My first Ibiza :) 1.4 sc

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
Next plan :)

Vinyl wrap the rear diffuser around the number plate.

and maybe rip my lights to bits and spray them black
(probs done if/when it snows as the car will not be moving :p )

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
So while I've been broke up for xmas I thought instead of sitting on my arse I would attack my car :)
so pulled the bumper of was easy,
then pulled my lights apart to spray the chrome inserts.

So the lights standard
2011-12-20124244.jpg

Lights split (to about 3 hours for the 1st one!!!)
2011-12-20124315.jpg

The insert
2011-12-20124348.jpg

sprayed gloss black
2011-12-20160510.jpg

More pics to come when lights are assembled and on the car :)

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Do yourself a favour and change those indicator bulbs whilst you're at it! Lol, make a hell of an improvement especially now the surrounds being black.

Brave move going gloss black IMO, look forward to seeing the results though :)

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Are the bocs headlights gloss black?

I thought they were lighter/grey.

If you want to buy them from a shop you'll have to pop to halfords I expect.

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
Dunno about.gloss black think they are either satin or matte. Definitely black tho :)
And may have a trip to halfords see what they got there

The ones in my FR are like a satin black and there are a few very narrow greyish strips in there too. Hard to see really, you almost need to be licking the headlight lens to notice and it doesn't show up with photo's from my crappy phone lol

Nice job anyway Adam. I do like the look of your car, many subtle, tasteful mods make it a very nice motor.:thumbup:

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
!

Adam I want to kill you! I got told by the bodyshop i used for my interior spraying that they would not be able to take the light apart because of the bonding between the glass and main light frame! He said that it would be a total bitch to seperate the two bits and then to put it back you would have to make sure its bonded properly and its 100% airtight or you will risk condensation building up inside. Would have saved myself £180

What are you using to bond the glass back to the main bit!

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
it was a complete bitch to do tbh lmao
but it doesnt have to be completely air tight, because the unit itself is not air tight, as there is a small rubber bung for letting out any air or condensation :).
and ive had mine on over a week, alot of rain, night time driving so lights on, and so far no condenstation :p

I used tiger seal as its a polyeurathene silicon, so it dries nearly hard, but is still a little flexible

any other questions il gladly answer :)

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
have you got any pics? might do my old headlights then gloss black.The ones I've got on now are white. The chrome is just a coating isnt it? Did you sand this down to the base or just spray over it with primer? Im assuming you used clear laquer at the end did you?

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
only the pics that are previous.
i can help if you like with answers,
but i just used a pad to key all the surfaces, for the paint to grip to, then panel wiped them.
Then 2 thin coats then all the final coats,
didnt use any lacquer at the end. if i could do them again i would use something like satin rather then gloss as i think its too shiny.

but i like it :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.