Awesome GTI

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » General Motoring Discussion » Brand Discussion » Audi Brand Group Discussion

Audi Brand Group Discussion Discussion on the Audi Brand Group's products and news. Audi Brand Group includes: AUDI & Lamborghini

Old 19-02-2011, 14:21   #1
Harris.

Harris. has 10 points
coil packs.

Hey guys just a little heads up. Audi have released a quality campaign/recall in the last couple of days on coil packs. They have finally realised they are pants and are replacing them all with modified ones. I know this goes back to 2002 cars as I did a a4 1.8t yesterday but dont know if they go back any further or not yet. As soon as I find out more Il update I dont know if VW and SEat have this recall out yet or not.
Harris. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 16:00   #2
8bit
... is not The Stig

8bit has 30 points
Subscribing, if there's a chance of free fixes for my 55 plate LCR then I'm interested, keep us posted
8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 18:57   #3
Slimy

Slimy has 10 points
Even if they don't actually run the recall, I'd be interested in the replacement part numbers.
Slimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2011, 16:37   #4
GrayT
I'm Old

GrayT has 10 points
I had these done on a recall basis 2 weeks ago - except that I had the car booked in for an oil sensor issue and it's then that they checked the records. So I would say that especially if you bought your car used, contact Audi. The car instantly felt smoother even before my remap of yesterday. Any idea how much these would have been if I had had to fork out myself?

Also, I know most Audi owners will probably get specific advice elsewhere, but the A4 B6 suffers from an issue where the rubber grommets designed to drain water from the plenum chamber directly in front of the bulkhead actually block up with gunk (the usual crud that washes down there). Some were recalled, some not. I had read about this 2 days before I noticed water spurt out of my bonnet as I was cornering after a car wash! This chamber holds the battery and brake servo and the ECU! Some people have had very serious issues when water had filled the chamber (mine had 2 inches in there, but fortunately no damage).

Audi should do it but I did the DIY fix - just push the rubber grommets through and leave the drain holes open - there's no issue in doing that. There are two grommets - one just under the servo and the other under the battery. It is a battery out job and then just poke them through with a stick. I can't believe what a PITA the battery is to get out, but there you go. If you have an A4 B6 don't ignore this!
Old 13-05-2011, 17:32   #5
Mario

Mario has 10 points
Hello gent's , sorry to sound dim but what model SEAT'S would this coil pack recall apply too?
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote