Toldedo key fob prob

matz

Hi everyone,

Can anyone shed any light of a remote key fob problem on my 2000 Toledo TDI?

The remote doesn't open or close the doors although they and the central locking work ok manually. When pressing the key fob remote a red light falshes on it but nothing happens on the car.

I've bought a new battery for the key fob but still no joy although the red light on the fob dosen't flash now.

Any ideas anyone??

edc

Blue Leather & Shiny Bits
Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
www.clairecoileytrust.com
To sync the remote key I found the instructions in the manual. Failing that, Flapper's posted some instructions in the Ibiza forum under a remote central locking thread which seems to work for mk2 and 3 Ibizas.

matz

Phoned the Seat dealer today. They said if the battery was new and the red light wasnt coming on on the fob, it needed I quote "a new blip". This will cost about £50 inc reprogramming.

Does this sound right?? I've tried doing the sync thing as per the manual but nothing happens. I think this is because the fob red light isnt on!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if the red light isnt on its either

A - batteries buggered (if you have 1 only replace it with 2 older thinner types a lot more powerful/reliable)

B- batteries in the wrong way (it happens)

C - broken remote (VERY RARE but possible)

if new remote required ya looking a good £40 and reprogram is doing what it says in the book :p

and as per other post

try this :

turn ignition on to red lights (max 5 seconds)

take key out (you now have approx 20sec to comply )

hold the button with the key on it down - and press the second (plain one) down 3 times

the keys led should flash 5 times and the car will lock and flash indicators

you NOW have another 20 seconds to add a 2nd key ?

if finished

turn ignition back on to red lights and leave OVER 5 seconds or just wait over 20 seconds .

this turns learn mode back off

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
either that or if you ever cross M5 J9/10 (cheltenham) drop in i'll try it for ya

matz

Thanks for advice Flapper.........

Just to go back to basics a minute anyone, when I bought the new battery, it had the same reference number on the back and cost £2.

I took old one out of fob, then lifted blue plastic cover from battery compartment base to see where " + " was. Placed new battery writing side down with " + " to line up with the one in compartment. Put key back together. Tried it no red light.

Assuming I did all that ok!

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if it was a single (roughly 3mm) battery - THROW IT

get the thinner (1.5mm) version *2 (yes 2 )

fit them in the same way ( + - +-) making sure that the + face touches metal and the blank one does too

like metal springs (sorry not got a pic) if you get one ill point it out ?

the twin thinner fitting is 99% more reliable than the later single (had no end of trouble with the single one)

matz

9 days from when this problem started, the remote started working again for no apparent reason. We were living with the problem for now when bungo it suddenly worked again!

Perhaps the key got a bit of wet in it during a downpour?

It must be the key cos when it didn't work the red light on the key didn't come on. Now everythings ok again.

Hope this helps someone with the same gremlins.

stumpy

Hi all,

Just bought a Toledo 1.9 TDI SE today - excellent car but...i'm having the same problem with the keyfob not working. Red light is coming on so I assume it just needs to be resynched with the car. Trouble is I dont have the owner manuals to find out how to do this - could someone let me know the instructions for doing this please? Tried the steps above but didn't work :(

cheers guys

matz

Hate to say it, but our key remote has been working on and off since I posted on here. A couple of days it works then goes down for a day or so then ok again then no good and so on and so on and so on. We just live with it now :blink:

Still wouldn't mind finding out what our problem is though..............

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if its not an early model you'll need to pop in the stealers

the button press only seems to work on the early versions

xenophon74

Key Synchronization

Hello,
I have a Toledo 1,6 SXE 1996 model.

I have problem with the central locking and the key. The key has a new battery but cannot lock the doors. I press the key, the light is red flashing buy nothing with the locks.

Could someone tell me if I need to synchronize the car locks? Can u tell me the instruction how to do it?

Thanks

QMA

point keyfob at remote rear view mirror press lock and unlock buttons twice this should reset the system

matz

nearly a year old this thread :blink: btw our fob hasn't worked for months - I've given up on it

QMA

worth a try though that data is from a good source, didnt notice the age of the thread

DnT

Oct 19, 2004
Staffordshire
I fixed my own ..... contacts and batteries.

I had a similar problem - out of the blue the remote stopped working - stealers took me for a ride for some new batteries costing £7 which seemed to work (briefly) it worked on and off. 3 days it didn't, 2 days it did etc. I tested the batteries with a multimeter and I didn't like what it said - so i bought more batteries from Tescos for £1.90 ea. (£7 my brown-eye!!) :censored:
this seemed to work a lot better, but then went off again. - the red light wasn't coming on.
- to temporarily fix, unlock/lock the door with the key and press the button.

I fixed in the end by taking it all apart and stretching the contacts - they just weren't bending correctly to stay on the batteries! - and every pocket journey altered whether it would work or not. ;)

j0el

Which batteries did you get from tescos mate?, The batteries have gone on my fob for my Leon and im unsure which batteries to get.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.