Wing mirror help

Drummer1472

Just bought a secondhand Leon reference 1.9 tdi 2008 no manuals. The wing mirrors are adjusted on a consol electrically but there is no way to retract them, no symbol or obvious method. Wonder if they are manually operated to retract, given it a go but feels a bit hard to turn, fear I will break it! Got an online generic manual but not much help. Any useful comments appreciated.

mark-cupra

FR TFSI
Sep 11, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
do you mean to fold them in??
if so then you hold the lock button on the key fob in for a few seconds and they will go :)
they fold out again when the key is turned in the ignition

hope that helps

billy fin

May 30, 2009
Dunfermline Scotland
folding door mirrors

hi drummer i think youll find your mirrors are only manually adjustable i have just purchased an 08 plate seat leon reference 1.6 petrol and the only thing electrical about them is the contol knob which adjusts the glass in the mirrors the control knob needs to have four symbols around it to be able to fold mirrors in mines has only 3 symbols they fold easily by holding the front and back of mirror and pushing towards the door glass hope this helps

hertssjc

Jun 18, 2012
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
i have folding mirrors on my Mk2. I have only had it 5 weeks and only discovered that you can fold them using the remote key fob!

All of a sudden they have stopped working on the fob, does the 4 position knob need to be in a certain position for the fob function to work. Any help would be appreciated.

B19 DJC

Jul 22, 2012
Hertfordshire
Hi,

I've only just worked out that mine fold in!

I have a joystick that if I turn to 11 o'clock I can adjust the left hand mirror, at the 1 o'clock position it adjusts the right hand one, but if I turn it all the way round to 6 o'clock they fold in!

Dan.

hertssjc

Jun 18, 2012
B19 DJC

I think that i have sussed mine!

If when you lock the car using fob, keep your finger on the button and the mirrors should fold in. When you put the key back in the ignition they will fold out again. I have the same button in the car as you, so assume that your mirrors will work on the fob as well.

B19 DJC

Jul 22, 2012
Hertfordshire
No, mine don't do it from the remote. It's something I'd love to get activated, I'm sure it can be done with the VAGcom thingy.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

Candyboi

i have folding mirrors on my Mk2. I have only had it 5 weeks and only discovered that you can fold them using the remote key fob!

All of a sudden they have stopped working on the fob, does the 4 position knob need to be in a certain position for the fob function to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Mine have all of sudden stopped working of the key fob!!

How did you get it working with the fob again?

hertssjc

Jun 18, 2012
Candyboi,

When mine stopped working i used the fob to open the car and kept my finger on the button until all the windows are open. I then closed the car and again kept my finger on the button, when the windows are about 1/3 up the mirrors fold in. This seems to reset the function. Give it a go, it may work.

Regards

Last edited:

chigz

Do the mirrors fold on all models? I just bought a Leon 1.6 Reference Sport and cant seem to find out how to get them to fold. only have three symbols on the central control and using the fob doesn't work. any ideas...?
thanks

hertssjc

Jun 18, 2012
Chigz,

To have the folding mirror function, the mirror control button should have 4 position setings. Set at the 12 o'clock position should activate heated mirrors when heated rear screen is on, settings to the left and right of the 12 o'clock position are to control the left and right mirrors. If you have a 4th setting at the 6 o'clock position, then you have the folding mirror function.

Turning the button to this position will fold the mirrors and moving back to either of the other positions will unfold them. They can also be folded/unfolded using the remote fob. Lock the car with the fob and keep your finger on the button will fold the mirrors. When you get back into the car and put ignition to position 1 the mirrors unfold.

If there is no symbol at this position then i am afraid you do not have folding mirrors.

Hope this helps.

chef74

Did you get them working again?

hi, new on this forum, but ive just brought a leon tdi, 09 plate, i had my wing mirrors working, and folding in using the key remote, i then pissed about folding them in using the little knob inside, now they will only fold in using that, and wont fold in using the key remote, any idea why please??

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

hertssjc

Jun 18, 2012
Hi Chef74,

I have just had the same trouble with mine. There is a temporary workaround in my earlier post, but it is a pain in the arse to be honest!

I have mine booked in for a service next Saturday so hope that they can sort it with a software update.

I will let you know if they do.

wako786

Hi I have a 06 plate 2.0tdi 140..
it does have the retractable mirror knob in the centre cosole however when i lock the car with the button the mirrors dont retract and the windows dont seem to go up and down as well??
are the Mirrors supposed to retract on these models??

Last edited by a moderator:

hertssjc

Jun 18, 2012
wako786,

To open and shut the windows using the fob you have to keep your finger on the button until they are either fully open or shut.

To auto fold mirrors using the fob press the close button as normal, but keep pressing until the mirrors start to fold. What i found is that if you press the close button too hard they do not fold.

Not sure if your 56 plate has this function, but as you have the folding mirror button on the centre console would imagine that you do.

You could take your owners manual into a dealer, the codes on the build sticker which is on the first few pages will tell them the spec and any options you have fitted.

Good luck

Skid_Solo

Hi got a strange problem on my 06 FR mirrors fold in fine, but yesterday when adjusting the right mirror, both mirrors moved (left and right) however when adjusating the left only the left mirror moved. This was via the button on the centre console

So to get the right mirror in positio I had to adjust this 1st and then correct the left mirror aftwerwards.

Anyone had the same issue ? and if so found a solution, had the car from new and 1st time this has happened

hertssjc

Jun 18, 2012
Skid,

I believe that this is a feature, whereby adjusting the mirrors with the window control button in either the central or right position will adjust both mirrors at the same time. With the control in the left position it controls the left mirror.

To be sure i would check your hand book, but am positive that you do not have a fault.

Regards

dimwit18

Did anyone find a fix for them to stop folding when using the fob? I've been using this feature for about a month and they randomly stopped working today? If i drop the windows and then shut them it shuts teh mirrors as well but if I just hold down the lock button nothing happens. Very frustrating!

Bit of a random point but this was the first teh screen told me the roads were icey 4c on my way home, does this make any difference?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.