Ex multiple Cupra owner.... checking in for an update

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Kincardineshire, scotland
START- A BIT ABOUT HOW I GOT TO SCN

Hello, this is my first readers ride thread since joining the SCN stable back in 2006. i joined this site when looking for a mk3 ibiza cupra. a mk3 ibiza cupra was sourced, this was a major step up in performance coming from a 1.1 106.

first car - 1.1 106 extra time

Davspictures014.jpg

Davspictures005.jpg

second car - mk3 ibiza cupra

Davspictures053.jpg

Davspictures064.jpg

all the toys were bought with thanks to this forum to make it a 250bhp monster, but the stock pile in my old mans shed grew and i bottled it in the end. towards the end of my year ownership i bought a 1.0 1996 6n polo so this was used when the decision came to sell the ibiza and all parts. this forum was used to sell both the car and all parts!

LEAVING SCN

third car - 1.0 6n polo

DSC00015.jpg

DSC01409.jpg

the intention with this car was to save for a house/flat and still enjoy life and cars! this is what i did! and in the end this was sold after a year, and after fitting a 1.6 engine keeping the 1.0 gearbox. it was sold as i had the use of the girlfriends car as she had a company car. this played a big part it making the most if saving! the polo was the last i car i owned until december 2010.

in the mean time i used this - honda civic 1.8 ex

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

after a driving this for a while i decided my journey required two wheels for much quickness....

MY SUMMER/GOOD WEATHER TOY

first bike - honda xr125

DSC01575.jpg

this was only used for about 6 months and just after i passed my test it was sold.

my second bike - 2001 suzuki bandit ( i still have this)

P1020833.jpg

Last edited:

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
RETURN BACK TO SCN IN A BIG WAY

at 22 i bought a house after all the saving since having my mk3.

the civic was sold 6 months later which leads me to buying a mk2 leon cupra in march 2010. this car was bought down south and had all the spec that makes the pre facelift appear much more pleasing on the eye inside and out!

forth car - mk2 leon cupra ( still own this)

editedsunsetphoto.jpg

this was my first use of my dslr which i was given as a gift 3 months before i got this car, this was my first attempt and this year it was also my first attempt at photoshop

P7091081.jpg

P7091079-1.jpg

the spec of this car is, sat nav, ipod kit, auto everything, aero skirts and spoiler, bbs seat sport wheels. it also has a fully painted front end which sometimes i like, somethimes i dont! this might change. it has the rev d valve too.

i have recently fitted eibach spotlines but not pics yet.

sitting for this i also have an s3 cooler, miltek cat back, dbilas intake. it has full seat service history (despite being a mercedes tech) which i will keep up. i am not a year into the ownership and still enjoy this car alot!

the car was put on a RR where it made 262.5 bhp beating a well known punk on heres BESS! please..... ha ha (its true al white trash takes it)

towards the end of the year my fiance now changed jobs which resulted in the need again for two cars, i tried buying cheap but this didnt work out so i was on the look out again!

i found i was looking for a boring second car, corsas etc but after driving the corsa vxr and enjoying it i was looking for one! after looking for a while i was in love with techies boc. but i found the black and white theme was not something i wanted two of and found a blue used ibiza which was only 3 months new when bought. the car is galia blue and was bought even further down south.

fifth car - mk5 ibiza cupra

P1221585.jpg

P1221592.jpg

P1221597.jpg

P1221593.jpg

these were taken at a recent RR day

edited1.jpg

after a photoshop play...

i will update these last two cars when i can, this will not be a fast thread as i am getting married next year but bear with me and you will see some changes!:D i have met some real friends due to SCN, so thanks!:clap:

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Ace min :)

Oh, and Bess will want a rematch when she gets her new pluggys fitted ;)

Edit: Nae pictures of White Trash with her new ride height yet? It looks magic!

Last edited:

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Ace min :)

Oh, and Bess will want a rematch when she gets her new pluggys fitted ;)

Edit: Nae pictures of White Trash with her new ride height yet? It looks magic!

i will get some buddy dont worry, it was looking real good last night so should have got some then! need the winters off tho as i get no grip!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Looked good the other night when I was winning you some trophies on GT5 too :)

Which wheels for the Ibiza were you wanting painted and when do you want them done?

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
SOME MORE PICS OF THE LEON

nice night but a big wheel

P7091129.jpg

first rolling shot practice on my own car with the misses driving, i have since got a bit better but this practice has been done at hilll climb events.

P7231193.jpg

taken down at the harbour

P7231223.jpg

P7231197.jpg

slight adjustments from ps.

taken in the village that i stay down at the cliffs.

P5290763.jpg

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Good idea getting Amanda to take the wheel min, her being the superior driver and all :lol:

Good photos :thumbup:

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Looked good the other night when I was winning you some trophies on GT5 too :)

Which wheels for the Ibiza were you wanting painted and when do you want them done?

wanting the originals painted, cant decide on black or anthracite tho? i cant figure it out on photoshop so will try and get a pro to change them for me.

winning me trophies will be your main concern when you return from this wee trip buddy!

what a difference with the springs! makes me want it again!:funk:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Black looks better as there is no dark grey anywhere on the car :)

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
REALLY POOR PICS OF THE SPORTLINES FITTED

Some updated pics after fitting the Sportlines (pics will change only doing this on the iPhone)

Front before, in my work away to go on the ramp:

fdaea937.jpg

Front After, in my works car park:

46997d2a.jpg

Rear before, in my work away to go on the ramp:

16ae6a0a.jpg

Rear after, in my works car park

14447d88.jpg

Overall car in a brilliant Aberdeen weather :

2575372f.jpg

All pics take by iPhone 3G (shite camera)

Last edited:

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
looking good !! ive got a set of Sportlines in my boot waiting to be fitted and these pics are making me want fit them right now !! :D

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
looking good !! ive got a set of Sportlines in my boot waiting to be fitted and these pics are making me want fit them right now !! :D

I can't believe I waited so long to buy them! It looks like it should have been from the factory! The pics are really poor! But if the weather changes I will get some more with the dslr ;)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
You will be a busy laddie next weekend then loon, between that and the other jobbies on the cards ;)

Where is all this going to take place?

Poverty

Love the boc, fully painted cupra bumper doesnt look right though, at first I thought it was an FR!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.