VRSLOZ's MK2 Skoda Fabia vRS - Powered By TMC & ITG @ 211.6 BHP

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Well this has happened a bit quicker than expected!!

After an unfortunate inccident with a deer my MK5 went off for repair, unfortunately while it was being fixed I started to doubt whether I actually wanted to keep it. Don't get me wrong the Ibiza is a good looking car but the 1.4 engine always felt like it was holding back and with the crash I didn't have the same confidence in the car.

I was sitting with my dad a few days after the car got collected and got onto the subject of cars (most of my conversations somehow get onto the subject of cars!). I told him how I felt and he said if I wanted a new one then I should go for it but obviously remember I will lose money on the Ibiza etc etc. While we talked I was flicking through an old copy of AutoCar only to see the review of the MK2 Fabia vRS, a car I had looked at a couple of months ago. Back then they were VAT FREE, a bit of a bargain to be honest, but I knew that promo had ended at the end of March so I wouldn't be able to afford one now. For some reason I decided to get my phone out and check the Skoda website to see if there were any other offers on the car, low and behold the VAT FREE offer was still on.

A LOT of umming and arrring then took place, whether I wanted to lose on the Ibiza and if it was really going to be worth the extra money every month. I ended up deciding that I will only be young(ish) once and that it's the best time to get one as in a few years time I might not have the chance.

That Saturday I took a trip down to the dealers, discussed at length my options, what I wanted with the new car, what they would give me P/X on the Ibiza and about a million other things.

The options I originally wanted were :

Race blue metallic paint
Electric rear windows
Armrest

The standard wait at the moment on a Fabia vRS factory built is 4-5 months, I have to admit I am an impatient bugger and couldn't wait that long for mine. I asked the dealer what they could get from port, they currently had 3 cars that were unallocated. The first was a Rallye green one (same colour as the advert), it was fully spec'd and unfortunately out of my price bracket. The second was a Sprint yellow colour, I dismissed this one straight away as I'm not the biggest fan of yellow cars. The last one was.......Race blue, I already had a smile from ear to ear and wanted to instantly say I'd have it but there was a catch. The car did not have electric rear windows or an armrest, it came with Bluetooth prep and a white roof and white wheels. This put me in 2 minds whether to go for it or not, the body colour was perfect but I wasn't sure if I could live with the white bits. I did the only thing you can do in that situation and called my parents for advice, my dad was a bit more excepting than my mum but both told me it was my decision and if I was happy then they were too (all together now, awwwwwwww!). I went back into the dealership, agreed terms and pricing, also got them to fit an armrest and some mats when they got it and signed the order form. The sales manager was standing by the salesman I was dealing with (quiet day) and said he would have the car in by the end of the month.

I got my Ibiza back on 21/04, had it serviced on 23/04 and gave it into the Skoda garage on the same day, I did this because the tax was up in the next week and I thought my new car would be in the next week, wrongo!

The end of the month came and went and I put a couple of calls in to find out where the car was. When I called on 05/05 the sales guys said it was in getting PDI'd and that I could pick it up that evening, RESULT!!! Only problem was the armrest hadn't been ordered so the car wouldn't come with it when I collected it, we arranged to have that put in the next day.

For the rest of the day I was buzzing, itching to finish work, as soon as 5:30 hit I literally jogged down the road to the garage! I signed the last of the paperwork and watched my new car being driven to the front so I could inspect it. Everything looked spot on, I went back in and signed one more form and walked out owning my new Fabia vRS!

Spec list\Things to be done\Pictures from the day I collected are below

Spec List :

Engine :
1.4 TSi Engine
DSG 7 Speed Gearbox

Brakes :
Standard

Suspension :
Standard

Wheels :
7J x 17" White Gigaro Alloy Wheels

Exterior :
Race Blue Metallic With White Roof

Interior :
Standard

ICE/Security :
Standard

Options :
White & Blue Paint Scheme
Bluetooth Prep
Armrest
Mats

Things to be done :

Activate Locking/Unlocking Beep - Complete
White Headlight Bulbs - Complete
Silvertec Indicator Bulbs - Complete
White Interior Bulbs - Complete
Air Intake Kit - Incomplete
Debadge - Complete
Stubby Aerial - Complete

Pictures :

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Spurt's already nicknamed it the "Postvan On Seriods" (blue postvan!) so that might stick for now lol! Comments welcome!

Last edited:
I've seen a couple of these looking pretty good recently (lowered etc) but have to admit I'm not a big fan as standard.

First thing I'd do it colour code the chrome grille on the front body-coloured. Seen it done on a couple octavia's and it transforms the front.

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Cheers Jas, the drive is so smooth and the car feels like a rocket ship!!

GlanzaV, I know it will be a marmite car, I did look at the black grille from the Monte Carlo but not too sure if it will look good with the White

rahul

Dec 24, 2009
Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Nice car mate! Why not paint the chrome surround white? It'll keep in theme with the white wheels and white roof?

PS. The glovebox looks considerably bigger from one of them photos! You might actually be able to fit a service manual in it!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Very nice. A friend of mine has silver with black roof and wheels. I like the blue with white combo too, but don't envy you keeping those wheels clean. :p Very impressed with how the car goes, he took me for a drive when he got it and I couldn't believe it was an auto by the way it shifted.

Another good thing is it's a rare car that not many people will have! A bit more exclusive.

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Nice car mate! Why not paint the chrome surround white? It'll keep in theme with the white wheels and white roof?

PS. The glovebox looks considerably bigger from one of them photos! You might actually be able to fit a service manual in it!

Cheers mate, will have to let me know when you are free! Did thinking maybe wrap it in White carbon? It's got two glove compartments :p

Love it mate
Colour looks really good, plus these engines are good for tuning

Very nice. A friend of mine has silver with black roof and wheels. I like the blue with white combo too, but don't envy you keeping those wheels clean. :p Very impressed with how the car goes, he took me for a drive when he got it and I couldn't believe it was an auto by the way it shifted.

Another good thing is it's a rare car that not many people will have! A bit more exclusive.

Cheers guys for the comments! The engine is pretty tuneable :) and I love the colour combo, hoping these stay a bit rare

Giz

Mar 12, 2010
Leyland
Very nice mate!
Bet the power feels awesome compared to the last 1.4 haha
Got the same problem as the ibiza though, needs lowering abit.

Saw a green one this morning with black wheels and made me want one!

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Very nice!
Have fun keeping those wheels clean :p

I'd say keep the grille chrome tbh, i think it goes well with the white and the blue.

How is driving with just 2 pedals?

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Very nice mate!
Bet the power feels awesome compared to the last 1.4 haha
Got the same problem as the ibiza though, needs lowering abit.

Saw a green one this morning with black wheels and made me want one!

Buy one ;)

That colour is amazing, <3 haha, really nice car bud, keep us updated and don't disappear off SCN!

Thanks mate will keep this updated and not going anywhere :)

Very nice!
Have fun keeping those wheels clean :p

I'd say keep the grille chrome tbh, i think it goes well with the white and the blue.

How is driving with just 2 pedals?

Nearly as hard as keeping a white car clean ;)

I've had a couple of "Isn't the brake the clutch" moments! :doh: but luckily enough it was at low speed in car parks!

VRSLOZ

Formally SC16v
May 1, 2010
Costa Del Hertfordshire
Update

The vRS went back to the dealer today to have the armrest fitted. While dropping it off I asked the Tech if he could put the locking/unlocking beep on via the dealer software, he said he would have a look and see what he could do.

Picked it up around 4pm, the armrest was in and the locking/unlocking beep was active, what a legend!

Some pics of the armrest (poor iPhone night pics!)

armrest.jpg

armrest1.jpg

Video Of Locking/Unlocking Beep

Video Of The Dials Staging

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members