alot of them do make around that in standard form.

I'm happy for now but if my dpf does dicide to throw it's toys out the pram then it will more than likely get binned:D

No problems running the smaller wheels as such just a bit more flex in the side walls with them being that bit larger but that also gives a more comfortable ride aswell.

Last edited:

maximm

Nice job... winter wheels look good moreover it is much softer to drive:)... remember my first feelings when I put winter 215\50\17 on my stock FR wheels.
Did you change shocks as well? or just springs...

Spoony

Lovely, I'm picking a 2.0 Tdi SE up in this colour. Thanks for some inspiration

McDubber1

Jun 29, 2007
East Lothian
Cheers man!

The VW wheels are called Vancouvers and are an option on the Mk6 Golf GT and GTD. They went back on at the end of last week but i'll need to give the car a clean again before i put new pics up, she's just been on a 1000 mile round trip.

The winter wheels are off an A3 but not sure what they're called.

I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as much as me and my wife enjoy ours:D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.