Jon's FR TDi 150

Ive been on here a while now and have always loved watching other peoples progress with their cars, getting very jealouse :cry: with the new shiny bits and pieces they have bought and always thought my humble TDi doesnt even come close to the standard thats on here.

Anyway - I have suddenly had a boost in confidence and thought I may aswell start a little thread of my own :)

Its a 54 plate FR TDi was completely standard when i bought it with just over 50k on the clock with full seat service history

this is how it looked after getting home and giving it a good wash, clay and polish

ccc71abb.jpg

I absolutely loved it at the time because of the looks and performance and because my daughter was 5 months old at the time it was just so practical because it is 5 door and all the baby gubbins you have to carry with a baby fitted in the boot easily with plenty of space left.

first little mod i did was the Cupra R splitter

leon1.jpg

made such a difference in my eye's and was real happy with it because it was less than £30

few weeks later the exhaust started blowing so got a stainless powerflow system fitted

101_0295.jpg

went for the oem look with the twin round tailpipe design
(excuse the date on pic - didnt change camera settings)

that was as far as it went for the next 6-8 months as all spare cash went on the baby and new house etc

during this time tho I got big into detailing so spent time building up a decent collection of products and spent hours researching on detailing world

101_0261.jpg

The standard of work of those guys on there was amazing and really inspired me to keep my car in top condition

101_0289.jpg

000_0011.jpg

again please excuse the date on pics as it seemed to be the same on all pics whenever i took them

BTW the cupra badge was there when I bought it and has since been removed

anyway after about a year of ownership and only having to have cambelt and water pump fitted, things seemed to start to go downhill :cry:

first of all the alternator pulley snapped off at 70mph and the noise it made flying off through the engine bay and under the car really **** me up

6c109324.jpg

anyway after getting recovered to my local garage and half a day and £160 later I was back on the road

then less than a week later the gearbox went and i was devastated

luckily it was still under warranty and they covered the cost otherwise I would have been £1600 out of pocket

after getting the car back I was feeling really deflated with the car and really couldn't be arsed to do anything other than drive it - it just lost all its appeal and just felt like any other car I had had in the past

I hate to say it but I didn't bother with scn that much for the next few months until I came across jonjay's leon on detailing world :drool:

DSCF3260.jpg

it was looking gorgeous as ever so i thought id have an update on his progress on scn and thats when the bug caught again

so in the past few weeks I have bought and fitted a 6k HID kit and was amazed how easy they were to fit and the difference is amazing

hid_kit_inside.jpg

also fitted some led side light to match

I bought a alpine ida-x305 head unit from a member off here and absolutely love it

ce001b82.jpg

today i bought some spray paint to paint the center console so the hu surround matches - that will get done tomorrow now and also picked up a new cupra r splitter as my current one got ruined in the recent snow we had in sunny south wales

d21648f5.jpg

and in the next few weeks i will be ordering some 18" bbs ch reps

imagesqtbnANd9GcQCGNP6K_MX_CqGwJgBQpAdlce3HIBH1Wq9eQABMoarVHQ3AkQot1.jpg

so thats it - its been a roller-coaster time with the leon so far but the bug is back and I feel in love with the old girl again

its not the best example on here but she's mine.

hope my first write up is ok and doesn't bore anyone.

all comments suggestions etc welcome.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Nice to see you got the bug back and thanks for kind words, appreciated. I have a little secret, I actually wanted a Red Leon Tdi when I was after one ;)

Jan 24, 2011
Looks nice mate :) You've spray painted the centre console which is exactly what I'm going to do! Mine will be done in platinum grey to match the paint job of the car. Must say it looks really nice mate, I get a bit bored of all black interior even though it's still nice. Without sounding retarded is there an easy way to get rid of the spray paint if I decide I don't like it? Some sort of cleaner? I'm a total novice to that sort of thing.

Jan 24, 2011
Sweet :) That's good news then! The interior needs a bit of spicing up I think, it is nicely made and certainly an upgrade from my rover but a bit of colour coding will do nicely!

Really nice looking car mate, love leons.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
looking good mate, make sure you get a picture up when the alloys are on as I keep thinking about gun metal coloured ch reps myself for my fr

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.