How to change aerial?

Ferkel

May 1, 2009
Kyiv, Ukraine
Hello everyone.

I need help and advice on the replacement of the original antenna.

I want to install the short one, like this:
antenne.JPG

I removed the headliner by removing the attachment, and removed the original dish with a lid.
But I can not figure out how to remove a long piece.
IMAG0309.jpg

If you look at the inner part of the case, then we can see four locking, which, as I understand it, close access to the screw of the antenna.
But again, I failed to detach.
IMAG0311.jpg

Maybe someone else has already encountered this and can help?

Thank you!

Aug 31, 2010
Lurgan, Northern Ireland
Believe it or not, you didnt actually have to remove the base of the aerial. Your giving yourself more work than is needed lol! I had trouble removing my standard aerial, but if you give if a very hard pull, it will come out. Just make sure it is screwed out as far as possible until it wobbles about, then pull VERY hard. ;)

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
i did this the other day, have a S2000 aerial now. it is scary but just hold the base hard then pull out very hard and it pulls off!!! it is held on by a small nobble the size of a pin head. if i can do it anyone can!! just unscrew all the way then hold the base and pull!!!! simples.. hope this helps.

Ferkel

May 1, 2009
Kyiv, Ukraine
Thanks for help JonnyH10 and Stiglet!
As you said, everything that I had to do - just pull.
Just grab the screw with pliers and put in the effort to pull the aerial.

That’s how my new aerial looks
IMAG0332.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

Last edited:

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
your welcome for the help, and i have an S2000 aerial and so far have had no probs with reception. i only really listen to kiss, capital and radio 1 and xfm really so most of the main stations. oh and talk sport lol.. so far so good but im not sure on smaller local radio stations but im sure it wil be fine. looks good aswell..:D

Ferkel

May 1, 2009
Kyiv, Ukraine
Well, I'm only one day as owner of smaller aerial. Till this day I do not have any problems with reception.
And I'm not a citizen of UK. I'm from Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
im not gona ask what stations you get ferkel lol... but it looks good!!! and car look nice and shiny aswell.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.