Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 56597

Finished, for now...

Delete my account

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Nice, i like the colour. My suggestion would be to get a exhaust tip welded on as the one that is on the 1.4 100hp is a pee-shooter lol, i have got an oval style one which you can see in my readers ride but have not managed to get it welded on yet :redface:. Another thing you could consider is lowering it a tad, 30mm makes it sit nice imo without being unpractical.

Deleted member 56597

Nice, i like the colour. My suggestion would be to get a exhaust tip welded on as the one that is on the 1.4 100hp is a pee-shooter lol, i have got an oval style one which you can see in my readers ride but have not managed to get it welded on yet :redface:. Another thing you could consider is lowering it a tad, 30mm makes it sit nice imo without being unpractical.

Cheers.

Yeah your right, i just need to find a tip like yours and my bro works at a garage part time so id get him to do the welding :)

Its something im thinking about, not going to do it before the warranty expires though which is around June time this year. Did your Weitec Ultra GT Kit improve the ride comfort at all?

Standard ride is hard and loud but its something im willing to put up with, just wondered if it could be improved at all.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Cheers.

Yeah your right, i just need to find a tip like yours and my bro works at a garage part time so id get him to do the welding :)

Its something im thinking about, not going to do it before the warranty expires though which is around June time this year. Did your Weitec Ultra GT Kit improve the ride comfort at all?

Standard ride is hard and loud but its something im willing to put up with, just wondered if it could be improved at all.

Yeah tip makes it look better, even though it looks squint in my readers ride its not in reality ha ha!

I put my suspension on before the warranty expired and the garage did suspension work on it despite have aftermarket suspension.

Yeah i do find that the ride is less harsh and that bumps are absorbed much better than standard suspension. The reason i replaced the suspension was because i was fed up of the harsh ride and this has certainly made it more bearable. The general noise that you hear when driving is because there is no sound proofing in the Ibiza which is criminal as it makes it very very loud inside :( I had looked into putting some soundproofing in myself but it is quite costly and would slow the car down due to extra weight. I did put loft insulation in the rear quarter panels lol, it stops some noise and stops rattles from developing in that area as well. If you are looking for a refined car, stay well clear of the Ibiza!!

Deleted member 56597

Yeah tip makes it look better, even though it looks squint in my readers ride its not in reality ha ha!

I put my suspension on before the warranty expired and the garage did suspension work on it despite have aftermarket suspension.

Yeah i do find that the ride is less harsh and that bumps are absorbed much better than standard suspension. The reason i replaced the suspension was because i was fed up of the harsh ride and this has certainly made it more bearable. The general noise that you hear when driving is because there is no sound proofing in the Ibiza which is criminal as it makes it very very loud inside :( I had looked into putting some soundproofing in myself but it is quite costly and would slow the car down due to extra weight. I did put loft insulation in the rear quarter panels lol, it stops some noise and stops rattles from developing in that area as well. If you are looking for a refined car, stay well clear of the Ibiza!!

To combat the noise i usually just turn the volume up for abit until i reach a smooth bit of road again haha

Dont be like that, you love it really!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
To combat the noise i usually just turn the volume up for abit until i reach a smooth bit of road again haha

Dont be like that, you love it really!

Sometimes i like to drive in silence though! Yeah i do like it, just want more power and more refined now ha ha

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I think the relationship between me and my car is similar to yours, purely love/hate all of the time. :lol:

LOL sometimes when i turn the radio off i get depressed at all the f*cking noise it makes ha ha. Then occasionally i rev the **** out the little thing and it puts a smile on my face as its a very willing engine that makes decent progress (only) when pushed hard.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
LOL sometimes when i turn the radio off i get depressed at all the f*cking noise it makes ha ha
Been there done that. Thought who the hell put this thing together... :ban:

I understand what you mean about wanting something more pokey, all I want is a car that's nice and quiet when I want it to be and cruises on motorways without sounding like the driver's murdering the car with the engine singing away. And the fact it drinks like a 2 litre but goes like a milk float. And sounds like one.

Sorry to go off topic in your thread Jepps your car looks really nice, Sportrider models really are dead pretty.

Deleted member 56597

Sorry to go off topic in your thread Jepps your car looks really nice, Sportrider models really are dead pretty.

Haha no worries, quite funny reading it.

Yeah im really happy with it, deep down i wanted a more punchy diesel engine too but i was stretched to afford this one and like you say, the 1.4 petrol engine is pretty nippy compared to other small hatchbacks like corsas/ fiestas etc.

Deleted member 56597

Next on the list...

The list really is endless, when i can afford the next things i plan to do are:

- Aluminium vents surrounds
- Team Heko wind deflectors
- Oval exhaust tip
- Red cupra vent clips

Ive been thinking about painting the brake calipers and getting some of those SEAT stickers put on, but im not sure whether it would look smart or chavvy. What are peoples thoughts?

Deleted member 56597

Broken

Today i fractured my arm and im getting it plastered tomorrow.

This obviously means i wont be driving or hitting the gym for a while :cry:

Deleted member 56597

ouch! how did you manage to do that?

I was playing cricket indoor at trent bridge, running into bowl i tripped and kind of face planted but with my arm underneath. I cracked out laughing along with everyone else, but as soon as id got my breath back (im 6ft 3in and 85kg so it was a heavy impact lol) i carried on bowling but then it began to hurt and cease up. I think the adrenaline masked the pain :lol:

sprite

nice choice of colour there! are your tints limo black and how much did they cost?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.