Andys Glacier Blue Ibiza Tdi

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
Now the mods are starting to crawl along I thought its time to start up a thread.

The car has definitely made me re-fall for the Ibiza after getting bored of the little 1.2​

Interior Modifications

MK4 Golf Interior Light
Cupra Gear Gaiter
Gear Knob

Temp Sticker Bomb

Exterior Modifications

Osram Night-breakers
1 Philips Blue Vision Sidelight (dropped the other into the engine :whistle: )
Citroen Areal
De-badge SEAT and remove window stickers

Gun Metal Sport Wheels

Ever Growing To Do List

Cupra/Fr/Sportrider Rear Bumper
Facelift/Cupra Front Bumper
Interior Tidy Up inc. New Seats, New Mats, Black Trim, Inside door Handles, Audi Pedals, Arm rest etc
Colour Coding
Possibly Lower it
Exhaust de-cat and all that (insurance depending)
Sort out some niggles: cracked fuel cap lock, fans only work on 3-4

Standard
IMAG0098.jpg

De-Badged SEAT and new Areal
IMAG0129.jpg

Temporary Free Lows
IMAG0128.jpg

Makes me want it doing properly but cant imagine a full load when its already lowered!

Will get some pictures of the little interior mods at some point this weekend.

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Looks a beauty mate.
As you said, I swear that's sitting outside on my drive!
Great colour for the ibiza in my opinion, lovin' the alloys aswell; same as mine except mine are a bit kerbed thanks to the previous owner haha.
Looks really nice in the third pic mate, I'd say DEFINATELY lower if you can. Thanks for posting that aswell, I didn't know if I should lower mine or not when I get the money together, but it looks mega when it's low. Actually looks really nice when it's low with those alloys - I was thinking of buying new ones at some point but now won't bother! :D

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Was wondering when you might make another RR!

Are you still working up round my neck of the woods?

I think our cars need a shoot together, be like twins! :)

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
Looks a beauty mate.
As you said, I swear that's sitting outside on my drive!
Great colour for the ibiza in my opinion, lovin' the alloys aswell; same as mine except mine are a bit kerbed thanks to the previous owner haha.
Looks really nice in the third pic mate, I'd say DEFINATELY lower if you can. Thanks for posting that aswell, I didn't know if I should lower mine or not when I get the money together, but it looks mega when it's low. Actually looks really nice when it's low with those alloys - I was thinking of buying new ones at some point but now won't bother! :D

Thanks mate yeah i would love to get it lowered and it looks class on them wheels low. Not to sure if lowering it would be practical have a full car quiet a lot would be making some sparks! Couple of mine are kerbed to but I am hoping to get some new ones or put my sports ones on eventually. If you still have the same ones on when I change your welcome to the unkerbed ones ; )

Was wondering when you might make another RR!

Are you still working up round my neck of the woods?

I think our cars need a shoot together, be like twins! :)

Yep thought I had better start one even if its only for small things, helps me have a timeline of things to ;)

Ive not been round your way for a while actually been working in Wrexham and St Helens these last few weeks, sure I will be round yours again in the near future. A shoot would be great apart from seeing my dirty one next to your mirror! Bought my first ever bottle of polish but not used it yet. Was also hoping to get to this new Preston meet on Monday but its just going to be a last minute thing if i can turn up

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
Interior Light with Map lights

IMAG0140.jpg

And I am going to attempt to remove of this thing today.... hack saws at the ready

IMAG0139.jpg

and hopefully full clean inside and out still filthy from camping

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
:confused: what the hell is that?

car's coming along nicely bud, look forward to seeing the progress

Its part of a gear lock that wraps around the gear stick but i don;t have the other part :happy:
Looks like the hacksaw joke wasnt far off, got down to where its bolted in and there is just 2 smooth heads so its gonna have to stay there for now :(

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
Heh as Ad (Zlash says) that looks identical to his almost :D can't wait to see the progress

Cheers Ste. I want to spend money on it.. but i don't if you know what I mean :confused:

Anyway the new gear knob came today and I was gasping for a bag of mini marshmallows (which I couldnt find anywhere :censored:[:@][:@]) so thought I would test it out. So much nicer than the ball

Gear knob and Gaitor(still needs all fitting properly)

IMAG0146.jpg

Last edited:
May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Cheers Ste. I want to spend money on it.. but i don't if you know what I mean :confused:

Anyway the new gear knob came today and I was gasping for a bag of mini marshmallows (which I couldnt find anywhere :censored:[:@][:@]) so thought I would test it out. So much nicer than the ball

Gear knob and Gaitor(still needs all fitting properly)

IMAG0146.jpg

Gear knob looks good mate, but i would know! lol :p

Lovin my new one too, only thing is that in the cold mornings its freezin to hold onto! lol

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Did you have to change much for the mk4 golf interior light or did it plug straight in?

Jambofuz

Hi, just wondered what sort of mpg you are getting out of it? many thanks J

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
never knew about this page, enjoying it?

Yes cheers love it mate, although i am getting used to the power now after the initial swap. May be time to learn about some power mods. Intakes and exhausts and what not

How did you get your car that low for freee? Looks awesome mate, is it quicker than the last one by a big difference??

Full car and a load of camping gear :D ;) Yeah there is a huge difference really noticed it streight after the swap but like above getting used to it now.

still enjoying the torque generator/chav beater though. Doodle along the single lane road spot on 30mph avec chav on rear bumper get up to the bypass chav goes into the right lane, put my foot down up to 70mph then see them come past a few hours later ;-)

Hi, just wondered what sort of mpg you are getting out of it? many thanks J

Alright mate I am getting about 500-550 miles per tank at the moment with a big mix of motorways some days and 5 minute drives others. Im guessing this isnt to great but not sure, keep meaning to look into it

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Alright mate I am getting about 500-550 miles per tank at the moment with a big mix of motorways some days and 5 minute drives others. Im guessing this isnt to great but not sure, keep meaning to look into it
That's really quite good, my mum's A6 TDI does 520-550 miles to a 70l tank, working out about 45 mpg. So if you're getting similar from a 45l tank, that's really quite good.

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
how simple is it to change the interior light?

Like scott says straight swap. 2 screws and a tug and it comes out unplug it, plug this one in and screw it back in. id recommend taking the fuse out whilst doing it to. i managed to blow mine, metal screwdriver touching the metal bit that holds the bulb in = big spark ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members