1.2 TSi recall

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Hello,

I was in my local SEAT garage this afternoon having my air con sorted to. When i picked the car up the woman on the desk told me she needed me to book my car in next week due to a recall on the turbo charger in my car. She said they're ordering all the parts in ready, and if it needs sorting they will swop them straight over so I don't have to come back again.

Just wondered if anyone knows any info on what the problem is, or has had it sorted?

Any maybe it will prompt some of you to check if yours needs sorting too!

Sam

matty1000kk

Oct 11, 2011
I've had a new Turbo on mine. Booked in for a rattle just above idle which turned out to be the Turbo. I did not notice any loss in performance before hand. I was never made aware of a recall though. Hopefully it does not have to go in again.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
what sort of rattle? mine ticks on idle is that the same thing? as soon as the engine revs it sounds like any other engine, but on idle there is always a ticking noisy, its pretty loud too

matty1000kk

Oct 11, 2011
They all tick on idle. Mines the same. If you blip the throttle with the bonnet up you would notice it right away.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
Wonder if the turbos are the same as in the 1.4?? The only rattle i ive ever noticed it changing from 1st to second low rpm. If i blip mine i get a nice sucktion chuffy noise but i will try it with the bonnet open.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
Wonder if the turbos are the same as in the 1.4?? The only rattle i ive ever noticed it changing from 1st to second low rpm. If i blip mine i get a nice sucktion chuffy noise but i will try it with the bonnet open.

Never had any issues with the 1.4 when I had the car from new mate :)

Although I did have issues with the Aircon leaking water at the passenger side.

Sorry forgot to add, the internal aircon pipe was leaking so it was swapped out under warranty other than nothing major err the basket net was sagging from new had this replaced...hmm nothing much if i can think of anymore I will let you know.

Last edited:

DJ_Steve

Resident Poet
Apr 21, 2004
whitley bay/newcastle
i must say i thought i heard what you could describe as a rattle on my leon on first few days driving it but just put it down to being new car and fact only had like 300mi on clock

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Is this likely to apply to the Audi A1 also with the same engine? Saw something similar mentioned on the Audi forum a few weeks ago.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I guess it could be possible if its the same engine, maybe give your local a call?

Also just had a thought, the woman said they will replace it if the parts are faulty, however, if its a recall surely it should be changed anyway due to the possibility it could fail?

Fusster

Jul 19, 2011
Its a workshop action...its only affects turboo,s with certain part no,s,thats why they have to be checked,if the work is required a shim is fitted between the turbo and the wastegate actuator and a software update is carried out.
the control unit seems to misread the position of the wastegate actuator and this fixes that problem

Reactions: loonymoon

loonymoon

Its a workshop action...its only affects turboo,s with certain part no,s,thats why they have to be checked,if the work is required a shim is fitted between the turbo and the wastegate actuator and a software update is carried out.
the control unit seems to misread the position of the wastegate actuator and this fixes that problem

I take it that means probably not the 1.2 TSI in the ibiza then...?? I guess I'd get a letter if it did effect my car??

Fusster

Jul 19, 2011
I take it that means probably not the 1.2 TSI in the ibiza then...?? I guess I'd get a letter if it did effect my car??
Yep 1.2 ibiza,s aswell
you wont get a letter as its a workshop action(carried out while the vehicle is in for repair)
if you pm me your chasiss no i can check for you when i,m back in on tuesday

CandyWight

1.2tsi 5dr Ibiza Sport
Jun 23, 2011
Isle of Wight
Yep 1.2 ibiza,s aswell
you wont get a letter as its a workshop action(carried out while the vehicle is in for repair)
if you pm me your chasiss no i can check for you when i,m back in on tuesday

Just seen this! Will pop into the garage some time this week and ask about this! Mine has been making a funny noise, not that loud, but it hasn't always done it. I thought maybe it as the colder weather, but best to get her checked out I think!

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Well i didnt notice any problem with mine, but it was in yesterday and the woman said they have fitted the new parts! So they may just do it anyway?

Unfortunately didnt get it back yesterday as they want to fit a new compressor and fuel sender too!

loonymoon

Well I phoned my dealer yesterday and they said yes it is due for the recall but as it's a workshop action they didn't seem that bothered as normally it'd just be done when the car comes in for a service or other action. So I'm just going to leave it until the service- about 4300 miles to go.

CandyWight

1.2tsi 5dr Ibiza Sport
Jun 23, 2011
Isle of Wight
Well, I popped into the dealers this morning, and sure enough mine is one of the affected ones. Mine isn't due for a service until the end of June so she is booked in on 4th April to be sorted. Thanks for the heads up on this Jarre, although I know it's not urgent, I don't want to leave it until June if it can be fixed before.