Revotechnik

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum includes Members Projects » Leon » Leon Mk1

Leon Mk1 Use this forum for Leon specific topics, for 2000-2005 models only

Old 26-07-2011, 23:53   #1
devonfr150

devonfr150 has 10 points
Leon TDi clutch and flywheel

Hello all I had my 150 TDi remapped last year and the clutch is on the way out. Anybody got any reccomendations on what to go for as there are many different options avaliable all very different, wanted some first hand opinions on clutches and flywheels. Not looking to spend mega money but willing to pay for a reasonable setup!
Old 27-07-2011, 01:10   #2
mikeholroyd

I had the clutch and flywheel replaced on my Octavia TDI 6 months ago. I was advised to go for the solid flywheel conversion, which I did, and I am pleased to say I couldn't be happier.

It's much smoother, quieter, and free of rattles and much lighter on the clutch pedal now than it ever has been.

I wouldn't hesitate to try to point you in this direction!

The kit that went into mine was a 4 piece Valeo kit, cost me £300 for the parts, and £120 for fitting. Compare that with £1100 from Skoda, and there wasn't really any competition.

I have a mate who is a taxi driver in the Scottish Borders, and he has now done over 100k miles on taxi work with his solid flywheel conversion without any problems whatsoever.

Mike
Old 28-07-2011, 00:07   #3
devonfr150

devonfr150 has 10 points
Will most certainly look into going the soild flywheel route! anybody got any furthur suggestions for where to buy and what make to go for? dont want one that the car will rip apart now that shes remapped
Old 28-07-2011, 14:23   #4
Mo Arif
V.A.G Planet

Mo Arif has 10 points
was this for the 6 speed box or 5 speed?
Old 09-08-2011, 22:30   #5
devonfr150

devonfr150 has 10 points
Its for a 6 speed box any help would be appreciated cheers
Old 10-08-2011, 09:50   #6
seantdi
no smoke no poke!!

seantdi has 20 points
i heard a solid flywheel on the 6 speed gearbox makes them very noisy.. they are grand on the 5 speed
Old 10-08-2011, 14:04   #7
gdjohny
Crazy Mechanical Engineer

gdjohny has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by seantdi View Post
i heard a solid flywheel on the 6 speed gearbox makes them very noisy.. they are grand on the 5 speed
same here.
I got Cupra TDI and I went with SACHS flywheel and CG Motortsport paddle clutch. Few months after the remap the clutch is perfect.
gdjohny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 23:55   #8
devonfr150

devonfr150 has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdjohny View Post
same here.
I got Cupra TDI and I went with SACHS flywheel and CG Motortsport paddle clutch. Few months after the remap the clutch is perfect.
Did you get these parts off of the CG motorsport website? could you send me the part numbers so I can check it out, cheers!
Old 27-08-2011, 16:11   #9
devonfr150

devonfr150 has 10 points
Still unsure as to which kits I should be looking at! Uprated DMF or solid flywheel?? Best clutch kit to go for??