Gauges

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I'm sorry about posting this but really don't know where to start with these.
All I need is a 3 gauge pod and a boost gauge, oil temp gauge and space for a AFR gauge.
The AFR gauge I know which one I'll get but don't know where to start with the others.

I don't need anything fancy, not bothered about colour but need something accurate and one that will last as not keen on cheap sheet.
Also not keen on spending DEFI gauges prices.

So guys, hit me with the info :)

Gulfstream

Jul 31, 2010
I had Autometer but now I'm changing them all to AEM gauges. Boost and oil temp in A-pillar and afr in the vent pod.

hara

Sep 26, 2009
continent
I have the Autogauge EGT and Boost. It's the "Stepper Motor Swiss Movement with PeakWarning" series - whatever that means :D

Anyway the boost gauge is relatively accurate showing 1.2 bar peaks and sometimes a 1.4 bar "spike" (need to get my map sorted)
but the EGT gauge reading is about a 100 degrees Celsius lower that the VAGCOM readings. Good thing it is always a steady 100 off the mark so I know how to interpret the numbers ;)
Hope this helps.
piccy (silver gauge rim changed to black for obvious reasons):
dashn.jpg

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Cheers guys, much appreciated.
I'm not keen on the liquid gauge as its OBD controlled and won't show the boost spikes above 1.6 bar I might be getting. The stepped autogauges ones sounds good. What I'm really looking for is mid priced set up. Between defi and cheap assed.
Is autogauges a good set up? Clear to read at speed and at night?
I think I'll end up with a 3 gauge pod screwed onto the top of the dash board to the left of the instruments and above the centre vents.
So AEM is similar in price and build to defi?

CupraTurbo81

I used Swoosh Fighter gauges which are similar in look to the Defi gauges but half the price but I only got them because the matched the standard dash illuminations in the LC.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
i had the autogauge stepper motor gauges. these gauges are top. the look pretty, perform to the highest standards. buy anything else and your just paying for the name. i sold mine to tom and i wish i didnt :( i would buy these gauges again :D
the only reason i sold them was because i was looking for a gauge that looked more oem. i ended up with a shadow boost gauge, this is also a stepper gauge but mine is faulty and im waiting for a new one to arrive.
performance of the auto gauge stepper gauges is 10 out of 10, just wished the did a white one with red numbers.

my gauges i have owned

auto gauge stepper gauges

shadow boost gauge(stepper) getting on for £100 each

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Dont ruin the dash Willie :( Stick them in air vents!
LOL, OCD bothering you again

I used Swoosh Fighter gauges which are similar in look to the Defi gauges but half the price but I only got them because the matched the standard dash illuminations in the LC.
Cheers, will discount these then

i had the autogauge stepper motor gauges. these gauges are top. the look pretty, perform to the highest standards. buy anything else and your just paying for the name. i sold mine to tom and i wish i didnt :( i would buy these gauges again :D
the only reason i sold them was because i was looking for a gauge that looked more oem. i ended up with a shadow boost gauge, this is also a stepper gauge but mine is faulty and im waiting for a new one to arrive.
performance of the auto gauge stepper gauges is 10 out of 10, just wished the did a white one with red numbers.

my gauges i have owned

auto gauge stepper gauges

shadow boost gauge(stepper) getting on for £100 each

Top man, thank you.
Seems like the ones I'm wanting, just need to find a pod

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Haha Sam sorry to buy your best gauges off you! I will have them fitted soon so you can see them once more!!

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Willie,

these are my current gauges they are easy to read day or night and acurate, i have a half built gauge pod for the centre vents which i can finish for you. The gauges cost about £160 for all three from the states they are made by X line, if you are interested i can email you the link to the site i bought them from.

5468512347_c9291b41a9_b.jpg

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Willie,

these are my current gauges they are easy to read day or night and acurate, i have a half built gauge pod for the centre vents which i can finish for you. The gauges cost about £160 for all three from the states they are made by X line, if you are interested i can email you the link to the site i bought them from.

5468512347_c9291b41a9_b.jpg
Was hoping you still had this spare but didn't want to assume as it was ages ago I asked you about this and didn't get back to you about this.
What gauges do you have?
Oil temp, boost and ??

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The shadow gauges look alright.
How do these compare to Defi and AEM?
Defi are about £165 + control module thingy
AEM are £135 all inc
and Shadow are £85 all inc
Stepper Autogauge is about £50
Big differences and sort of swinging towards AEM or shadow if there worth the coin?