Leon mk2 Cupra on 19'' R wheels, FL interior, Cupra R diffuser. Stage 2 @ 9 july..

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
Hello guys & girls,

Been reading this place since I got my Leon Cupra last august, although you are running slightly (RHD) different cars then in the Netherlands it offers loads of info on these cars. After some thought I now want to join the community and do some bit of posting/putting up some pics and info.

I'm Joost, 24 years of age and driving a Mk2 Leon Cupra (from 09-2008). Living in the Netherlands but the Seat, and especially the Cupra scene is alot more alive in the UK. That is one good reason to join this forum.

Like I said above I got my mk2 Cupra since august last year, and i'm loving it ever since. For a daily car it offers quite some performance. It might not be the best equiped car in its class but I quite like it. It's chrono yellow by the way, so whether you hate or love that color it has some appeal :whistle:

It has some mods already... but dont want to make this opening posts to long, will post them later I think. I uploaded pics already but cant post the links yet, you will see them later though. :)

Last edited:

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
Want to show some pics and spec of my car but need one more post so gonna use this post to list some specs:

Leon mk2 Cupra
- Running on limited edition ABT software (stating it has 310 bhp, could be bit less though)
- Powdercoated black 18'' wheels
- Lowered on eibach sportlines
- 15mm rear spacers

- RNS 510 / MFD3 fitted
- Upgraded interior to facelift spec
- Brown anthracite/black interior panels fitted together with that listed above

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
Here are some pics :)

The day i picked it up from dealer:
Leon4.png

Leon3.png

How it looks right now:
Cupra-PuntoTjet1.JPG

Cupra-PuntoTjet2.JPG

Cupra-PuntoTjet3.JPG

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
Getting my car remapped (2nd time...) at one of the best company's there is available here in Holland on the 4th of July. I had some thought last week at going the UK route and getting software from REVO but there is only one dealer in the Netherlands. It's just a normal dealer who sells the software... i dont think that's the best route to go for really.

I'm getting a map from JD engineering now... highly recommended here... Will be rolled aswell so i'll put the result up afterwards. They promise 310BHP and 390 nM of torque. Will let you guys know!

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
Yeah mate i have some pics.. Will put them online this afternoon when i return from work.
It basically is a facelift climate control unit (Leon FL/Golf mk6 spec) with new Cupra R fascia surroundings. I didnt go for the new instrument cluster though as its so expensive. I like the old color/style as well.

There is a thread about that in the mk2 section which i follow with interest though.

jamiegwillym

Aug 10, 2008
S Wales
Cheers mate.
Isn't the Leon FL unit slightly different from the Golf Mk6 one though?
I can find loads of golf units on the Bay but no Leon unit.

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
Cheers mate.
Isn't the Leon FL unit slightly different from the Golf Mk6 one though?
I can find loads of golf units on the Bay but no Leon unit.

Yeah they are differently shaped ofcourse.. but the connectivity is the same.
This means the conversion from MK6 clima to MK5 is the same way for the FL climate conversion to pre-FL Leon.

They have 3 connectors on the back (A,B & C) which are plug and play between the units. The only thing i needed to do was reroute 1 pin (will look up which one) for the memory of the unit. Thats the only thing you need to do to get it 100% functional.

Getting some pics now :)

joostdeblok

Sep 18, 2011
Netherlands
Bought used RNS 510... didnt like this look with the 'orange' climate control unit.
1.jpg

Removed climate control unit to see if connectors match up to Golf Mk5/Mk6 spec
2.jpg

Bought a used FL climate control unit, fully functional for only 50 GBP. Plan to use the original silver color that the climate control came with... Dealer ordered wrong color for RNS and instrument cluster surroundings.
3.jpg

First hookup
4.jpg

Decided to get new climate control also in the color that the dealer ordered... another few euro's but this color started to grow on me :rolleyes:
5.jpg

Finished job
6.jpg

On the road
7.jpg

jamiegwillym

Aug 10, 2008
S Wales
WoW!
Fair play that looks amazing.. this is definitely my next mod.
Finding one doesn't seem easy though, there are loads of Golf units but not the leon one.

jamiegwillym

Aug 10, 2008
S Wales
Well no luck at first, but since reading your post I had another quick nose on the Bay and found one newly listed for £45.. winner! :funk:

jamiegwillym

Aug 10, 2008
S Wales
Nice![B)] If you need any help on color codes and part numbers let me know.
There are a few different interior colors. I dont know them all but might help you out.

Cheers mate, when I bought the RNS facia I gave David at Sere my VIN and he just matched it for me. Would be nice if it comes the in the correct colour!