"check safelock"

andrewbabz

Feb 28, 2011
is it possible to change the "check safelock" message to read as something else? like "check iPod" for example? - i left mine on view on saturday and then thought it be useful if it could read as something else, as i don't forget to lock the car but sometimes leave stuff in the car.

lefkon

Feb 7, 2011
is it possible to change the "check safelock" message to read as something else? like "check iPod" for example? - i left mine on view on saturday and then thought it be useful if it could read as something else, as i don't forget to lock the car but sometimes leave stuff in the car.

what is the check safelock message? where is that?

andrewbabz

Feb 28, 2011
comes up on the computer display after you turn the engine off for about 20-30seconds before it changes to total miles

andrewbabz

Feb 28, 2011
i guess so then lol.

i thought it was just the standard in thing with the ibiza, must be MY11 specific. its fairly daft tho, cos really, who forgets to lock their car?!

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
I have before lol, walked out in the morning and it didnt make the unlocking noise. I was like 'Huh, i didn't lock my car'

For some reason the thing i worry about is my iPod most in there lmao. My boyfriend noticed i always say about my iPod, i guess i just walk in the house after work sometimes. But i usually check before i go to bed by looking for the flashing red light.

andrewbabz

Feb 28, 2011
haha. i left the house unlocked on saturday..oops!

yeah i always leave my iPod out in the car, which was why i was wondering about the message thing. its not a biggy but was just curious about it

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
I'd definately get worried about the house! Nearly done that before though lol.

Maybe contact the dealer and see if they could do anything?

andrewbabz

Feb 28, 2011
my dealer told me cruise control slowed the car down if you got too close to a car so i dont hold out much help going to them!

was more just curious as to whether it could be done, and done at home for that matter! i'll just have to write myself a note :p

Ex-Racer

May 14, 2011
Leeds
Don't imagine a red flashing light will stop your typical thief. Quick smash of glass and off with the Ipod. Don't leave anything of value in your car. Yes, it takes time to remove and put back, but surely that is better than having it stolen.

char_baby

Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Don't imagine a red flashing light will stop your typical thief. Quick smash of glass and off with the Ipod. Don't leave anything of value in your car. Yes, it takes time to remove and put back, but surely that is better than having it stolen.

I don't expect that will ward them off, you can't see the iPod anyway. And if they took just the iPod and smashed the window i wouldn't exactly be half as bothered compared to if they actually took my car.