A guide to fitting Audi tt mk1/Porsche996 front seats

trevorb33

Dec 30, 2009
This guide is for my fabia but the ibiza share exactly the same seats and runners, so thought it may help some people.

Basically the TT seats and the Porsche 996 seats are exactly the same bases so this guide will apply to either seat, unfortunately i couldnt find a set of 996 seats near to me at the time so got another set off tt Black leather seats, after i sold the red ones.

firstly remove the seat, for this you need a m10 bit on a socket or whatever, four bolts and the seat is out
DSCF0241.jpg

Basically the tunnel side of the new seats near enough bolts up, i had to slightly elongate the front hole on the seat runner but that was no biggie. the front bolt hole is slightly raised on the tt seats, all this means is that the front will be slightly higher then the back of the seat, if you dont want this you will have to remove the lug, but i left it there as when bolted down it doesnt move about and still has enough thread holding it on.
DSCF0242.jpg

then once i bolted in one side, now was the time to make a template for the door side as the runner is around inch and half shorter then the fabia runner, i made up a rough template with so cardboard, and made the two holes so i know where the bolts need to go,
DSCF0248.jpg

for the brackets i used 6mm steel plate very strong stuff an will easily take the weigh of the seat and the most portly of passengers,
DSCF0258.jpg

once you have done the brackets front and rear using the same method trial fit the whole lot together and make sure all the seat functions work, i.e full front to rear movement, and make sure the seat feels stable.
DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0250.jpg

DSCF0249.jpg

then once thats all done onto the airbag wiring as the connector is different from the tt to fabia,
fabia wiring
DSCF0244.jpg

tt wiring
DSCF0245.jpg

so once you have lopped off the connector i simply fitted connectors onto the end of the wires and joined the wires together off the fabia wiring to the tt seats the wires should be connected as so
Brown to Brown
Black to Blue
Yellow to Black
the other sides got differetn colour wires but its pretty straight forward to work out

its not recommended to solder these wires together as this can cause resistance related faults and bring your airbag light on, you have been warned,

thats it then once you have done that bolt it all up and repeat for the other side, once you have the brackets for one side the other is easy as you simply flip them upside down and use that as a template for the other. Simples!

DSCF0255.jpg

im gonna do the drivers side tommorrow, as im taking the brakcets to work to grind all the edges down and make them alot neater, then add a dab of black hammerite, so should look alot more neater then at the mo, any questions and comment welcome hope this is of help to people. ill get some finished pictures up when its done, if the hammerite brackets look naff i also have some cloth that i might cover them in, havent decided yet

Last edited:
Reactions: lluna_polanco

trevorb33

Dec 30, 2009
cheers i really wanted to do 996 seats they would look sweet, just couldnt find a decent set,

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
you wanna drill an extra bolt hole on the rail or chassis side (ideally both) to make sure it's triangulated

left single side bolted like that in a shunt the seat could move forward or at worst break free :(

alternatively join the front and rear plate's together in a fancy bar setup :)

not so bad with main rails in properly but it's all that's holding you and the seat to the car mind :(

Last edited:

trevorb33

Dec 30, 2009
you could but the oe seats are only held in with one bolt on each corner, you could put an extra hole in the bracket on the runner but that would serve no extra purpose, as its still only being held by the original bolt, the tunnel side uses the oe mounting points bolted straight in so it will be plenty strong enough, otherwise your have to drill into the rail side and cut a new thread, may look into that but will be a major headache. alternately you could make a bracket that goes the whole length of the door side so not two separate brackets that would dissipate the weight more and may work out slightly stronger

trevorb33

Dec 30, 2009
making some one piece mounts for the door side, to make it alot stronger, more info coming soon

trevorb33

Dec 30, 2009
basically ive made some new one piece brackets out of 10mm steel, lol abit overkill but oh well, made some aluminium spacers for the tunnel side too as it would be sitting at a fair angle without them, also sorted the front of the seats runners out as they have little lugs that stopped the runners sitting flush, so dremmelled thses off and tapped the bracket up to sit flush, now these can either be welded to the runner for extra strength or just use a big washer as this will push the runner down and hold it in place too.

the bits that need cutting
DSCF0282.jpg

ally spacers
DSCF0284.jpg

hench bracket
DSCF0285.jpg

DSCF0286.jpg

gonna spray the brackets black then its all done, just need to get a couple of longer bolts as i run out, as i didnt want to use the originals now they have less thread holding them with the 10mm bracket.

trevorb33

Dec 30, 2009
finally completed and im happy, painted up the brackets last night matt black

Photo0003.jpg

and the finsihed article

DSCF0289.jpg

DSCF0288.jpg

DSCF0287.jpg

trevorb33

Dec 30, 2009
top dog - like it - that ain't going NO where :) [B)]

indeed lol cheers, also has the added affect of raising the seats slightly as the tt seats are rather low slung even with the height right up, well happy with how they turned out too, just touched up all the bolts and spacers with black paint so not really visible too helps it blend in, and thanks for your input it made me want to rethink the bracket, as its was a bit bodged before lol

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
you wanna see how many goes it takes me before i even think about painting :rolleyes:

oddly one thing i have always hated is the height of my beeza seats being too high

trevorb33

Dec 30, 2009
these would be ideal then its wierd seems to handle better dont know wether its me imagining it or not, or maybe its the extra wiegh lower down or something lol

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
oddly one thing i have always hated is the height of my beeza seats being too high
Agreed! I'm only 5ft 9" and even I find the seats too high! God only knows what its like for 6 footers!
these would be ideal then its wierd seems to handle better dont know wether its me imagining it or not, or maybe its the extra wiegh lower down or something lol
Yeah, lower centre of gravity! :cartman:

soupz

Oct 16, 2010
Omagh, N.Ireland
Some job! Any pics of the interior now that its finished?

Yeah i'm only 5'8 and i still think the seat is too high! lol

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.