Tr1ck's Mk1 Leon Cupra. New Wheels pg.2

Tr1ck

May 13, 2011
Cornwall
After driving a few Leons at work, and liking the way they drive. I thought id invest in one myself!
Bought my Leon Cupra a couple of months ago with 36k on the clock and full Seat service history :D and to be honest im really happy with it! Plus it has the Recaro seats and a sunroof, which ive heard you dont really see many of!
I have quite a few ideas for things id like to do to it, but due to funds this is likely to be quite a long and slow project :(
Heres a list of some of the thing i would like to do;

Change the headlights back to standard - Done
Change the rear lights back to standard - Done
FMIC
Coilovers
Cades Tyrus wheels - Done
Cupra R brakes
Cupra R front splitter - Done
Decent turbo back exhaust system
Forge 007P recirculating DV Done
N249 Bypass Done
Pipercross cone filter - Done
6000k HIDS Done
Xenon Led numberplate bulbs Done
Custom remap to 225bhp and 217lbft torque Done
Im sure some other things will come up along the way. [B)]

so this is what it looks like at the moment, any comments or suggestions would be great! thanks

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

Last edited:

Tr1ck

May 13, 2011
Cornwall
Not really an update, but today i though id give the calipers some paint.. Just black as i think the red looks a little chavvy! personal opinion though :D

before;
IMG_0477.jpg

after;
IMG_0478.jpg

pictures are pretty poor as there just from a phone.

Tr1ck

May 13, 2011
Cornwall
Small Update

This arrived today! Forge 007P Recirculating Dump Valve.

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

ready for my remap tomorrow :D

Last edited:

Dezeze

Jun 4, 2011
Swindon
Not really an update, but today i though id give the calipers some paint.. Just black as i think the red looks a little chavvy! personal opinion though :D

And a dump valve/ tinted rear lights arent chavvy?
I think red would have looked bob on with this car mate, would look good against the black.
And some nice Rs6 alloys (however, a Brembo upgrade may be needed, mine looks a little strange, giant wheels, tiny brakes!)

Tr1ck

May 13, 2011
Cornwall

And a dump valve/ tinted rear lights arent chavvy?
I think red would have looked bob on with this car mate, would look good against the black.
And some nice Rs6 alloys (however, a Brembo upgrade may be needed, mine looks a little strange, giant wheels, tiny brakes!)

i know the tinted lights look chavvy as they are getting replaced with standard ones soon and the dump valve isn't atmospheric so it hardly makes any noise, purely a upgrade replacement part to help with the remap.

and id love to get the brembo's :)

Dezeze

Jun 4, 2011
Swindon
i know the tinted lights look chavvy as they are getting replaced with standard ones soon and the dump valve isn't atmospheric so it hardly makes any noise, purely a upgrade replacement part to help with the remap.

and id love to get the brembo's :)

That's my fishing done for the day!;)

I had the tinted lights on my old black Impreza WRX Sportwagon and always felt I was being judged!
Yeah, I noticed it was re-circulating, but it's always worth trying to get a rise!
There's just something a little embarrassing when u see some overweight, bald, middle aged bloke thrashing a 16 year old Impreza around shopping areas so people can admire the sound of his dump valve and over excessive exhaust note!

Tr1ck

May 13, 2011
Cornwall
went to have my car remapped yesterday and found that it could't be done :( due to the fact that my N75 waste gate control valve isn't reading correctly!
this is what they gave me
IMG_0568.jpg

apparently its supposed to read a constant 95 (the red line) and mines dropping down to about 63 (blue line)

something else that needs replacing now! although its a simple job.

tomizoom

i also just bought mine, same story one owner etc. stuck a MATT BLACK SUNSTRIP on mine, would suit yours aswell! mine came with matt black std wheels (peronally i like, not for everyone tho') it also came with painted red std calipers, people think theyre brembos, UNTIL they get close!. WIND DEFLECTORS, just put some on mine, look pretty cool, but be carefull when fitting as they snap easily! [sun strip: extreme signs-£45 delivered] [wind deflectors: cimeair-£50 delivered can be cheaper elsewhere] did you find any decent exaused systems? pretty keen myself!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tr1ck

May 13, 2011
Cornwall
i also just bought mine, same story one owner etc. stuck a MATT BLACK SUNSTRIP on mine, would suit yours aswell! mine came with matt black std wheels (peronally i like, not for everyone tho') it also came with painted red std calipers, people think theyre brembos, UNTIL they get close!. WIND DEFLECTORS, just put some on mine, look pretty cool, but be carefull when fitting as they snap easily! [sun strip: extreme signs-£45 delivered] [wind deflectors: cimeair-£50 delivered can be cheaper elsewhere] did you find any decent exaused systems? pretty keen myself!

haven't exactly looked for exhaust systems yet.. going for a remap, coilovers and some new wheels first ;) but it will most likely be a miltek system i would go for..

Tr1ck

May 13, 2011
Cornwall
had it custom remapped today to 225bhp and 217 lbft but the spring in my dv valve is to weak.. i have a green spring in my forge 007p valve and apparently i need a yellow which is stronger :/ i have put the OEM one back on and its running pretty smooth... the car feels so different to drive now :D

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
had it custom remapped today to 225bhp and 217 lbft but the spring in my dv valve is to weak.. i have a green spring in my forge 007p valve and apparently i need a yellow which is stronger :/ i have put the OEM one back on and its running pretty smooth... the car feels so different to drive now :D

your torques a little low, with the stronger spring id say you'll be looking at 230-240 lb ft ,

similar mods and thats what ive managed, but thats running a stock airbox

and just to warn you your vacuum pipe will rub on the back of your engine cover due to the height of the new 007p, (i fit mine in reverse for this reason), might be worth sticking a bit of foam around it to protect it, :)

Tr1ck

May 13, 2011
Cornwall
your torques a little low, with the stronger spring id say you'll be looking at 230-240 lb ft ,

similar mods and thats what ive managed, but thats running a stock airbox

and just to warn you your vacuum pipe will rub on the back of your engine cover due to the height of the new 007p, (i fit mine in reverse for this reason), might be worth sticking a bit of foam around it to protect it, :)

thanks for the heads up on the vacuum pipe, ill get onto that before it rubs through

dixyman666

Dec 5, 2011
Cornwall
nice car mate im in Camelford cornwall with a modified seat leon cupra tdi n would love to come out for a chat etc anyway add me on facebook n we'll chat names scott lintott thers a pic of my leon on my profile pic thanks dude !!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.