DAB Radio 11MY Leon?

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Are the Leons coming standard fit with DAB radios now? I've noticed a lot of the newer 11MY cars are fitted with the VW RCD 310 unit, does this mean DAB as standard? Doesn't seem to be mentioned on the SEAT website :confused:

Picture I found on another thread by hundleton1:
1aeadbf0.jpg

Mar 13, 2011
Are the Leons coming standard fit with DAB radios now? I've noticed a lot of the newer 11MY cars are fitted with the VW RCD 310 unit, does this mean DAB as standard? Doesn't seem to be mentioned on the SEAT website :confused:

1aeadbf0.jpg

I have that head unit in my car and it isn't DAB. I think you need to spec the media system and sat nav to get DAB? I could be wrong though, didn't go for it myself as I dislike factory sat navs as they all seem to be compromised in one way or another. You are much better off with an aftermarket NAV IMHO.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
The 310 does not have DAB as standard. It's just the newer unit used from 2011 onwards.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby

1aeadbf0.jpg

I got confused a bit as well with the orginal press release that seemed to hint it was now standard. The RCD310 can come with DAB but the MY11 comes without it and as said you have to spec the media system to get DAB.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
The RCD310 can come with DAB but the MY11 comes without it and as said you have to spec the media system to get DAB.

This is the confusing bit, because if you spec the media system it has the sat nav unit instead of the rcd 310, hence me wondering how you end up with a rcd310 with dab as per the picture!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
This is the confusing bit, because if you spec the media system it has the sat nav unit instead of the rcd 310, hence me wondering how you end up with a rcd310 with dab as per the picture!

VW offer DAB as a £180 option on the RCD310 I thought SEAT were going to fit the DAB RCD310 unit as standard obviously that is not the case. The media system is the RNS315 and as you say has DAB as standard.

Not sure on the picture looks like standard RDS readout to to me :confused:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The Media System on the Tech Pack on 2011 cars is really good other than the SD card slot not working when the car is cold. Digital Radio is fantastic - means I don't have to chose between the drivel that is Radio 1 or the slightly better Radio 2 or the local commercial station which is packed with ads.

Absolute 80's :thumbup:

tehguy

Sep 9, 2010
Is that a DAB stereo? Because I have the same one and it doesn't have DAB. It even says "FM" at the top of the screen.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland

1aeadbf0.jpg

Slightly off topic but what does that unit look like when illuminated at night, is the screen backlight blue like VW's or white/red to match the rest of the Leon dash lights?

Mar 13, 2011
Slightly off topic but what does that unit look like when illuminated at night, is the screen backlight blue like VW's or white/red to match the rest of the Leon dash lights?

The backlighting is red, but the rest of the dash / instruments are white.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.