Vibration thru accelerator pedal - Cupra TDi

ratfink

Hi all,
Having a few issues with vibrations thru the accelerator pedal when under load (hard/foot down) accelleration.

2004 (54) leon cupra tdi

Car has 92000, just had it serviced (pretty sure the vibration started after the service too...)
Only had the car for about a month, but done about 1500miles so think I can tell its changed.
took it back to the garage and they cant seem to find a problem tho (garage ive used for about 10 years, so trust them mostly)
just not sure thers nothing up?

any suggestions or am I looking a DMF issue here?
Anythng else I can check?

No obvious clutch slip
Car accellerates well too
No big kncks or anything like that - just vibration thru the pedal

I have a golf gt tdi (2003 130bhp one) so have a benchmark of a similar engine/setup and the golf doesnt do this.

hmmm

any help appreciated!!

ratfink

not sure... - gonna make some notes on my way to work tomoro as to exactly when!
any reason why around 2k?

ratfink

hmm
will check tomoro mate
hopefully someone else will join in with a answer too!

garage just told me to monitor it - see if gets better/worse over time?
just dont want to be causing damage

dunnno if a loose turbo pipe connection could cause vibration like this?
tickover seems fine too

ratfink

strength in numbers eh :)
hoping its nothing serious - only had the car for lil while!

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Mine had a rattle when pulling off (only around 1k-1200rpm) when I test drove it, the dealership assured me it would be looked at, it turned out to be a driveshaft/bearing in my case which they fixed before I bought the car.

Don't know if that's any help but I'd check engine mounts, bushes, driveshafts etc. before looking at anything too serious :)

rallynut

Dec 25, 2008
I had this a few times when I've taken wheels off my car,weirdly it goes after a few ,iles or even over night...no idea what it was!?

ratfink

hoping its a bush or something
gonna give a while and see what happens - keep an eye on it

seems to be when accelerating (under load)
and not related to a specific rev range...

seems possible to be the dog mount bush as it would be worse under load??
will jack it up at the wknd and have a look to see what the bush looks like

doesnt look like an expensive fix (possible pita with removing bolts tho..)

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I know this is an extremely old post but I'm suffering from the exact same issue and was wondering if you'd ever resolved it?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mar 16, 2013
Shrewsbury
is it a pd150?

if so, check where the brake servo pipe goes past the turbo intake pipe, as it drops down behind the engine on the left (looking at the engine), if anything touches the servo pipe, you get a vibration in the throttle pedal, I don't know why but it does. sometimes the boost pipes can run on it and cause the vibration.

did it on mine when I did the egr delete/vac simplification.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Something along these lines had crossed my mind actually.
When I get a chance ill take another closer inspection. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

s1 evoloution

May 16, 2016
vibration the causes at a specific engine speed on car i checked was done to clutch judder the clutch will always maintain full grip its just the engine will shake and its always at a certain speed which is usually low engine rpms when the clutch and flywheel are talking up most of the torgue from the engine if left for to long damages engine mountings and is also caused by oil or contamination on the clutch or flywheel when seats first had a recall it was down to clutch and flywheel contamination. ive seen it from oil leaks from rear crankshaft oil seals as well as engine camcover oil leaks. peugeots its a release bearing failure causes clutch judder rovers oil on clutch other cars is gearbox leaking oil past the input shaft on to the clutch.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.