Gooner_Mike's C4 VTR+ HDi

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Well, the Ibiza has gone (Readers Ride thread HERE) and here are my new wheels: Citroen C4 VTR+ 1.6HDi.

Index of mods so far:
HIDs (6000k)
Debadged rear
Silver indicator bulbs (front)
Gloss black vinyl roof
Team Heko wind deflectors
Stubby aerial
Stickers
Winter grille
JOM coilovers
FlyEyes tinted lights
Bonnet bra
USB / iPod box
Gloss black rear Citroen badge
LED sidelight bulbs

p1.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

11.jpg

Last edited:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Just for you Damo, a few from the bloke I got it off. Seems good so far.... obviously VERY different to the Ibiza. I'm enjoying the MPG and the toys so far.... Ride is good and I like the styling, always have. I looked at getting one when I bought the Ibiza 3 years ago.

7.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

13.jpg

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Nice car Mike, a bit of rallying pedigree there! :p do you have the funny steering wheel where the center stays still?

danny20vt

going back to basics
What is it with people buying Citroens?:whistle:

Now I don't feel like an outcast:cartman:

Quite nice cars, my Dad had a 5dr C4 but with a 1.6 petrol engine, he didn't have it long before he swapped it for a C4 Grande Picasso 1.6 HDi out of the 2 I prefered the diesel

I had a look at a C5 2.0 HDi VTR estate before the Xsara but the hydraulic suspension was on the floor, it nearly got beached on a speed bump:lol: and the guy who was selling it told me to go to the garage and put air from the tyre pump in it to pump it up, totally irrelivent but I thought I'd share my story:D

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Advise from Deisel person.

Exhaust will give you more torque!
Dont bother with air filters, paper one is fine.
Make sure you get a remap, increased torque will increase mpg when cruising on motorway.

:)

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Nice car Mike, a bit of rallying pedigree there! :p do you have the funny steering wheel where the center stays still?

Oh yes, funny steering wheel is there! Its great.

What is it with people buying Citroens?:whistle:

Now I don't feel like an outcast:cartman:

:shrug: I swore I would never buy French again! Nevermind.

Always liked the look of the Coupe c4.

So have I TBH. Looked at getting one when I got the Ibiza 3yrs ago.

Nice car! Big change from the ibiza though!

Oh yes!

Advise from Deisel person.

Exhaust will give you more torque!
Dont bother with air filters, paper one is fine.
Make sure you get a remap, increased torque will increase mpg when cruising on motorway.

Thanks jonjay. Probably leave the performance mods for a while though. Remap one day!

looks nice mate

Cheers pal.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
First mod done - HIDs

Well, fitted the HID kit from the Ibiza to the C4 yesterday. You thought the Ibiza was bad for bulb changes? Well I can confirm that the C4 is at least 5 times worse! Haven't driven at night yet but I know they are a great mod so I'm all happy. Tried the LED sidelight bulbs too but it seems most of them have blown while on the Ibiza so will have to get some new ones.

Quite fancy some LED running lights TBH. :whistle:

CIMG2249.jpg

CIMG2250.jpg

Also fixed a air-con issue (the car blew hot out one side and cold out the other with the air-con on... weird) Found another forum with loads of help and FAQ guides etc. Its called c4owners.org and I already have the sticker! Anwway, a £10 part from Citroen and its all fixed.... happy days! :funk:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.