My 2003 LCR210 :) Electronic boost gauge in, also led stop/tail bulbs. :)

MarkWabe

Be the change
Aug 15, 2010
Braintree
Hi all, I'm new to thesite after owning an Astra Coupe for the past few years, that was tastefully modified inc. suspension, brakes, engine bay, 888 parts etc.

I've always fancied a LCR but never had the cash to buy one!

Here's my old Astra:-

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

Anyhoo, after selling the Astra, I've bought my first LCR, I love it!

She's a 52 plate but registered Jan 03. Carrying 109k on the clocks but with history, I went to have a look at her.

After reading the buyers guide on here in the FAQ and armed with a list of things to lok for, I went and had a nose.

After a test drive and a thorough look over, I figured all the work was pretty much normal maintenance and wear for a car of that age/mileage so we talked figures.

I've just given her a full service at work, connected up to 5051 to check fault memories and she's good to go!

I've activated the "blip" when locking the car.

Anti roll bar being done this coming weekend (hopefully) then getting the little bits done as and when.

Here's a pic after a quick wash and polish

DSC00127.jpg

Last edited:

super_electric

Ps3 Tag: nixonoioi
Aug 20, 2007
North Yorkshire
welcome to SCN looks like you took on alot of work but sounds like you know what ya doing nice to see another LCR even if its not yellow lol :bleh: get some more pic;s up tho work them angles!! lol :cam:

MarkWabe

Be the change
Aug 15, 2010
Braintree
No, was a 1.8 (was a naughty boy with my license so insurance was sky high!)

This is the first turbo I've owned.

I have pics if you want to see. :)

MarkWabe

Be the change
Aug 15, 2010
Braintree
Just a little bit! An upgrade of about 75bhp on the astra and 70bhp on the company Golf TDi!

I'm slowing soaking up Seat knowledge through here, the info on here is great!
Not going too mad with her, she's the better half's daily driver!

MarkWabe

Be the change
Aug 15, 2010
Braintree
Right, got a haul of bits to take home today, new antiroll bar + bushes and clamps (fitting next weekend), aero wiper blades (mk4 golf conversion parts), new rear washer jet, fabia rear wiper conversion parts and some new engine cover clips. :)

Pics to follow when the rear wiper is fitted (even though you've seen it a million times before on other cars!!)

MarkWabe

Be the change
Aug 15, 2010
Braintree
Roll bar is now put back to next weekend as no space at work. :(

Anyhoo, rear wiper and aero blades is now fitted, was trying to sort the rear washer leak but I've given up on removing the tailgate trim, what a pain in the ass!

Pics to follow!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Nice buy and welcome. Looking forward to the inevitable progress that these cars lead you into!

Worth it though! Enjoy.

shaun.

converted
Mar 26, 2010
leicester
exellent choice in colour mate, let us know how you get on with the cam belt as i am thinking of doing mine myself i am a truck mechanic so never done a cam belt so i am a bit wairy

you wont regret the lcr mate i am pretty new to mine as i have had it about 4months and i still love every second of driving it plus if you drive steady it will return good fuel figures aswell

MarkWabe

Be the change
Aug 15, 2010
Braintree
Ah, with the cambelt and pump I'm going to let work do it! I've never done a belt either so don't want to **** it up!

Definitely not regretting the purchase!

From what I've been told, the belt is very fiddly on one of these as there's a lack of room?

MarkWabe

Be the change
Aug 15, 2010
Braintree
Got the antiroll bar and bushes fitted today. :)

Also had the brake fluid changed and did an A/C service.

Then once I got home, I gave her a celebratory wash!! As you can see, the calipers NEED a refurb.

WP_000015.jpg

WP_000016.jpg

WP_000017.jpg

WP_0000172.jpg

WP_000018.jpg

WP_000020.jpg

WP_000021.jpg

WP_000022.jpg

WP_000023.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members