Adam's 2003 Ibiza. FACELIFTED, Coilovers, BBS Split Rims!

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Alright guys, thanks for taking a look at my car.

I'll try to always have an updated picture here on the first page, here's how she currently looks:
IMG_4441.jpg

If you don't like reading,
Pictures are here...
Page 1 = Intro & Christmas Day Photos.
Page 2 = Seat Covers & Sunstrip installation (now gone)
Page 6 = Rear valance arrived.
Page 7 = Rear valance installed (finally).
Page 8 = Back Box fitted, debadged front grill fitted and blue LED sidelights fitted.
Page 10 = Facelifted front bumper, GTi Fest, en route to GTi Fest!
Page 11 = Coilovers fitted all round.
Page 12 = Stickers & BBS Split Rims!

It's my first car.
Bought in November 2010 iirc. A 2003 reg, 59k miles on the clock, FSH, excellent condition for it's age.
It's the 1.4, 75bhp model.

I plan to generally upgrade the car over the next couple of years with mods such as:
-G̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶i̶l̶o̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶f̶i̶t̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶+̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶
-Getting a better interior (FR or Cupra seats)
-̶N̶e̶w̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶y̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶e̶l̶s̶ (Need to save for tyres now)
-Cat-back exhaust system
-Induction kit
-C̶o̶l̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶m̶p̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶p̶s̶/̶d̶o̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶l̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶e̶t̶c̶
-Strut brace
-M̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶c̶k̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶d̶o̶w̶
-Sub & amp
-Spray bits of the car in black (Numberplate backing on front bumper, rear valance, possibly roof)

And I think that's it for now. To all those who will ask 'what's the point, save and buy something better', I plan to get a 1.8 20vt dropped in after my current engine dies. I really like this car and wouldn't want to get rid of it, so I plan on just giving it a new life under a bigger and more powerful engine!

CHRISTMAS DAY - BEFORE ANY MODS.
Beginning with one of my favourite shots of my car...
xmas10011.jpg

xmas10012.jpg

xmas10013blurredplate.jpg

xmas10015blurredplate.jpg

xmas10016blurredplate.jpg

xmas10010.jpg

xmas10017.jpg

xmas10018.jpg

(apologies for the shadows, pictures were taken quite early.)

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Not really sure about your additions, but aslong as you like them! ;)

Haha yeah, I'll get some pics up now just need to try and get them off my phone.
In my opinion it's an improvement on the standard interior as it looks a bit more sporty - plus it doesn't hit the insurance. If insurance didn't exist I'd be doing allsorts to it!

higgi

Aug 3, 2010
Glasgow/Ayrshire
Hey the cars looking good, same as me small mods at the start then getting more stuff done. Was thinking of getting the same ripspeed seat covers are they any good?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Hey the cars looking good, same as me small mods at the start then getting more stuff done. Was thinking of getting the same ripspeed seat covers are they any good?

sorry to hijack, where abouts you from higgi, im from irvine myself?

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire

Thanks mate.
They look good on the car in my opinion, they were just tricky to fit - my dad fit them for me but we had to tie it to various bars under the seat and stuff to get them on.

Also they didn't fit completely tightly which was a bit of a bummer.
Nevertheless, looks better than normal seats.

higgi

Aug 3, 2010
Glasgow/Ayrshire
sorry to hijack, where abouts you from higgi, im from irvine myself?

Stay in Glasgow mate but work in irvine.

Thanks mate.
They look good on the car in my opinion, they were just tricky to fit - my dad fit them for me but we had to tie it to various bars under the seat and stuff to get them on.

Also they didn't fit completely tightly which was a bit of a bummer.
Nevertheless, looks better than normal seats.

Yeah the interior is not the best in some ibiza, have seen a few mods using fabric spray cans to make the seats darking but its 50/50 think will try these seat covers anyway.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Stay in Glasgow mate but work in irvine.

Yeah the interior is not the best in some ibiza, have seen a few mods using fabric spray cans to make the seats darking but its 50/50 think will try these seat covers anyway.

ah cool, where abouts? maybe pass you on the m77 in the morning going to work ha ha

i dont think the spraying the seats would be a good idea, will be difficult to get an even finish and you will end up having to buy a new interior

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Yeah, would recommend trying the seat covers.
Only got them for £23 so if it all went wrong it wouldn't be too much of a loss.

They're probably still the same price.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Nice to see another Glacier Blue Mk4 on here.

Go easy though mate, having just passed your test. I'm sure you're sick of the parents telling you this though! Truth be told, 6 months after passing I looked back and thought how stupidly I drove immediately after passing (and I've had no accidents, points or anything!). You probably don't think it now, but in a few months time you will.

higgi

Aug 3, 2010
Glasgow/Ayrshire
Yeah, would recommend trying the seat covers.
Only got them for £23 so if it all went wrong it wouldn't be too much of a loss.

They're probably still the same price.

Yeah do you remember where about you got them?

ah cool, where abouts? maybe pass you on the m77 in the morning going to work ha ha

i dont think the spraying the seats would be a good idea, will be difficult to get an even finish and you will end up having to buy a new interior

I work at the the Rivergate in Town, think I might have seen you, I'm down the m77 all the time. looking at yours makes me want to add facelift front and rear. but hoping to upgrade soon to something with a bit more power.

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Yeah, it's a fine colour lol.

I know, my dad worked in the London met police for 20 years and did a lot of pursuit driving aswell as responding to RTA's so he's seen it all.

If I don't drive like an arse because I'm scared about damaging the car, ruining my insurance or killing myself - it's because of my dad's experience :p

But yeah I know what you mean, I have a mate who drives dangerously and it's literally frightening being in the car. Much prefer controlling my own fate!

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Those seat covers are awesome, where did you get them? :D

Edit: just refreshed

Edit 2: Btw can you post up some better pics of the seat covers btw? if they look good close up i may get some. btw hows the fitting? fit well?

Cheers

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Ty, ordered from Halfords :p
Yeah i'll take some more tomorrow at about 4:00pm if it's not dark by then.
May even take some earlier if possible.

The fit was not excellent I have to say.
If you already have seat covers or seats there's no point in getting these, but equally the fit is not completely diabolical.

You can get some in red aswell btw :)

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
But yeah I know what you mean, I have a mate who drives dangerously and it's literally frightening being in the car. Much prefer controlling my own fate!
Been there done that, been in a car with a mate who went at 70 down a 30mph residential road which scared my to death, particularly as it was dark and there was lots of little avenues off this road which cars could have come out of... like you say, much prefer being in control myself!

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Ty, ordered from Halfords :p
Yeah i'll take some more tomorrow at about 4:00pm if it's not dark by then.
May even take some earlier if possible.

The fit was not excellent I have to say.
If you already have seat covers or seats there's no point in getting these, but equally the fit is not completely diabolical.

You can get some in red aswell btw :)

Sweet :) if I do get these i'll shop around as I know halfords are usually a bit overpriced

Cheers fella, really appreciate it. I I love my little Ibiza but the seats are just eww. Black seats are much much nicer and yours look pretty nice from the outside. Are they that noticeable that they're covers?

Yeah I was thinking of the red ones, they look quite nice

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Been there done that, been in a car with a mate who went at 70 down a 30mph residential road which scared my to death, particularly as it was dark and there was lots of little avenues off this road which cars could have come out of... like you say, much prefer being in control myself!

Lol, you're kidding.
Same happened here, there's a hill leading out of the villiage I live in and he hit 70 as he was coming to the junction at the end which is a national limit road.
Also did 100 down another hill on a country road - vision was great but there were a couple of cars on the road and the conditions were **** as it was just at the end of the snowy period, so there was still a small amount of snow around.

Scary to think that just by getting in the car with an arse you could end up dead eh.

Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Sweet :) if I do get these i'll shop around as I know halfords are usually a bit overpriced

Cheers fella, really appreciate it. I I love my little Ibiza but the seats are just eww. Black seats are much much nicer and yours look pretty nice from the outside. Are they that noticeable that they're covers?

Yeah I was thinking of the red ones, they look quite nice

Yeah lol, good thinking.
No probs mate glad to be of help! I know what you mean lol. Someone on the site described them as grandad seats and it made me laugh.

They look like seats from the outside pretty much, or from a glance, but you can see that they're covers if you open the door and see where the strings are tied on to keep it in place, although it's not OMG obvious, actually is quite subtle.

If you have passengers in the back they might see that they're covers because there's a slight bit of seat showing - I'll show you what I mean in pics tomorrow as it's awkward to explain.

Only thing with red ones is that idk if they come as a full set like the blue or are just front seats? Wasn't advertised well on the Halfords website.

At the end of the day - you don't notice the flaws in the covers because they're damn well better than the normal seats haha, just makes the car look that slightly bit more better. Besides if you hate them when they're fitted you can always take them out again or whatever :p

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.