Welly's Mk3 Ibiza Cupra - Black betty- New wheels on!

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
After much hassle, i've finally got the mk3 on the road. Its got a scorpion cat back exhaust, which sounds quite nice but i'm not really sure on the performance increase? A forge split-r dump valve, uprated discs and pads, and a jabbasport re-map to a claimed 212bhp. I've got a print out but it seems quite high with no de-cat/front mount etc. I've only done a few touches so far, like LCR splitter and de wipering. Will post more pics when I work out how. :D

Hope you like it.

betty.jpg

Last edited:

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
IMG-20110527-00036.jpg

Looking really really really like a dune buggy, need some coilies!

IMG-20110527-00037.jpg

Filthy, and i'm scared of heat soak with that filter?

IMG-20110527-00034.jpg

Rear view with rusty boot.

IMG-20110527-00033.jpg

Need to locate some longer wheel bolts for my rear spacers.

IMG-20110527-00035.jpg

:D

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
Rubbish photos I know. I've got some plans but I'm working on a 19 year olds budget and my insurance can pay buckingham palaces mortgage. So eventually, I'd like coilovers, a front mount intercooler, turbo back blue flame, maybe new wheels, maybe a funky colour for the standard wheels, tints, and get those pesty grey bumper strips colour coded, and get a stubby aerial so it dosn't look like a remote control car. Hid's are also on the list! A big work in progress, but what a car! Never thought boost would be so fun, and how easy it is to wind up more expensive machinery!

I'd love some comments and suggestions please, need some inspiration.

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
Desperately seeking gearbox

A few more details are getting sorted, but now the gearbox has gone bang :( Any advice on finding a replacement gearbox would be much appreciated :help:

tiny-tinkerbell

Aka Alana
Jan 28, 2011
south Yorkshire
Really nice car I like em in black too (although yellow are faster;) )
Looks like you got some good ideas bout future mods, keep us updated:)

As for gearbox id check ebay for anyone breaking an ibiza or you may find a reconditioned one?
Hope you get it sorted

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2010
Lincolnshire
Looks nice mate, but jesus christ, how in the hell did you manage to get insured on a cupra at 19??
I'm on a 1.4 Mk.4 and that's a bomb as it is!
Haha, looks sweet though mate. Coilovers and spacers like you say would look awesome.

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
Thanks for the comments. Ermmmm my insurance is certainly hefty, but i work constantly to afford it, and everytime it goes ptsssshhhhhhh, its all worth it! :D Few bits done,
stubby aerial on,
8000k hid's fitted,
speaker adaptors are here,
audi tt shifter on its way hopefully,
b&m short shift copy on its way,
4 new toyo t1-r's fitted,
supersprint oval back box bought of "peachy" to replace my twin exit as not a fan of the twin exit,
and some headlight covers, nothing tacky, just clear ones, i just loved em on my dads evo.
So now I have a little stash of parts waiting to go on, but as said, my gearbox has popped its clogs and my tax runs out at the end of the month, so i think everythings going on hold until i'm back on the road.:(

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
So eventually I sourced a gearbox, and now handily have a spare engine as it worked out easier just to buy both. And my dad (bete noir) started cracking on with me dabbling in and out in between feeling sorry for myself that I wasn't on the road. This is what we found.
BrokenGearbox2.jpg

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
The audi tt short shifter fell through but ended up sourcing a forge one for not a bad price.The difference is noticable and coupled with the b&m copy thats waiting to go on should be a nice and little shift.

Last edited:

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
:(Having ordered some longer wheel bolts of bill@badger5 to fit my oz spacers, it then came to my attention that the oz spacers that I had on my superleggaras have a bigger diameter then these 16's.
DSC03721.jpg

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
DSC03726.jpg

I wash it quite regularly and everytime it surprises me how well the paint work comes up for a 11 year old car! Brakes are dieing for a refurb though. hopefully 2012 will bring brembos.

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
DSC03727.jpg

And put this sticker on a while back for the giggles, a £1.50 jobby off of ebay. Its lost its novely now but its the strongest glue in the world!
DSC03728.jpg

I'd like to have a heatshield made up, maybe out of carbon fibre, has anyone tried this before?
DSC03729.jpg

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
Forge quick shift

DSC03731.jpg

Whilst the gearbox was out thought it was about time to do something about the gear shift, so the forge shifter was fitted, nice and shiny.

I still love hid's!
DSC03733.jpg

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
sorrry about all the photo's, but having my car back on the road is better than christmas!

2012 will hopefully bring-

weitec gt's
comp mo's
brembo's
colour coding
spacers
FMIC
and eventually a k04.

Last edited:

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
oh be nice to have someone semi local- Got new exhaust on, now got an oval tailpipe, also got rear spacers on, everythings going slowly unfortunately. let me know if you get one!

Last edited:

dub17

Mar 26, 2012
I will get one, its just a matter of time, there was one in southampton, but with 16 previous owners and 2 owners in the last 4months and he seemed desperate to get rid of it, it was very suspect! trying to get a nice example at the right price.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members