Cigarette Lighter not working, fuse blown?

tyranical

Apr 13, 2008
My missus being the darling she is a few months ago thought it was a fantastic idea to toss a load of change out of her pocket into the ashtray, a penny went into the cigarette lighter and she tried to get it out but it got stuck nearly flat.

Anyway so I wanted to use said cigarette lighter yesterday to plug in the tyre pressure pump upperer tool (yes I just made up that name) so I spent a good 20 minutes trying to get the penny out.

Now the cigarette lighter socket doesn't work, It used to before the penny incident as I used to charge my phone in it. Is there a fuse for it or is it likely that its just burnt itself out having a penny stuck in there?

Cheers.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
It will be the fuse behind the dash on the drivers side door. Just replace and away you go.

Iv done the same before

tyranical

Apr 13, 2008
How do I get to said fuse, work out which fuse it is and is there replacements in the fusebox already like on some cars or will I have to go buy 1?

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
The pannel on side of the dashboard..pull it off (inside of drivers door; can only get to it when door is open).

There is a chart with a picture to tell you which number to check.

Check the fuse by looking to see if it is broken (pretty obvious)

As for spares I think there are some spares but I would just buy a fuse for 20p or so from a local motors place.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members