Remote Key Programming

dogma

Hi,

Can someone confirm the definitive way to program a new remote key fob so the central locking portion of the key works on a 2001 leon?

I've been all over the forums and tried all the methods (copied below) I can find but can't get it to work. The fob looks to be working as the red light comes on, but I can't match it to the car (tried a new battery too)...

Reprogram new remote.
Hopefully you will have 2 keys - both with transponders in. I used 2 keys to do this.
1. Switch Ignition ON and leave keyONE in the ignition.
2. Mechanically lock the vehicle using the Drivers door using keyTWO
3. Using the remote control
press the UNLOCK button once, and the horn will sound once. (mine didnt)
4. Wait 6 seconds and press the UNLOCK button again to activate the coding procedure
and the horn will sound once.
The remote control will now be programmed. Happy days

Try this procedure to sync the fob.
Complete the following within 30 seconds:
Switch ignition ON. Use key not fitted with remote control.
Manually lock driver's door.
Press and hold unlock button.
Manually unlock and lock driver's door.
Release unlock button.
Switch ignition OFF and remove key.
System should now lock or unlock vehicle.
If not, carry out programming procedure.

Method One:
1. Turn on ignition with key without buttons
2. manually lock drivers door
3. press and hold unlock button on key
4. manually unlock and lock drivers door
5. release unlock button on key
6. turn off ignition and remove key

Thanks

chrisr45

Jul 2, 2008
Middleton/Rochdale
On the first option did you have the key that already works the central locking in the ignition & the non working one in the door?

I know it may sound like a stupid question but I have seen people do it that way.

The only other way I know of is to use Vagcom/VCDS to program it

t32er

im having the exact same issue at the moment!! it is in the manual, it doesnt work though! again iv tryd all of the above bar vag come, as i dont know any one down here with it...
one thing that does happen with me though - the top one you have put up, the last step, when i press the button it sets my alarm off...

Last edited by a moderator:

krisby

Custom user title
Nov 17, 2010
Sipson
My fob had been working fine, even after a fresh battery change 4 weeks ago. Yet this week it lost sync with the car (on the wifes petrol Toledo, not my diesel Toledo, that's another story), the red light works but the car does not respond. I have tried the procedure in the car, about 15 times with no luck. Oddly at the end of the procedure the light does stop flashing as if it knows something has finished (when holding the button).

On my car though, the fob does not work at all, even with fresh battery, no light, so I am getting a new one from Ebay, but I am a little concerned that if I can't even program a once working key, that I won't be able to program one that didn't even come with my car.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Post #1 looks OK but fails to mention do it with the drivers window open so you can reach in and remove the key from the ignition!!!
I went thru all the above last year and couldn't get new key to register - turns out I was adding another step into the procedure by unlocking the car to retrieve the other key from the ignition!!!
Give it a go, you never know ;)

wavejumper

How do I do this if I have 2 keys, but only 1 has a transponder in?????
I'm stuck at the moment and can't get anything to work!:confused:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.